Silly of me...but...

Kinda like a prayer chain ...
Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Silly of me...but...

Post by Kystar » Sat May 27, 2006 3:07 am

...I need some positive vibes sent my way for a number of reasons.

1st: Family issues that are too sensitive to post (and if you could float some to my sisters...I'd be much obliged.)

2nd: Wedding planning. My wedding is in early November and the planning is starting to shift into the next phase, so things are starting to become stressful.

3rd: Work. I started a new job in January, after someone went on Medical leave. The lady who left for med leave learned yesterday that there most likely won't be a full-time position available for her to return to, and she'll have to settle for part-time. Since she was under the impression that she had senority and I would get shifted to PT, she's been rather cold to me recently. I need to be able to focus and balance my irritable temper, so I don't do something stupid and risk my position there.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sat May 27, 2006 6:05 am

Thinking of you. ;)

Let me know what you think. But would this not be one for "Blessings board"?

Drop me a P.M. It's up to you.

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat May 27, 2006 9:06 am

You're on my list [-o<

Hugs and blessings to you and yours!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Sat May 27, 2006 10:35 am

Oh dear, blessings for stress, I can feel the wedding stress and for the new job.

Breathe and smile and you will do awesome.

As for your family, you are in my thoughts.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Sat May 27, 2006 6:34 pm

You will recieve energy and my prayers. Best of luck with the wedding stuff.
On a side note:
It does seem if though this other woman has gotten shafted and she *should* have senority over you. However, companies do this and penalize people for not being robots and needing medical care.
Why you'd be losing your temper towards her...I do not understand. Perhaps she is being bitter (and should be bitter based upon the limited info given here). I would not blame her for being cold towards you even though it is not your direct fault.
Perhaps we here should send some energy her way as well? Maybe a ritual to ease her bitterness and not target it at you?
Word for thought: If your employer will shaft her then it (employer) will have no qualms about shafting you either.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Sun May 28, 2006 12:01 pm

Ragnar wrote:But would this not be one for "Blessings board"?
You better believe it :-D

Thinking of you hun, and hope you make it through your troubled times. :hug:
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sun May 28, 2006 12:22 pm

I was going to do that. :cry:

Hmmpfff. [-( ( :-D ).

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Mon May 29, 2006 5:07 am

Oops, I was half asleep while I wrote that.

Well, technically, she would have senority, if she hadn't been having non-medical issues with the workload before the medical issues came up. This was discussed before she left, and she was told that they would have to "wait and see what the best solution for the office and all concerned was."

She's been very irritatingly superiour, since she came back for pt, correcting everything I"m doing even though I've been on the job for four months and have only made minor errors accourding to my supervisior. She's been trying to put down the re-organization that my supervisor and I have worked out to make things more effiecent, and has been saying..."well, we never did things THAT way before, why do them that way now?" Sorry, online ordering is faster than a catalog and a phone system, for one.

And I never said my temper made any logical sense...I ment to say that if she was going to take her irritation with the boss out on me, she's going to spark my bad side...which isn't good. I LIKE the woman, I just don't like her trying to run my work life b/c she used to do that job. It's not my fault that I'm more effiecent. I'm more comfortable with computers and I've been a temp so long that the urge to do 10% better than you really have to is stuck. She told me during training "Don't be too good or they'll always pile more on you...do what you have to do as slowly as you can"

I can't stand that attitude. Do what you're assigned to do to the best of your abilities as quickly as you can, so you don't allow other tasks to pile up around you!

Oh well...sorry...rant over!
Thanks for the good wishes guys!
:D

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Mon May 29, 2006 5:51 am

Kystar wrote: she would have senority, if she hadn't been having non-medical issues with the workload before the medical issues came up. This was discussed before she left, and she was told that they would have to "wait and see what the best solution for the office and all concerned was."

I LIKE the woman, I just don't like her trying to run my work life b/c she used to do that job. It's not my fault that I'm more effiecent. I'm more comfortable with computers and I've been a temp so long that the urge to do 10% better than you really have to is stuck.
Tell her that. She sounds like she is going to be a pain in the butt any way, so you are not loosing anything. :-D

If she complains, it does not sound llike she will get much sympathy from the boss, as she allready seems to be on the way out for inneficiency.

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Mon May 29, 2006 7:40 am

Ok, I understand now. I thought it was the company penalizing her for sick leave.....I've seen companies do this even though they are not to do this. It is her own downfall.
Yeah, Ragnar is right....I'd calmly take her aside and tell her what is what.
Still I feel that some energy work to ease her bitterness might be in order? :-?
I do not know if you are fond of mint tea (either iced or hot) but, you could quickly enchant it to sooth your temper

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Mon May 29, 2006 9:45 am

Mint tea is okay...just not my favorite

I have a meditation I can do on short notice that helps control my anger.

Yes, energy to help her bitterness and her recovery would be good.

I know that companies have penalized ppl in the past for getting sick...but really, it's a small, privately owned office. They don't like to waste resources, including good people...but she's really not suited for data entry/clerical. she'd do better as a receptionist/scheduler. I think she'd be happier w/out deadlines too.

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:56 am

Just wanted you to know I did read this when you first put it up, but hadn't the time to reply - you are in my thoughts though and I hope all works out for the best. It can be so hard when you have to deal with someone like her at work! Add your other worries on top and you've got a formula for stress. Maybe a wee bit of pampering of yourself is in order here ;)
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:03 pm

WOOT! Well, I found out today that there is a possible solution. My supervisor told me that she convinced the boss to keep the other girl full-time...and they're shifting duties around...so I will lose the crap work that I HATE, and she gets FT pay, so cool. Unfortunately, I'm still stuck at the front desk b/c the sup doesn't trust leaving her and the other lady who was there with her alone b/c they sometimes spend more time gabbing than working.

BUT, I'm not on full receptionist duty, so it's all cool!

Family situation is stable...and wedding is in another holding pattern until July...so I'm good.

Thanks for everyone's help!

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:38 pm

Glad to hear it!!!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:58 am

Yay, I am glad it is going well!
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)