work and stuff

Kinda like a prayer chain ...
FyreGarnet
Level 17
Level 17
Zodiac: Aquarius

work and stuff

Post by FyreGarnet » Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:20 pm

Things have been getting very bad lately. The managers at work are getting very nasty about things, and rules are being enforced times a hundred. It seems like I might get fired at any moment, for doing something stupid.

The problem is, I haven't had time to go out and seriously job hunt. I pick up an application, but I don't have time to fill it out or turn it in. I have a test at least once a week, and I have labs that are constantly due. That doesn't include working at least 20 hours a week, and taking 16 credits where 12 is considered full time. Or that I've put the handfasting stuff on the back burner until I have some time to think about it, and I have a belly dance performance in April. And I'm not willing to give up the belly dancing.

So, yeah, I could use some helpful wishes here. I don't know how much more I can survive all this. I'm at the point of tears all the time anymore.

FyreGarnet
The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs want to smell everyone's rear and cats want every one to smell THEIR rear - unknown

forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Post by forgotten oceans » Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:01 pm

You have my blessings Fyre! Head up and remember even in the worst of times you still have friends! :-D The very best of luck on your performance! You're in my prayers! [-o< =P~ [-o<
Maybe now you're starting to understand that while I may have been born predispositioned to be pretty batty, my parents saw to it that it was a certainty and completely unavoidable. -Me

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:15 am

Here is the thing and you are not going to like it: You may just have to give something up. :-(
Sure it sucks but, eventually something is going to give.

Anyway: Positive energy goes out to you so that you can pick the best course of action.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:09 am

Blessings, my dear!!!

Long, deep breaths. Hot baths.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:34 pm

I would recommend like Lotus saying, giving something up. Otherwise you may eventually crash and burn, in ALL areas, and when that happens...it's not pretty. My thoughts are with you though, and I hope it all works out.
"Love like you've never been hurt."

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:45 pm

My blessings and thoughts are with you sweetie.

Take care. Find 5 mins to relax and take a deep breath, and as CHL recommended a nice hot bath! A long one when possible! We know you are a strong person, and will pull through just fine at the end of it, but until the throubled times have passed, remember we're all thinking of you and we're all here for you.

Good luck sweetie.
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:38 am

Blessings and all the best to you, but I do agree, you may need to trim your schedule a bit, even if just for a little while to let yourself get back together.
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

FyreGarnet
Level 17
Level 17

Post by FyreGarnet » Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:34 am

See, my problem is I can't give anything up, except the belly dancing. And I won't do that because it is the only positive thing in my life right now. The rest of the time is spent working or doing things related to school, like homework or actually going to classes.

But, I think the biggest problem is work. Things are changing for the worse there. They gave me a job, then took it back. Now I have to do the old job, plus parts of that second one that they took back, until they can find some one to fill the position. And I got yelled at on Sunday for what I consider a minor thing, and considering I was never told about the issues related to this. If I'd been told, I wouldn't have had a problem obeying rules and such. But how can I do something right if I'm not told.

And to top it all off, the fiance is stressing me out more and more. He's complaining that every time we talk, I'm always down about myself. WELL, I'M NOT HAPPY AT WORK! And then he tells me not to worry so much about it. Like that's an option. If I quit working, I can't pay for school. If I quit school, I'll never get out of working in stupid jobs like these. I'm also one of those people that really does try my best, and I beat myself up a bit when things don't come out the way I'd planned. It makes me try harder the next time. It's my personality. So even though it's a stupid job, and I want to tell them all to shove it, I don't have another one to fall back on, and until then, I just keep my mouth shut.

Sorry for really ranting here, but I don't feel like there is anyone else I can talk to, so it comes out here in my little pagan family.

And by the way, I may not respond to everyone who asks for blessings, but I want all of you to know that you are in my thoughts and best wishes are always sent to you.

FyreGarnet
The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs want to smell everyone's rear and cats want every one to smell THEIR rear - unknown

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:19 am

Fyre,
where are you studying? There may be a student service to help you organize things so you have a little more free time. Also, I can tell you from experience that school goes in waves of busy and not busy.

Stay with the Belly dancing, I am assuming you need something positive and the exercise will help.

I can offer you blessings, but if you are also interested I will be glad to read over your work for you. I am pretty much a professional reader now so I am quite good an editing. If it would help, feel free to take me up on it (pm me).

