Another Job Interview

Kinda like a prayer chain ...
Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:40 am

Yay!!!!
Party at Stormy's!!!!!! :supz: :wav:
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:01 pm

Congrats Stormy!! =D>
"Love like you've never been hurt."

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:58 pm

YA! I knew you would get it!!

Congratulations! :hug:

You certainly deserve it!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:12 pm

Well done. =D>

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:07 am

Thank you everyone - dropping in before I have to take Ken to work - have the butterflies in the stomach thing but not so bad as I thought I might. Been a long time since I had a job, let alone a job that I think I will really LIKE.
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:14 am

Well good luck and let us know how the first day goes!
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:20 pm

First day - everyone who works there is still happy and nice, there were no hidden "problems" that were hushed up during my tour. Also, today was the one day a month that the company buys Panera Bread food for everyone and has it delivered to each work cell - sandwiches, gourmet chocolate raspberry covered cakes, salads, etc. Also, they ALWAYS have, in their break rooms/kitchens on each floor - FREE coffee, tea, cappacino machines, and even individual cup coffee makers for those who want to brew special gourmet coffees that they also supply - FREE.

Found out that the reason they were able to sneak me in to keep me from going elsewhere before they had a chance to make a final decison is because one person quit for a better job (the one who's position I hope to take) and one person is on vacation for two weeks. So I have two weeks to prove to them that I am the person they want to hire.

The work is painfully simple and easy compaired to what I've done in the past - a cake walk for $10 bucks an hour ;)

I am, however, dead tired right now - not even coffee woke me up - I couldn't sleep last night much (insomnia plus first day jitters) - so if my sentences here are really screwed up, blame it on lack of the spelling cow :lol:

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:13 pm

Glad the day went well!!!

Free food? Free GOURMET food? *does the Catholic cross* The Goddess likes to play games to teach lessons, but once it is over she sure knows how to delight Her gals, doesn't She? Gourmet chocolate raspberry covered cakes??! =P~
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:07 am

I am glad the first day wern well. It is always a good sign when a company does little things for its employees.

Hopefully your nervousness goes away. Work can really suck when you are tired.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:16 am

*does happy dance*

Yep, the universe has its ways. ;)

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:54 pm

And the next day - we got donuts. And this coming Thursday they are taking everyone - including temps - via buses at 11 am to the posh local country club for an all day picnic/barby-q with volley ball, baseball, softball, etc. etc. and will get us back to work about 4 or so. The whole time is WITH PAY.

And after a whole four day week I still like the work and the people

I think I have gone to some version of heaven wilst still alive. I keep pinching myself wondering how I was so blessed by the Goddess.

But honestly, I'm not out of the woods yet - there is still the possibility of not getting put into the temp to hire position, still a possibility that even if I do I may have to go through a cycle of work/layoff/call backs for a year or more before getting hired full time (I've talked to the other used to be temps there and that is the way they usually do things). We will see how it goes.

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:12 am

Well, we havn't stopped thinking of you. It worked to get you the job, so, as allways, put your faith in the power of the library. :-D

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:39 pm

Stormy, I think I want to move there and work where you work!! I wish all employers were that nice!! Congrats again btw! :-)
"Love like you've never been hurt."