For Chris, "shorthanded"

Kinda like a prayer chain ...
Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

For Chris, "shorthanded"

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:11 pm

Hello, all

I haven't been online for a while.

My boyfriend had a fight with a chop-saw on Wednesday morning. Guess who won?? Poor thing. He is always so careful. For some reason the thing bounced - no fault of his - and came down on his hand. He had his left index finger amputated from the second knuckle up, and his middle finger is cut to the bone but intact, and his thumb is torn a little. They could not reattach his finger - the chop saw mangled it. It could have been much worse.

So, now that the story is told, we would appreciate any blessings, thoughts, healing, etc any one would like to send. The T-3s are not working too well for him - IBU Profen to the rescue - and his pain jumps around a lot. I've been Reiki-ing him nonstop and that has helped a lot with the pain and the healing.

He cannot touch his bandages until next Wednesday when he sees the surgeon, and it's already bled through a little this morning. Hopefully it won't bleed too much more. He's lost about 5lbs with the stress and his body trying to mend. Good thing he's a fast healer.

Thank you all for listening. Pretty well faith is getting us both through this. He's so conscious of his appearance, and I am worried about how this will psychologically affect him. He is still perfect. He keeps asking if I am embarrassed or ashamed to be in public with him now. :cry: There is no way I could be. He is so special, and I am so thankful that this is all that has happened - it could easily have been his hand, and he could have easily died. All he wants to do is go back to work and it is hard to get him to take it easy. "Can't I go back and just... sweep or something??" *sigh* Poor guy

He's sleeping right now. I've basically been his nurse, lol. I'm afraid to leave his side. Right now is the first time since all of this that I've felt it was safe to not watch him like a hawk. Last night was scary. The night before was all right as all he did was sleep when he came home because of the morphene. But he's got a great sense of humour about all this :) The way to the surgeon he and his family were making bad puns. "I heard you went back to work because they were a little... shorthanded! Ah ha ha :roll: " *points missing finger*
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:58 pm

Oh dear,
blessings and healing to him. That is absolutley terrible, but I know you can both get through it, and I am thankful it wasn't worse.
He is realy lucky to have you watching over him and acting as his own personal Reiki Machine.

Here's to fast healing dear! :hug:
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Post by davisherm » Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:32 pm

I'm sending what I can hun. It sounds wierd to say it when he's lost a digit, but I'm so glad he was only hurt a little. As you say, it could have been much worse.

My thoughts are with you two.

:hug:
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:23 pm

definitely sending the good vibes your (and his) way. As everyone else and you have said, it's very fortunate that it wasn't worse. [-o<
"Love like you've never been hurt."

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:48 pm

Thanks all so much from both of us :) :hug:
It sounds wierd to say it when he's lost a digit
ROFL his mother asked me when we were driving to the hospital to meet him if I'd still love him even if he's lost a digit. Even in scary times my mind is a bit... strange :-? and it is a good thing I know how to choke back a childish giggle.

He's doing well :) Reiki is helping the pain more than the painkillers, and he's sleeping lots, which is good.

We thank you all so very much for your thoughts and blessings. :love5:
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Windwalker
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Windwalker » Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:47 pm

Those saw things freakin' scare me. I watch too many of those ripley's believe-it-or-not and medical marvel things where people get their limbs hideously mangled. Makes me a bit paranoid.

As far as things go, he could've come of worse in that battle. I hope he heals quickly! :hug:
si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:59 am

In my prayers [-o<
I agree that he is very lucky - it could have been so much worse - I'm very glad that it wasn't!
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:14 am

Sorry I've jumped in a bit late.

Good thoughts and healing energy to him.

*Shudders* Urg, chop saw jumps are nasty. Could have been worse. I've heard too many bad things about those from my Theatre days, working in the set shop!

Good luck for a fast healing!
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:41 am

Yup. Sending stuff.

Hmmm....We have a good second hand shop around here.... :roll:

runewulf
Zodiac: Scorpio

Post by runewulf » Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:40 pm

Gods bless
http://cajungypsy.blogspot.com

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:39 pm

Thank you all again

He had his first drs appointment today. Took two hours to get the dressings off because there wasn't the non-stick bandage on the raw parts and we were tugging at exposed nerves... and soaking in COLD saline solution (know that feeling of running a cut under the tap? ya... try a whole finger full of exposed nerves!!) O_O

But it got frozen and he's good. I feel badly I'm at home and not being his support, but I had to be home tonight. His hand looks much better than we thought. He has a little more finger than I imagined, but it's weird: He touches the tip, and it feels like it is the side, because the meat and skin of the side were curled over the tip.

They considered doing a skin graph, but he feels he has enough scars.

I feel so badly for him, though. He keeps saying, "If you're embarrassed to be with me in public I understand" and all this... I would NEVER be embarrassed. I want to paint it when it heals - a beautiful, colourful pheonix, because he is just as amazing as one... I could have punched out this lady in the hospital today who was blatantly STARING at his finger. She wouldn't meet my eyes :evil: Like, what the :censored: does she think she is and why the :censored: hasn't she got any :censored: manners??!?!?!!!! :evil: :rock: :boxing: :angryfire: I mean, the poor guy has enough worries about privacy and such, and he's sitting in a hospital (which he hates), tearing off a week-old blood-plastered bandage, he doesn't need some ugly old hag peeking her head in and STARING AT IT!!!!!!!!! KIDS cannot be blamed, and there were a few that were in awe of his poor hand, but to just stare like he's a circus freak???

I didn't even point her out to him. I didn't want him to be more stressed.

Anyway that is my rant... I'm so tired. A week of caregiving is a huge drain. A night of recuperation is necessary, methinks.

Thank you for letting me rant... and for your much appreciated blessings :hug:

*shrugs under covers and snores loudly*
Crazy Healer Lady

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:14 pm

Crazy Healer Lady wrote:He keeps saying, "If you're embarrassed to be with me in public I understand" and all this...
Tell him not to be so bloody stupid. Like a finger is going to worry any one.

If you remember Simon Weston, the guy who was pulled from the burning ship in the Falklands, and had his face burned? If HE does not feel embarassed in Public, then your man has NO excuse. ;)

Besides finding that he has to learn to pick his nose with his other hand, it will not even be noticed in time. :-D

As an after thought, I presume you have heard of the Keltic tale of Llugh the handed? Or the Norse tale of Tyr sacrificing his hand to Fenris?

Sorry, not enough coffee. :coffee: :toothy3: :shaking2:

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:43 am

I hope he gets over his embarrassment soon. As for the Lady, pffft. write her off, some people don't deal well with difference.

Take care of yourself though dear, a nice bath would probably do you good right now.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Windwalker
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Windwalker » Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:34 pm

Dear Lord! What was wrong with that woman?!

Personally I think missing digits are kinda neat. They're a sign of character! And you can make up all these stories about how you lost 'em. "Oh, I was just wrestling Gollum up some mountain somewhere, and the old fellow got a little boisterous and nipped my finger off!" or "Well, I'd dropped my wedding ring down the garbage disposal, and I know they say you're not meant to put your hands down there when it's on but I really needed that ring back..."
si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:07 am

I know a guy who lost his finger in a farming accident in High school and no one notices it. I took me a while (like months) to notice that he had half an index finger. This has not affected his life in any negative way either.
Its like the ole saying: "Hell is in your mind and is what you make of it"
My blessings go out to you both and I feel badly that I did not get to read this in a timely manner.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.