For Chris, "shorthanded"

Kinda like a prayer chain ...
Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:34 pm

Ragnar:
Besides finding that he has to learn to pick his nose with his other hand, it will not even be noticed in time.

As an after thought, I presume you have heard of the Keltic tale of Llugh the handed? Or the Norse tale of Tyr sacrificing his hand to Fenris?
LOL Funny how that was the first thing I said to him... And my mother too!
As for Llugh and Tyr... I had the story of Llugh in my head the last week. ;) He knows it could be much worse, but I shall eventually be reading these to him.

Thanks all for the reassurance ^_^ It is going to look just fine when it is healed. It's itchy now!!! Good sign!! That means it is healing!!!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:58 am

Yay for itchy.
=D>
Although Chris probably isn't celebrating thta part.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

MettaPax
Level 5
Level 5

Post by MettaPax » Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:09 am

I am totally late but I would like to offer prayers for both you and him. [-o<

I would also like to tell you about my step father. :-D

When he was 18 he was the leader of a boyscouts group. On a hike he was bitten by a rattle snake and rushed to the hospital. They froze his arm to keep the venom from spreading (granted this was 40 plus years ago). Well, they kinda messed up with the process and they had to amputate his arm. Just a few inches beyond his elbow. :-(

My step father is an amazing person. He and my mother are no longer together, but he is married to a beautiful sweddish woman and lives in Europe. :-D

He has driven stickshift ford trucks, played drums, attepted running for president of the united states, helped disabled people have rights as citizens against discrimination, been a butcher, a teahcer and restored antique painting and artifacts. He is not embarrassed. ;)

The experience made him want to do more with his life, to show those "lookie-loo's" that they can do more than look at his disability, they can look at what he's accomplished with it! \:D/

It seems to me that his concern isn't really "are you embarrased?" but more, "How he is embarrased." He needs to work on accepting his current state, once he is healed of course. He is still a whole person. Lovable, cared for, nothing has changed. He is still him, the man you love. :love10:

I wish you both the best of luck. [-o<
Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.
-Yoda

"The path of true happiness is one of integrating and fully accepting all aspects of our experience." - Sharon Salzberg from "Loving Kindness"

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:04 pm

It seems to me that his concern isn't really "are you embarrased?" but more, "How he is embarrased." He needs to work on accepting his current state, once he is healed of course.
That is EXACTLY it, my friend. Wow, your step-father sounds like an amazing man! Good on him!!

I think his mind shall be off of his hand for a while... since he just finalized a deal for a '98 PORSCHE BOXSTER!!!! GREAT condition and amazing price!! Sexy sexy car...

And I've got an interview with a great job tomorrow morning for Reiki :) Possibly full-time 8-)

And his bandages are getting smaller and smaller!! The one finger needs a regular bandage now!! He is healing so quickly!! With his body's fast healing and the onslaught of Reiki and prayers and blessings, he is doing much much better. He squeezed his hand when his mom slammed on the brakes to avoid hitting another car on the way back from the dealership (needed another driver), and has been feeling sick since, but it too shall pass. He's being advised to start wiggling piggies :P so his hand doesn't get frozen in that position once the skin heals.

Your blessings really do make all the world of difference. Thank you all soooo much. He and I are so thankful.

:hug:
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:08 am

I'm sooo sorry I missed this, CHL!

Belated Reiki being sent.

Apparently this is what I get for thinking you'd all be fine for a week or two while I went on holiday... ;) #-o
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:28 pm

Aww don't worry, Kitsune ^_^

How was the vacation??

And my friend's baby is shy: hasn't faced the world yet O_O

Glad you are back!!!
Crazy Healer Lady

MettaPax
Level 5
Level 5

Post by MettaPax » Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:22 am

Crazy Healer Lady wrote:
It seems to me that his concern isn't really "are you embarrased?" but more, "How he is embarrased." He needs to work on accepting his current state, once he is healed of course.
That is EXACTLY it, my friend. Wow, your step-father sounds like an amazing man! Good on him!!

I think his mind shall be off of his hand for a while... since he just finalized a deal for a '98 PORSCHE BOXSTER!!!! GREAT condition and amazing price!! Sexy sexy car...

And I've got an interview with a great job tomorrow morning for Reiki :) Possibly full-time 8-)

And his bandages are getting smaller and smaller!!
:hug:
Yeppers, A nice sports car maybe just the trick to snap him out of it! :-D

I am glad to hear that he is healing quickly. Make sure you take care of you too. ;) How did your interview go???? Did ya get the job??? [-o< [-o< [-o<
Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.
-Yoda

"The path of true happiness is one of integrating and fully accepting all aspects of our experience." - Sharon Salzberg from "Loving Kindness"

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:58 pm

I am glad to hear that he is healing quickly. Make sure you take care of you too. How did your interview go???? Did ya get the job???
Ah yes my friend got me a gift certificate for a spa for my birthday ^_^ This Wednesday I get Chi skin brushing, moor mud bath, aromatherapy massage, gelwhol wax on my hands (good for skin & joints), eyelash tinting (don't ask), and a refreshment tray ^_^

As for the job... :oops: oh :censored: don't get me started...

I went for the interview, and they were amazing. Until I learned the income was only tips, but mine would not be. Which prompted me to ask if people ever came in asking for more than a massage. He outright admitted that some girls did *ahem* "massage" and... I left very quickly.

#-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o

Not the kind of place I want to bring Reiki into...

:cry: kind of a kick in the gut though but there are more places who want interviews :)
Crazy Healer Lady

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:14 am

That is too bad about the job.

And good on ya keeping your standards high. Keep plugging and something will come through.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:33 am

I went for the interview, and they were amazing. Until I learned the income was only tips, but mine would not be. Which prompted me to ask if people ever came in asking for more than a massage. He outright admitted that some girls did *ahem* "massage" and... I left very quickly
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry, I realize that this is serious and I completely support your morals, but that is hilarious.

Sort of like when a friend of mine was doing searches for hot girls in Calgary (some sort of a bar page that offered pics of their waitresses) and we found a page that gave us the current costs among prostitutes of Calgary for hand jobs.

This sort of stuff is so hilarious to find. I can't believe people still do this anymore.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews