Graduation

Kinda like a prayer chain ...
Rockhopper
Level 2
Level 2

Graduation

Post by Rockhopper » Thu May 04, 2006 9:14 am

It's not normal for me to ask for help, but I really need to graduate... it all came down to a test I just finished taking, and I bombed it with flying colors... the material I studied for 4 days, ended up being on only the last page. I'm terrified I'm going to fail. Anything at this point will be greatly appreciated...
Avatar is Feathers McGraw, from Wallace and Gromit's The Wrong Trousers... I love that movie :)

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Thu May 04, 2006 9:24 am

blessings your way. Have you gone to talk to y our teacher? They usually appreciate if you come to them before the marks are due. Just explain your situation, the worst they can do is leave you in the situation you are already in.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Thu May 04, 2006 10:04 am

Blessings and positive thoughts coming your way [-o<
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu May 04, 2006 5:08 pm

[-o< Good luck, mon ami!

Blessings your way a'comin'.

Remember... During the test, have all your supplies: Water, hard candies (nothing you need to chew), sharpened pencils and pens... Eat lots of sugar beforehand. All this really helps.

Like Willow said, talk with your teachers. That's what they are there for. Good people with lots of wisdom to pass on. They don't want to see you fail. [-o<
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Rockhopper
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Rockhopper » Fri May 05, 2006 5:21 am

Thanks everyone. I'm feeling a lot better and can now think straight about my situation. Hopefully, my lab work will be enough to pull my grade up to a D.
Avatar is Feathers McGraw, from Wallace and Gromit's The Wrong Trousers... I love that movie :)

Rockhopper
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Rockhopper » Wed May 10, 2006 3:02 pm

Good news! I have not been notified of any failing grades, so I'm getting my bachelor's degree this Saturday. :-D

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed May 10, 2006 11:33 pm

To quote the Texans: YEEHAW! *snickers*

Congrats!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Thu May 11, 2006 6:50 am

Doing the Happy Pixie Dance for ya! :-D
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Thu May 11, 2006 10:54 am

Well done. I will send you some fish. :-D

What's the degree in by the way? If you have told us before, I apologise. I have a brain like a sieve. :-?

Rockhopper
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Rockhopper » Thu May 11, 2006 5:07 pm

I don't think I've mentioned it before, but it's a Wildlife degree. There are so many things that I'd really like to do with it, be a birder and naturalist, but most all of them are summer seasonals. So I think my best shot is teaching, and I'm thinking of ::wince:: middle school science - intro to biology. But that age group is going to be hell.

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Thu May 11, 2006 6:32 pm

I can't do teaching, because I'd only want to teach those who want to learn what I'm teaching. I can't stand those who don't want to learn, even if they don't much like the subject.

But teaching was going to be my profession for a while there. I admire you for even considering it.

=D> =D> =D>
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Thu May 11, 2006 11:02 pm

I guess I could do teaching, if they reinstegated the horse whip for the darling little B******'s.

Other than that I just have not got the patience to deal with the cabbage brained idiots they are producing and labeling as "children" these days.

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Mon May 15, 2006 6:46 am

wildlife? That is so cool, I am slowly being taken over by a birdwatcher, it is like a split personality.

So, is the states like Canada where you have to go do teachers college now?

And don't worry about teaching middle school, that is my favourite age group to work with. It is when the potential is just starting to blossom, you have so much responsibility. Sure adolescent angst and emo kids can be frustrating, but as long as you remember what your teenage years were like, you can usually sympathize.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Rockhopper
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Rockhopper » Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:41 pm

I know that it's been a while since I've posted, but I just wanted to thank you all for the positive thoughts, I now (proudly) hold a Bachelor's of Science in Wildlife :-D I'll upload some pictures of the ceremony, if I ever get them. *sigh, it's my graduation and I have no pictures to show for it, hehe.

Willow, I can go back to college and get a Masters in Education, or I could just go for the teachers certificate, and the requirements are different in each state. And I actually tutored some Middle school kids this summer during summer school, though, it was more teaching than tutoring and it was so much fun. I was nervous about that age group, but they seemed to really like me. So there's still hope.

Again, thanks :)