Job hunt

Kinda like a prayer chain ...
FyreGarnet
Level 17
Level 17
Zodiac: Aquarius

Post by FyreGarnet » Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:59 am

Ok, so this job didn't work out all that well. I resigned today. They said I was too nice. I wasn't pushing the product enough. It was a stupid product. Get this, the pagan was selling christian discipleship stuff. It's some new TV reality series made for teens. Even the other seasoned telemarketers have a very hard time selling this stuff. Makes me think it's no the people who are selling it but the product itself. Oh well, at least I tried.

FyreGarnet
The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs want to smell everyone's rear and cats want every one to smell THEIR rear - unknown

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:02 am

Don't feel bad, most people don't make it in telemarketing. I certainly don't think I could do it.
But good luck with the continued job hunt.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:22 am

FyreGarnet wrote:They said I was too nice.
There are worse things to be ;)
Good luck with the continued search.
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:07 pm

I'm sorry :-( Sounds like a match made in hell. I couldn't sell that stuff!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:51 pm

*gasp* I for one am against all forms of telemarketing....so, are most of the people on the do not call list. I will spare you my rant about marketing in general and over all greed. :-D
I've worked a canvas job where I had to go door to door raising money for an environmental group.....not fun. People did not want me there disrupting their dinner time right after they just got off work.
Because I moved into my place after they stopped the "do not call list" my number is not on it and I get hit by every freakin telemarketer who hangs up before I could tell them to take me off their list.
Plus, two years ago I was in a car accident and every doctor, lawyer, and auto body person was a plague to my answering machine and snail mail.

Any-hoo,
I wish you continued luck on your search.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.