Burnout

Kinda like a prayer chain ...
morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:36 am

Willow, that's crazy! I personally look HORRIBLE in white because I am VERY pale, so I will not be caught dead in a "traditional" white wedding dress. Green is a beautiful color, I myself might do a jewel-tone blue dress. So tell them it's your wedding and you'll wear what you want!
"Love like you've never been hurt."

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:53 am

Mmmmm green wedding dress...
I found myself dreaming this morning of my wedding cake >_____<
I pictured it white with lots of green icing leaves and ravens and faeries sort of dancing along the layers. *sigh* Outside on Mayday.

Why must I start pining for weddings THIS late in my life! I'm not used to it! I don't know how to deal with it like everyone else who started from childhood!!! :lol:
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:40 pm

I'm facing the countdown to my wedding and can't even decide on some things. Sigh. GOtta get in touch with someone to officiate. Growl. Excuse me, gotta go find my to-do list.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Post by forgotten oceans » Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:54 pm

You have my blessings Willow! And atleast you're wearing a dress, I'm wearing blue jeans and a tanktop to mine with no cake, just sushi. No champagne, vodka! And if his mother throws a fit I will promptly remind her that when she and I marry, then her opinions will be valid, but till then, she can shut the h**l up!

CHL, we have similar problems, lately Reo and I have been hanging out with friends that have small children and Reo's caught a bad case of the ticks, you know, the clock ticks. So now he's got me thinking about future junk that has never crossed my mind till now. Where most girls were playing house with barbie, I was building forts in the woods, so my desire for kids goes as far as "Sure Sweetheart, I'd love a baby goat." I'm not sure how everyone else deals with stuff like this, but I just eat a cup cake, take a shot of vodka and then paint my nails till I forget about it. lol :lol: I know it sounds shallow, but I'll deal with it when I'm better prepared for children, I'm hoping that will be around the same time I hit 24 or 25. Ok, I'm gonna go apply that second coat of paint to my nails, Many blessings!
Maybe now you're starting to understand that while I may have been born predispositioned to be pretty batty, my parents saw to it that it was a certainty and completely unavoidable. -Me

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:10 pm

Forgotten Oceans, I can relate to the forts in the woods!! That was me. I had a million, and one of them was in the bramble bushes. No thoughts of kids, no thoughts of weddings, no men, no love, just forest and adventure.

Until I met my last man three and a half years ago. Damn him and his ability to make me want marriage and kids and domesticism!! gah. And having this cute little child around me 24/7 doesn't help, especially when she has scottish braids in her hair and is pulling my around by my pockets and trying to spin me. Gods, she is 38 inches tall now!!! *cries*

Okay... back to Willow... :lol: I've had my moment!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:14 am

You guys can talk about yourselves all you like, There is no reason the blessings board can't be group therapy.

I built forts too, and climbed trees and I don think there is anything wrong with wanting kids,it is just the next part of life really.

Fortunately, the wedding dress is my decision, I just wish I wasn't a Libra and could actually tell people where to go. :)
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Post by forgotten oceans » Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:28 am

Willow, I don't advise burning bridges, but one can't destroy what isn't there. I lucked out in that Reo's mother will never like me and that she couldn't hate me any more then she already does, so I could tell her I was in the mafia and it wouldn't matter. Vise versa, I could tell her I was a billionaire and still it would be the same.

If you plan on kids though, just remember that they will want to spend time at 'Grandmas' but that doesn't mean you should just take her crap and smile...unless you spit in her coffee....Did you spit in her coffee? ;)

Willow remember, it's you and your SO's day, live it up! Also, those photos will follow you around forever, be sure you like them! You might forget them one day and then at 72 find them in an old shoe box in the top of the closet then spend the next 3 hours reminiscing. Make you proud. Give you something to remember.

As always, you have my blessings! :-D
Maybe now you're starting to understand that while I may have been born predispositioned to be pretty batty, my parents saw to it that it was a certainty and completely unavoidable. -Me