new co-worker- wish me luck

Kinda like a prayer chain ...
Earth Daughter
Level 2
Level 2

new co-worker- wish me luck

Post by Earth Daughter » Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:24 pm

After one week of me and the other girl, whom I shall call 'girl' from now on, (who isn't on holidays, unlike the guy who doesn't even work that hard, and shall be henceforth be called 'guy') working our tails off (actually I've been trying to get rid of the darn thing for a while, but it just keeps growing back) they finally hired someone new to replace the other girl who just quit because she is going to college come fall, and needs to earn more money. Now first of all I am glad that they hired someone new it turns out that she teaches a bible camp. I have nothing against this, but I do think that she may have something against my faith. I don't go shouting it from the roof tops or anything, but I am open with anyone who asks (to an extent) and don't wish to lie to her, especially since some of my co-workers already know about my beliefs. However I am thinking that seeing as she teaches a bible camp, religion will be a big thing to her and it may come up alot. She starts tomorrow. I pray to the God, Goddess and anyone else who may be watching/listening send me luck, let her have an open mind and don't let her ruin this job for me, because I really love it. I'm doing a ritual tonihgt and reaffirming my faith, asking for luck and protection, etc. Hopefully this helps. thanks for putting up with this hopefully unnessecary(spelling?) almost/not quite rant.
Blessed Be.
Always forgive your enemies - Nothing annoys them so much.

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:14 am

I think you are taking the best course of action thus far in protecting yourself...but, do as you claim and do not shout it from the mountain top.
Only give the info if she asks for it....don't walk up to her and say "hi, I'm the office pagan/wiccan" or whatever.
Keep it a non-issue

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Ragnar

Re: new co-worker- wish me luck

Post by Ragnar » Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:22 am

Earth Daughter wrote:After one week of me and the other girl, whom I shall call 'girl' from now on, (who isn't on holidays, unlike the guy who doesn't even work that hard, and shall be henceforth be called 'guy')
In a creatively origional mood today, are we? :lol: :lol:

Oh, and good luck. Just don't raise to the bait.

I wouldn't..... Honest! O:) :roll:

Earth Daughter
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Earth Daughter » Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:35 pm

In a creatively origional mood today, are we?
Well at work we were calling the new girl 'it' before we found out that they hired a girl. Personally, I wanted to use gender-neutral-new-hiree. They just gave me that wierd look that I get so often and stayed with 'it'. But 'it' would have been my second choice.
Blessed be.

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:46 pm

In that case, I think your solution of "girl" and "guy" was preferable. ;)

Oh. Bye the way. I was away the day you joined so missed it.

Please allow me to say "hello", and welcome to the mad house. :-D

Earth Daughter
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Earth Daughter » Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:08 pm

Thanks Ragnar, I've really been enjoying it here. Good people, with even better opinions. :-)
And on the topic of names, you should hear what I call the Gremlins, I think that they are currently called 'us-previously-then-again-to-an-extent-evil little gremlins'. (It's a running joke at work, I clean this one cabinet that never stays that way and write a note telling everyone to keep it that and sign it from the gremlins. There are actually little drawings of gremlins in there now.)
Blessed be.

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:40 pm

Good luck!

I always get very intimidated when having to spend time with Xians who are preachers, bible camp teachers, etc.
Recently, I met with the spiritual counsellor for Hospice in my area, formerly a Xian priest/minister/whatever. I got very nervous, placed in a room alone with him, and he seemed very... near to accusation. I thought in the back of my head, "It must be because I'm a sinner in his eyes!" and when the topic came up, I admitted I was not Xian but was very spiritual, not telling him my beliefs directly.
What was he pressing about? My age! Not my beliefs. In fact, with his job, he must be very accepting of others' beliefs, and confessed he found great joy in taking part in the last moments of one's life of a different religion.

Xians can be easily dealt with, or not. If you find one that we all have come across, the one that screams you eat babies, you're SOL. It can be persuaded that we are not worshipping different deities, but the same, just looking at the same thing with a different lense.

Lotus said not to declare your beliefs from a mountain, and I certainly agree, but when and if it ever comes up, looking at her as a friend and fellow spiritual being on her own path up the mountain (and the top is always the same!) really helps.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:05 am

I think you will be fine, don't go trumpetting it and you should be ok. Besides you can always end it as a non-work related conversation.

If you ware nice and let her get to know you as you are...that will create teh best impressiona nd your religion should become somthing like your eye colour, just another feature of you.

I like the guy girl designations though, I should give you a shout when it is time to name kids. :lol:
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27

Post by Lotus » Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:38 pm

Crazy Healer Lady wrote:Good luck!
It can be persuaded that we are not worshipping different deities, but the same, just looking at the same thing with a different lense.

Lotus said not to declare your beliefs from a mountain, and I certainly agree, but when and if it ever comes up, looking at her as a friend and fellow spiritual being on her own path up the mountain (and the top is always the same!) really helps.
I did not mean that she should not be proud of her religion. #-o I was trying to tell her not to trumpet the info.

As for the "not worshipping different deities" thing, I am Pagan who does worship different deities.......we come in all types. ;) :-D
Kemetic Orthodox with a focus on different styles of magick.
Although I am not a member of Per Ankh or The House of Nejer, this is what I am. Also, despite being a member of a Druidic grove too (more for community bonding thing).

BB
Lotus

Earth Daughter
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Earth Daughter » Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:24 pm

I like the guy girl designations though, I should give you a shout when it is time to name kids.
Atually I've always liked Neuwanda (spelling?, pronouced New-wand-a) from the Dead Poets Society (great movie by the way, different, but great).
Blessed be.

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:16 pm

Lotus, I didn't mean it like that :) I didn't make any claim that she should not be proud, or that you said so. I was agreeing with your advice. :-D

I think I am misunderstood. I didn't mean different deities like pantheons. I meant that we all worship the same creative life force at work, either in the form of various deities, or one omnipotent being.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27

Post by Lotus » Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:41 pm

Its all good. :oops: