Broken heart

Kinda like a prayer chain ...
FyreGarnet
Level 17
Level 17
Zodiac: Aquarius

Broken heart

Post by FyreGarnet » Thu May 11, 2006 9:36 pm

It looks like my fiance and I are breaking up. We keep getting into arguments and snapping at each other. It's just not working out. But now I feel like I'm losing my best friend. I just want to crawl into his arms and cry, but I can't.
The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs want to smell everyone's rear and cats want every one to smell THEIR rear - unknown

scoia
Level 7
Level 7

Post by scoia » Thu May 11, 2006 9:51 pm

I'm sorry to hear that, loosing someone so close to you is incredibly painful.

However, you are still together, and you could still work things out. It may be that you're both under pressure, or even a bit freaked out about making that kind of commitment to each other. I don't know anything about your situation, but don't give up without a fight if you really love your partner.

Hope things work out for the best.
First they ignore you.
Then they laught at you.
Then they fight you.
Then you win.
--Ghandi

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Thu May 11, 2006 10:44 pm

Awe honey. Thats so sad. We're all here for you at any time you feel you need to talk. I will send much love, energy and blessings your way.

:hug:
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri May 12, 2006 12:28 am

Aw hun...

I am so sorry to hear this. Maybe Scoia is right and it's pre-comittment jitters. If you need to rant or anything PM me, and I am sure, like White_Harmony, many are willing to put up the same offer.

:hug:

Reiki your way
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Fri May 12, 2006 2:47 am

Sorry to hear that.

I think, though, that it is better to find out, and iron out, any problems now. With my last Wife, we had bee married five years before this kind of thing started to happen.

Hope you get things sorted.

If not, the hurt does not last for ever. ;)

FyreGarnet
Level 17
Level 17

Post by FyreGarnet » Fri May 12, 2006 8:48 am

Well, he's already made plans to move out with one of his friends. We just want different things in our partners, it seems. I want some one to be with me constantly, and he wants to go out all the time. We have two different worlds and two different views. I'd love to stay with him, but we fight all the time, and it's not healthy. I begin to say nasty things about him when he's not around, for the pure fact that I get infuriated at things he does.

I know the hurt won't last forever. But, I'm just feeling weird and lonely now. And you are all my family here. I told you when I got engaged, and now I'm telling you we don't seem to be able to make it work.

The worst part is my mom keeps telling me that she knew it wouldn't work anyway. I wish she'd just be nice enough to just say, it will be ok, and leave it at that.

FyreGarnet
The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs want to smell everyone's rear and cats want every one to smell THEIR rear - unknown

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Fri May 12, 2006 8:58 am

So sorry to hear that dear, but, as Ragnar said, it's best to find out you can't live with each other now. I actually think you are smart and strong to be able to look at the relationship and say "this isn't going to work, time to let go" - so many people become "addicted" to a relationship or a person and are unwilling to let go even when maintaining the relationship brings nothing but pain and suffering. So, in that light, I applaud you =D>
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Fri May 12, 2006 9:12 am

Well, as has been said, we are here for you.

I know damn well in this kind of situation it is difficult to ever think past it, and no matter what any one says, the deep feeling is "They do not really understand". I've been there. Even your BEST friend in all the world somehow "does not understand". Sometimes you just want to hide under the table and make the world go away.

It's tough. But it is a lesson to be endured and learned.

You WILL come out of it even MORE of a better person than you are allready. 8-)

I do not know your personal tradition. But I founf that the Norse Frigga helped IMMENSELY. She being the Mother of the Gods/esses. The one that kisses it better and puts the bandage on. ;)

May be a bit of meditation on her may help.

EAT properly and SLEEP as much as you can. That is also important at these times.

I have the image of your Avatare in my mind. So I will do a bit of sending tonight. ;)

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri May 12, 2006 10:22 am

I just want to send you more of these: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Take lots of hot baths, or whatever you need to pamper yourself.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Fri May 12, 2006 2:15 pm

Crazy Healer Lady wrote:I just want to send you more of these: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Take lots of hot baths, or whatever you need to pamper yourself.
Wine, chocolate, cake ... whatever takes your fancy. And if I actually lived in the same country as you, let alone the same town, I would drive that stuff, and a bunch of girls movies over to your place, so you can have a good cry and a good laugh, and lots and lots hugs.
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

FyreGarnet
Level 17
Level 17

Post by FyreGarnet » Fri May 12, 2006 8:46 pm

Thanks guys. I just have not felt pain like this since my cat died. I was very much prepared to marry him. And originally when we were fighting so much, I just figured that it was cuz we were getting used to living with each other. There are a lot of things that change when you start living with someone. It's not like the usual family where you just live with each other for your whole life. It's adding a whole new person into your life.

But hopefully something will work out, one way or another soon, so it doesn't hurt so much, and am crying at the drop of a hat.

FyreGarnet

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Sat May 13, 2006 5:21 pm

I have been to this place before. :cry: l think we all have.
Many hugs to you.
Tonight still has the energy of the full moon.....a time of endings. Perhaps use this energy to your benefit. Also, maybe use some earth energy.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

majickalman
Level 2
Level 2

Post by majickalman » Sun May 14, 2006 4:54 am

I have been to this place before. l think we all have.
Yes, and unfortunately some of us still are there :-(
I definitely agree that it is good to get it taken care of now because it only gets worse and after 10 years or so of it, one can really be in a bad way, especially if children are involved. So although it hurts now, you are most definitely better off with the pain now rather than later. A little pain now is much better than lots prolonged, and then having to deal with making a horrible choice and still having the "breakup" pain after time and kids :cry: Just be strong and you'll get through it just fine and better days will come. and who knows, maybe someday, you'll find that someone who can be your best friend and compatible as well :-D Hold your head up!
An It Harm None,
Do What Ye Will.

scoia
Level 7
Level 7

Post by scoia » Sun May 14, 2006 4:50 pm

Blessings and strength.

There's nothing you can really say to make things better, but things change, new people are found, and sometimes you find more of yourself after things like this, even thought they're so very hard. *wishes much chocolate on you*
First they ignore you.
Then they laught at you.
Then they fight you.
Then you win.
--Ghandi

FyreGarnet
Level 17
Level 17

Post by FyreGarnet » Mon May 15, 2006 9:00 am

Thank you all. Things are already getting better. Even though I deeply miss him, I'm not crying as much as I was. At least he is still in the same city, and I'd still like to go and do things with him occassionally.

Though my mom isn't really helping things much. She just keeps telling me that she knew it wouldn't work out. I feel somewhat like she hates him, and I hate that. He's a really good guy, we just can't live together, apparently. And I still plan on being friends with him. If she is going to be like this with every guy I meet, I'm not going to bring them home anymore.

FyreGarnet