Great, by the way. ;)

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:25 am

Congrats!!

*Falls to knees and worships the Library*
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Wed May 03, 2006 5:32 pm

OK so stress level through he ceiling ....

First my prof asked me to drive three hours back to the school to meet with her, unfortunately a relative died and she couldn't come, but I was already there when I got the e-mail....not her fault but.....

I get to the school and the secretary LAYS into me about my marking. One student is in a weird program and their marks are due before everyone elses. Their mark is Due on the second. The only names I have been given are due on the fifth. So I ask for the name of this student so I can fond their paper and give the secretary the mark.

She says" I already sent it" and then goes into a long lecture about me needing to be organized and how I am irresponsible and a long list of other things and the whole collapse of the school and world is my fault. Everything I said to calm her down didn't work. The fact is the prof types 5 instead of 2 in the email so I was working under the assumption of a different due date. I tried to explain the miscommunication but I don't want to get my professor in trouble, so I just wound up saying, listen I was told the 5th is the due date,c an you give me the name of the student due on the second so I can see if they are the same persona and we just typed something in wrong. This got her even more mad because apparently I was accusing her of a mistake. fortunately the head of the department walked in and kicked me out and tried to calm down the secretary.

Anyway, it was simple miscommunication. I sent in the mark and all is well, but she used that as a platform to harass everyone else in the department about marks so now the two profs I owe papers too are breathing down my neck. I just don't know how I am going to finish two papers in two weeks.

Anyway, I hope things have calmed down for the secretary, I know people above her are breathing down her neck and it was just kick the dog syndrome and I hope we can mend the relationship. But I don't know what to d about his..."I already told you syndrome." I mean you are a secretary, people ask you questions....get used to it. I am a TA, I mark paper and answer e-mails. Sure kids tick me off sometimes but it is my job..

OK, that is my rant done, anyway I just need some positive thoughts. I might be posting my essay topic somewhere for advice, I have to write a paper on authenticity which is way more philosphical than I am used too, not sure how to to start but I have to give it a try.

Thanks everyone
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed May 03, 2006 5:46 pm

:hug:

Those secretaries, I tells ya.

I've had nothing but bad experiences, except at one of the branches of a college I used to go to (it was very tiny).

I was one myself for a while. I was nice :-) even to the DVA clients that screamed at me for their schedule which they agreed to. :roll:

Positive thoughts: Get your SO to give you massages. Drink some chamomile tea, and put some chamomile tea in an oil burner. It will all be over soon. Relax, mon ami. Deep breaths. Try not to strangle your students. Put your fingertips together in front of your solar plexus when you need help for ideas for your papers. (I am studying hand mudras ^_^) It works, incredibly.

And... And it will all be over soon. *pets*
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Wed May 03, 2006 6:03 pm

Sheesh! I'm thinking that the secretary is lucky you are an understanding person who looks at the bigger picture (she has people on her butt too) instead of just the immediate moment. But reguardless, it's a tough thing to handle on top of all the rest of this. Positive thoughts and energy coming your way (still).
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Thu May 04, 2006 9:19 am

thanks guys. All my marking is done, I am just finishing up my proposal today so I can get on to those papers.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Wed May 10, 2006 12:56 pm

New Update.

I just finished one more paper WHOOT! Hurray, Yay and all the rest. :partyman:

Marks were all approved so that is out of my hair.:supz:

However, I have one more paper to write, and I am pretty scared. It is a philosophy paper (One of my worst subjects) about authenticity in post modern ritual (fancy words for, is it real religion when people borrow and make stuff up). However, after that it is :brave:

But it is due next Friday so until then it will be little sleep and lots of :coffee:

Wish me luck and be sure to post lots so I can take a brain break and read about other people's crazy lives once in a while.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed May 10, 2006 1:25 pm

YAY! One more paper, man! ONE MORE! You'll do great.

You must have a huge celebration once everything is done. *teleports over with real food and appetizers*
Crazy Healer Lady

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Thu May 11, 2006 4:09 am

I'm sure you will do fine.....one down and another to go.

Yeah, the writing lab depends on the Uni. At OSU sometimes profs will volunteer at the Writing lab. Perhaps this is out of the ordinary?
I never used the writing lab when I was a BGSU but, I really do not think they had one at that time.
I've always done most of my work at coffee shops and would have someone who is willing at random to read whatever I was writing :lol: Yep, its a strange system and it somehow worked for me.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Thu May 11, 2006 11:00 am

Aye. Do a REAL brainstormin' whack it to em top grade paper. Put it in, take 36 hours R+R, and then come and let us know how it went. ;)

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Thu May 11, 2006 6:27 pm

Keep it up, you're so close you can taste it.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews