problems with roommate's kitties :(

Kinda like a prayer chain ...
MettaPax
Level 5
Level 5

problems with roommate's kitties :(

Post by MettaPax » Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:14 am

Hey kids! :-)

:-? Well, today I am bummed about the recent events with my roommates cats. :roll: Over the last couple of weeks 2 of them (younger males) have been picking on my Zuzu (older female) and it has gotten to the point to where I have to lock her in my bedroom during the day for fear of her being injured. :-(

I have looked into animal behavior and it appears we are having "territorial" issues. :oops: I also came home to find that the 1000 piece cat puzzle I have been working on was peed on so I had to throw it away. #-o

I had a talk with my roomie 2 days ago about the aggression issue, just to make her aware that there is an ongoing problem, but now we really need to talk about this again and the potential "trial and error" solutions I have researched.

:-D She seemed very receptive to our last conversation, but of course I am in fear of losing my roommate and being put back into the struggle to find another one, not to mention the financial aspect of it. :-?

[-o< I could really use some prayers, ju-ju, mojo, vibes, etc. to help guide me with this. I am very nervous about it. :roll: I know it must seem like a rather small obstacle but in dealing with the death of my father and all that came before and after, I am just so fragile that anything that throws my home life wacky seems major to me.

;) Many thanks in advance.
Metta aka The Cat
Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.
-Yoda

"The path of true happiness is one of integrating and fully accepting all aspects of our experience." - Sharon Salzberg from "Loving Kindness"

Earth Daughter
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Earth Daughter » Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:27 am

You've got my support, I know what its like to have cats with territory issues :roll:. Mine seem to enjoy fighting throughout the entire night just to make sleeping that little bit easier for me... it's a good thing for them that they're just so darn cute, otherwise I don't know if I'd put up with them!
Hope everything works out for you!
Blessed be.
Always forgive your enemies - Nothing annoys them so much.

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:29 am

SMALL OBSTACLE!!!

Well, I must say you downplay the situation well.

If you're anything like most pagans I know (and you seem to be), your pet's welfare is generally more important than your own.

I know when I was dealing with my sister in this area I had a hell of a time.

Her two little cats were deliberately attacking and stalking my cat. I told my Cat to buck up, and if he didn't like being stepped on, to take the fight to them.

He proceeded to kick their asses!!! (proud look on Kitsune's face)

Not that that particular action helped things at all, since after that her cats refused to come downstairs even to use the litter box.

So, I'm not the person to give advice, since I moved out of there as quickly as possible. But man, the downplaying of the problem was brilliant.

You've got my support! [-o< [-o< [-o<
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:32 pm

[-o<

How about the old water spraying tecnique?

Or, if they aren't already, see how your roomate feels about neutering. It may be too late for that, depending on their age...

Blessings your way mon ami [-o<
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

MettaPax
Level 5
Level 5

Post by MettaPax » Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:43 pm

:-D Thanks to everyone for thier prayers, etc. I think my roomie is set on moving out, which is total and complete bummer. :-( We still have plans to talk about things to try tonight but it's not looking good.

CHL - We've been trying the water sprayer, I even got lil water guns to keep all around the house for easy reach... but they still keep after her after a few minutes... it's really bad. Everyone is fixed... it's a territory thing. See... SHE'S THE ALPHA! :lol: And now that there is yound blood in the house they want to be the alphas... at least that's what I can make of it. :-?

I am so bummed. :cry:
-Yoda

"The path of true happiness is one of integrating and fully accepting all aspects of our experience." - Sharon Salzberg from "Loving Kindness"

FyreGarnet
Level 17
Level 17
Zodiac: Aquarius

Post by FyreGarnet » Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:03 pm

Good luck with the rest of this dear. Whether it be the cats relaxing or you having to find a new roommate.

Hugs

FyreGarnet
The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs want to smell everyone's rear and cats want every one to smell THEIR rear - unknown

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:57 pm

Hope this isnt too late, but have you tried rubbing them all with tuna juice? Use the water or oil that tuna fish is canned in and rub it on their fur. They will then start grooming eachother, which usually serves as a bonding aid, so that they are more likely to get along and play nice. Hope this helps!
"Love like you've never been hurt."

MettaPax
Level 5
Level 5

Post by MettaPax » Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:28 pm

:-D Thanks very much Fyre and Morgana but it appears that she will be moving out. :-(

:-? I have two sides going on... :-( one is bummed cause she is a really cool roomate and things have been so tough for the last year that i was looking forward to having some stability again... =D> the other is sort of relieved that her kitties won't be in the house anymore.

:-D You know me, :love10: I looooooove kitties! but they are rather destructive and I have had to make a lot of changes to accommdate them and I don't feel comfortable in my own home anymore so... they gots to go. #-o

In after thought, after talking things over a bit with the roomie it really is for the best. :-)

:roll: So, look forward to a new blessing request when I ask for help finding a new roomie! ;)
-Yoda

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:28 am

Well I hope everything works out for you.

ANd youwill find a new roommate, just start looking ASAP
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

MettaPax
Level 5
Level 5

Post by MettaPax » Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:35 am

Yes'sum! Thanks Willow! :-D
-Yoda

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:07 am

Gah...I keep making posts that seem rude in retrospect...sorry bout that.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

MettaPax
Level 5
Level 5

Post by MettaPax » Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:10 am

:hug:

[-X Don't be so hard on yourself.

You just trying to help. :-D
-Yoda

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:52 am

Gak, I fear I am a bit late on this one - life so hectic busy here that the ol fly in and zip around the library tends to miss a few things now and again :-(

I am glad to see that things are turning out for the better though. I agree with you - when you aren't comfortable in your own home, something's got to give.
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam