Another Job Interview

Kinda like a prayer chain ...
Stormy

Another Job Interview

Post by Stormy » Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:07 am

Folks, I REALLY REALLY want to get this job - I have an interview with the temp agency tomorrow afternoon (Friday). If the hours work this would be perfect for me - close to home, shipping/receiving clerk (which is a job I have vast experience in), decent starting pay at $7.50 hour with the potential to be hired by the company permanently at $12 to $13 an hour.

I haven't been on the boards a lot this past week because I've been so intent on finding a job (plus wasn't really feeling too good with a summer flu/cold that Ken brought home from his work). It would be absolutely fantastic if all my searching landed this job for me, so folks, ANY good vibes, thoughts, prayers, ANYTHING - I would be eternally grateful for!

We've been slowly eating away at our tax refund which is our only backup money at this point - Ken's job may be a good one but it just pays the bills with very little left over. I know we are better off than most in that respect but it would be so much better if I could get a full time job - worry over money has been really messing with my overall well-being, I'm sure just about everyone here knows how that can be!

OK, enough whining and groveling from me LOL - I'm off to fret and fuss over the interview and what to wear and checking my resume and refreshing my memory about UPS and FedEx...
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Arcanum Owl
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Arcanum Owl » Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:39 pm

:lol: Everyone seems to be asking for good blessing for good new jobs. (not on board just people whom I know)

So mote it be.
It's up to the universe now. :-)
"Project what you are and what you feel, not what you think!" - quoted from yours trully.

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:03 pm

You're on my list!! [-o<

You'll land it! You'll do great! You'll stun them in the interview!!!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:57 am

I don't need to wish you luck.

just be your confident friendly self and you will do great.

I will keep you in my thoughts.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:32 pm

Thanks all for the good vibes and well wishes - OF COURSE, I don't know if I have the job yet, since the temp agency needs to give my resume to the company and then the company will call me for a phone interview (I've never done one of those before...) but it does look good - if not for this job, the temp agency looks like it's one that will be able to get me SOMETHING. I should know by Wednesday if I have the job.

Thanks again everyone, and keep those fingers crossed for a little while longer :-D

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:18 pm

UPDATE - I had the phone interview on Monday and it seemed to go really well. Then hubby came home and told me that his one boss that he's really good buddies with used to work at the company that's hiring for 6 years, is still really good friends with the company president and sent him an email telling him I was the best thing since buttered bread.

On Tuesday he got an email back saying thanks for the heads up.

On Wednesday I got a call from the temp agency saying that "they were really impressed with you and want to do an in person interview on Monday at 9 am".

So... it would SEEM that I may have done what I often complain about - got a foot in the door because of who I know. Somehow, doesn't seem quite as bad now that I'm the one who's done it :roll: However, despite the fact that Ken seems convinced I have the job I am NOT counting my chickens before they hatch. I've been horribly disappointed a few times in the past when I did that.

Plus, of course, I'm feeling conflicted as to if the girl who interviewed me told the temp agency she was really impressed with me from my phone interview or from the fact that HER boss told her I was great...

I supposed it won't matter one way or the other if I end up getting the job as I KNOW I AM great for this job (not trying to be arrogant, just the truth in this case at least lol).

So, anyhow, here's praying that all continues to go well and that on Monday night I will be able to post to you all that I am no longer an unemployed bum :-D

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:20 pm

It's in the bag!!!

[-o<
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:30 am

well good luck on round two!
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:26 am

AARRGGGHHH!!! My interview lasted two hours today!!! I was interviewed by all three bosses I'd be working with - one at a time - Jerry, Terry and Archie. Jerry and Terry were easy, Archie was really tough - one of those that sits quietly and reads your file and lets you squirm to see if you'll get nervous. I *think* he was impressed with me, but not really sure. Dana - the girl who set up the interviews - said they will reqroup, review with each other, and she will call the temp agency with an answer some time this week.

The suspense is gonna kill me! :-?

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:03 am

Oh well keep your chin up and don't get too stressed. I am sure you did awesome.

Best luck and good wishes too you while you wait.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:10 am

8-)

I am sure you did very very well!
Crazy Healer Lady

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:50 pm

Hey, at least you got them all at once, rather than having to come back 3 seperate times! I did that once, driving all over hell's half acre (each interview was in a different location) 3 different times, only for them to decide to not hire me. Anyway, definitely keepin my fingers crossed for ya!
"Love like you've never been hurt."

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:59 pm

Let us know how things went.

Bb
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:37 pm

I've heard nothing as of yet, although I almost had heart failure on Friday because I went to the Career Link website and checked my activity log (it's where I initially applied for the job thru the temp agency) and next to the job description it said "NOT HIRED".

I was devastated because I thought things went so well and no one had even bothered to call me! I called the temp agency and had to leave a message as my agent was in a meeting. She did call back though and when I asked her about it she apologized profusely and said "Our girl who handles the web site automatically clicks on not hired for everyone because you actually are just coming in and registering with our company. As for the job itself, I have not heard anything back from them as of yet, so don't worry! Relax and have a good weekend and I'll call you as soon as I hear back from them either way."

This is just getting more and more stressful! If I don't get this job, what with me having an "inside man" AND having had a really good interview AND having had them initially tell the agency that they were very impressed with me (hence the in person interviews) - well, I do believe I will definitely be feeling like a piece of total worthless and unemployable crap.

FyreGarnet
Level 17
Level 17
Zodiac: Aquarius

Post by FyreGarnet » Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:28 pm

I'm sure everything will be alright dear. Just be patient.

FyreGarnet
The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs want to smell everyone's rear and cats want every one to smell THEIR rear - unknown