Job hunt

Kinda like a prayer chain ...
FyreGarnet
Level 17
Level 17
Zodiac: Aquarius

Job hunt

Post by FyreGarnet » Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:16 am

Ok, my current job doesn't pay enough, and I'm not getting enough hours. So I'm looking for a second, or even completely different job. So far I've put my resume on a couple of job sites and been applying to companies in my area, but to no avail. I know I have to be patient, but I'm just looking more for something this summer to get lots of money to pay for tuition.

All your blessings would be greatly appreciated. However, don't take them from stormy. She needs them more than I do.

FyreGarnet
The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs want to smell everyone's rear and cats want every one to smell THEIR rear - unknown

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:10 am

My dear, that just is NOT true - ANYONE needing a job NEEDS the blessings! :-)
Now, I can promise I'll put you in my prayers, but honestly, I'm so frazzeled with the big "waiting game" that I doubt I can summon too much energy. I wish you the best of luck - I know how tough it can be ;)
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:54 am

Good luck on your job hunt!

Tell people you are looking too. Networking is often key.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:54 pm

You're in my prayers and the situation is on my Reiki list!!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:58 pm

You will definately have a candle lit for this. The job market is messed up enough as it is to the point where employers expect people to be slaves.
Good luck
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:00 pm

Definitely sending good vibes. I know how it is, my job pays crap too, and the customers and managers all treat you like you're their personal slave. Did I mention I hate retail? :roll:
"Love like you've never been hurt."

FyreGarnet
Level 17
Level 17

Post by FyreGarnet » Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:32 pm

I agree dear. Retail is the pits. I found a job for an admin assistant working mon-thurs from 10-2. That would be great. I could work both jobs and tell my manager at michael's that I can't work on those days during the day. I't's only 16 more hours, but at a higher pay rate, it would be nice. And any extra income would be appreciated at this point. However, if this doesn't work, I have a few more ideas.

FyreGarnet
The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs want to smell everyone's rear and cats want every one to smell THEIR rear - unknown

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:57 am

Bah...Retail....Boo and hisss

I hate retail, I started taking jobs in pharmacies and post offices because I couldn't handle the people.

I hope it works for you.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

FyreGarnet
Level 17
Level 17

Post by FyreGarnet » Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:06 pm

Well, I found an entirely different job today. I start tomorrow. Unfortunately, it's telemarketing. I'm getting more and more nervous about it. Everyone keeps saying that it's really stressful work and such. But I'm just hoping to make it through the two months before school starts.

It pays 7.50 an hour for the first five days, then 11.50 after that. The hours are from 8-2. This enables me to keep my other job, as well.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind some blessings just for good luck with the new job and such. I hope it's not more stressful than my school work. I figure it can't be too bad. But if it is, I have my other job still, and the money I make at this job is better than no job at all.

FyreGarnet

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:36 pm

You'll do great and congrats!!!

Blessings/Reiki sent :)
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:49 pm

Having worked in telemarketing, I can tell you that yes, it is very stressful IF you let it be, which can be hard NOT to do - but it IS possible. The key thing to remember is "do not take rejection personally" - the next key thing to remember is "your team leader's job is to push you as hard as he/she can and they will use all manner of tactics - again, don't take them personally - just do the very best you can".

You will continue to be in my prayers that it all works out for the best.
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

FyreGarnet
Level 17
Level 17

Post by FyreGarnet » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:50 am

So far it's going well. I didn't make one sale today. But I was only on the phone for about a half an hour. The rest of the time was training. But at least I'm working on it. And I was told that I was leaving great messages. All I seemed to get today were answering machines.

And from what I understand, they aren't the type to be mean to the employees, just to make them work harder. They are more about encouraging employees. That's good though. Because I will work so much harder for someone who is nice and encouraging. If someone starts yelling, I get upset and start crying. And the rejections aren't bad. Nothing you can do about it if they don't want what you are selling.

I'm supposed to get two sales by the end of the day tomorrow. But they said one is doing good. So I'm hoping that I can just at least make that one, and things will be better.

Thanks for all the blessings everyone. You all are so great.

FyreGarnet

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:22 am

I am glad you found something and good luck with it.

If you can be a duck you will make a great telemarketer.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:55 am

I'm glad it is going well!! You'll be great :-D
Crazy Healer Lady

FyreGarnet
Level 17
Level 17

Post by FyreGarnet » Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:11 pm

I only made one sale yesterday. I could have made a couple more, but things just didn't work out. My goal for monday is four, set by the company. So here's hoping I make four on monday.

FyreGarnet