Good luck to you hun!
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

FyreGarnet
Level 17
Level 17

Post by FyreGarnet » Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:26 pm

Thank you willow, but most of my problem is tests in school. I had one Monday and then another on Wednesday. Both I failed, because I can't remember much anymore, and I had little time this weekend to study. I worked on Friday and all day Saturday and Sunday. And as I said, at work, the drama is getting worse, and when I get home from work, whatever time it is, I'm just exhausted.

Oh, and as for help from the school, all the tutors are there during the day when I have classes or work. None of them are available at ten or twelve at night, lol, when I'm able to study. And when I talk to people at the school, they tell me that I should just quit my job. I'm sure their mommies and daddies are paying for all of their school, or they have loans. My parents aren't paying for school, and they won't let me get loans. They pay for my rent and if I get loans, they won't pay for that. So I'm just trying my best to stay afloat.

And thank you all so much for the extra best wishes and such. I'm feeling better today. Oh, and one of those exams I failed, it turns out a lot of other people did, so the teacher is giving a second one, and giving us the better of the two grades.

FyreGarnet

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:54 pm

FyreGarnet wrote:My parents aren't paying for school, and they won't let me get loans. They pay for my rent and if I get loans, they won't pay for that.
That doesn't make any sense to me :-k Why won't they let you get a loan? It will be YOUR loan and YOUR responsibility. It doesn't make any sense to be willing to pay your rent so you can go to school if they are going to make you pay for all the school yourself and the job(s) you have to have to do that make you end up failing. No offense intended, but do your parents perhaps have some strange reason they would want to set you up to fail because it seems that is exactly what they are doing.

Student loans are there for a reason, you are finding out first hand what one of the biggest one's is - you can't concentrate on getting an education if you have to concentrate on getting the money to get it.
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:21 pm

Yeah, I really see what Stormy is saying. It really really does not make any logical sense why they would not let you get a loan.
You cannot continue to do this in this way.
I do not know your parents but would it help for you to sit down with them and explain. They need to be dropped back down to reality here.
Oh, btw: There are loans available where you pay for college/books/food/housing but, you'd have to live on campus. Not really a bad choice if you have somewhere to go during the breaks. Many students just work in the summer.
I do not want to be rude either but, I will have to second Stormy since it does seem like they are setting you up to fail.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

FyreGarnet
Level 17
Level 17

Post by FyreGarnet » Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:43 am

Well, it's the fact that they don't want me starting my life in debt. So far it's been working. But this semester work has been super stressful because of new management. School has been super stressful because I can't seem to remember things, and I have to be to school by 8 in the morning, and that is really tough for me.

I have to finish this semester, then I have a year left. So pretty much, I need to get through this time. I've slept a bit more lately, cuz I got a bit caught up on the homework, and I am getting fewer hours a week at work. Another stress. The new assistant manager keeps hiring new people. We barely have enough hours for the people who already work there, and she keeps hiring more people. Everyone is complaining about the lack of hours. Most of the night crew type workers get six hours a week or less. And they are students trying to pay for school like I am. Because I'm a supervisor, or glorified cashier as I call it, I get at least 15 or so. This week its 19. So things are just getting worse and worse there.

So, right now, instead of you sending your energy to me, as I'm doing better, can you send it to all of them? They need to pay for things too. They are all beginning to search for other jobs, so at the least, I hope they find something that will give them the hours they need and the pay that they wish.

FyreGarnet

Twinblade Tel'Morier
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Twinblade Tel'Morier » Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:10 am

I will send you any energy I can spare...I understand how stressful school and work can be to juggle, and your subject is harder than mine! Good luck through the rest of your classes and better luck on the work situation! And good luck on your engagement! I wish you the best!
"Death comes for us all. You can only choose how to face it when it comes."-Robert Jordan

"I just have not got the patience to deal with the cabbage brained idiots they are producing and labeling as "children" these days."-Ragnar

FyreGarnet
Level 17
Level 17

Post by FyreGarnet » Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:54 pm

ok, I'm back once again. Spring break is almost here. Thank the deities, do a dance, all that sorta stuff. School is getting better, except for a couple of classes. It turns out that I'm not the only one having problems with this teacher. Today one of the girls in lab was crying because of him.

He is going to get failing grades on his survey that students do at the end of each semester.

Work is still pretty much the same. I tried to transfer to another store, but my boss won't let me. He said we are too short staffed. Gee, I wonder why.

But thanks for all of your support.

Hugs.

FyreGarnet