Another Job Interview

Kinda like a prayer chain ...
Stormy

Post by Stormy » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:31 am

Well, I got the call at 4:30 yesterday from the temp agency - the company canceled their order for a temp because they decided to fill the position internally. They said to wish me the best of luck. IT TOOK THEM THREE WEEKS TO FIGURE OUT THEY WERE FILLING THE POSITION INTERNALLY!!!

But... they say everything happens for a reason. Earlier in the day, the temp agency had called me to say that they had not heard back from the company yet, but that they had another position in electronics for more money, did I want them to submit my resume? I told them to go ahead, that I couldn't wait for Compunetix forever.

When the girl called back to tell me she'd gotten the word from Compunetix she seemed a bit amazed - she said "It's just so strange that I called you this morning because we had another opening." I just grinned to myself and told her "Everything happens for a reason." ;) I do believe that, which is why in my talks with the Goddess about this job I always said "I know you'll do what's best for me and all involved with this - wether I get it or not." So, perhaps Compunetix was dragging their feet so long so that this new position would open up and I'd still be available to take it. The first job was offering $7.50 an hour - this new one is for $10 and is only about another 2 miles distance.

So, let's keep our fingers crossed that this next company doesn't leave me hanging for three weeks - baby needs a new pair of shoes - or, in this case, Ken needs to finish getting his teeth fixed.
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

FyreGarnet
Level 17
Level 17
Zodiac: Aquarius

Post by FyreGarnet » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:08 pm

Wishing the best for you dear. I'm sure you'll get something great, whether it is this one, or another one. Kepp your head up. All will work out well in the end. If it doesn't, then it's not the end yet. :-D

FyreGarnet
The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs want to smell everyone's rear and cats want every one to smell THEIR rear - unknown

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:12 pm

*crosses finger until snapping sound is heard*

Good luck!
And indeed, everything DOES happen for a reason!! And it always seems that when people do as you do - tell the goddess/god that you want what they want - "the clouds open up" and the world is your oyster.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:43 pm

I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers and may the best happen.
Yep, things do happen for reasons.

Bb
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:27 am

Oh dear, I will keep you in my thoughts.

I hope it all works out and soon.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:48 am

Alrighty then - I have an interview for this new job tomorrow at 1 PM - heck, I even went and got my hair cut for this one LOL. Will let you all know how it turns out.

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:46 pm

[-o< [-o< [-o< You're in my prayers, and the situation is on my Reiki list!
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:32 pm

Good luck!
"Love like you've never been hurt."

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:52 am

Good Luck Stormy
You can do it
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:10 pm

*SIGH* - Two and a half hours worth of interviews today with this company. Everything seemed to go great. In fact, the second guy that interviewed me said "If it's left up to me you're hired." The last interview was with the BIG guy and he seemed ok too but said "We have a few more interviews over the next couple of weeks, but once they are done, we will be making a decision quickly and will let you know one way or another."

So it's back to the waiting game - and this time it will be worse because folks, I've never seen such a fantastic place to work. I watched the people coming back from lunch - on a FRIDAY - and they were ALL smiling and happy. Not one unhappy person anywhere else in the company either. And it's the cleanest manufacturing environment I've ever been in - the air quality is fresher than that in my bedroom after I've run the allergy fan all day. I REALLY WANT THIS JOB - and they WILL be hiring the temp permantly if the temp works out. I would open a vein and pour a pint of blood out if I thought it would assure me a position in this company because I liked the place AND the people so much.

And now... off to wait torturously, to go over and over everything I said wondering if I screwed up somewhere. To fear they will find out about the one job I was fired from - the only job I was fired from - the gas station job where they got rid of me for having that allergic reaction at work to pain pills that the assistant manager GAVE me because my knees hurt so bad from pulling extra hours AGAIN. I only worked there a few months but still - I worry, because I didn't mention it to them. Yes, I shall bite my nails and be a total insomniac - crocheting like a mad woman to try to relieve the stress - until I get word... [-o<

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:10 pm

Oy, I hope you get this one. :-D
Lots of luck your way. I'm doing all of my workings on the full moon and I'll add some energy your way when I do this.
:Luck: :Luck: :Luck:

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:56 pm

*offers pitcher of chamomile/catnip tea*

The waiting the waiting... I'm very much looking forward to when they say yes! Because you know they will :)

And if they don't, Great Mystery has some better plan for you :hug:
Crazy Healer Lady

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:19 pm

I hope it all works out,

you deserve something great after how patient you have been.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:55 am

:wav: :drink: :good: :smt041 :smt038 :toothy7:

I GOT THE JOB!!!!!!!!!

The big boss actually called the temp agency and said "We only have the one temp to hire position and I have several more interviews to do over the next two weeks but we REALLY like her and so I've created a position to bring her in that isn't temp to hire BUT, if she works out we will be putting her into the temp to hire position in two weeks." Sooo.... I think they didn't want to NOT interview the others "just in case" but they didn't want me to "get away" either. That's FINE BY ME! I start at 8 am tomorrow morning!

Excuse me now, while I go run around and around in circles, screaming and jumping up and down :-D

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:58 am

OH GADS, I got so excited I forgot to say:

THANKS FOLKS FOR ALL THE LOVE ON THIS ONE! :hug: