I hate to ask but this is serious

Kinda like a prayer chain ...
Stormy

I hate to ask but this is serious

Post by Stormy » Sun Jan 01, 2006 5:18 pm

OK, it's sort of gross too but it could be a HUGE HUGE problem and we don't have ANY money as we've been going from paycheck to paycheck and are in debt up to our ears on the CC and it seems the house may be "biting" us again...

The toilet started backing up about two weeks ago and it's slowly gotten worse but we've made all sorts of excuses for it, however, tonight I checked the drain in the basement that goes from the soil stack to the garage drain and there apparently hasn't been any water going thru it for a good while as it was COMPLETELY dry at the bottom and filled with debris of the stones, soil and pieces of terra cotta pipe variety :cry: I think the drain under the basement floor that runs from the base of the soil stack to where I can look down into the drain has collapsed. The BIG question is "where is all the water going to?" which is the even scarier question since we ARE in an area where there are mines (we have mine insurance but it only covers the house itself if it collapses) and there WAS a subsidence only a few hundred yards down the street from us...

I am so upset and scared right now because I don't know how we will ever pay for it - I know our home warrenty will find a way out of it, that's their job it seems - and we can't pay for it. Ken is so furious he was screaming about how crappy the whole day has been and went to bed screaming.

I could sure use ANY help that anyone can give so far as prayers, hopes and energy is concerned. The financial part is nothing compaired to what will happen if we've had a sink hole start to open up under the house...

I so scared, worried and upset right now I feel like I'm going to throw up.
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

runewulf
Zodiac: Scorpio

Post by runewulf » Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:43 pm

you're in my thoughts, cher :hug:
http://cajungypsy.blogspot.com

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:57 pm

Sending some good thoughts your way, I know how it is to be insanely short on cash when you need it the most. :hug:
"Love like you've never been hurt."

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:04 pm

You are in my blessings!!!

Yikes

I hope it works out...

Lottery tickets??? [-o<

Deep breaths. It will work out. Faith! I'm so sorry for all the troubles you are having lately. :hug:
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Post by forgotten oceans » Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:33 am

Big blessings Stormy, I know how it is to get screwed by "the man". I hope everything works out, you're in my thoughts! [-o<
Maybe now you're starting to understand that while I may have been born predispositioned to be pretty batty, my parents saw to it that it was a certainty and completely unavoidable. -Me

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:53 pm

Blessings to you, I wish I could help in some way.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:56 pm

Thank you everyone for the blessings, but it seems I should have been asking for blessings to help with STUPIDITY :roll: The following information may be a bit "too much" for some, so you are warned, read at your own risk.

OK, now I know NOTHING about plumbing - Ken, on the other hand BUILT HOUSES FOR MANY MANY YEARS FROM THE GROUND UP. But instead of being willing to go look for himself, he took my word for what I was saying and assumed I KNEW what I was talking about...

...when I FINALLY got him to calm down and REALLY listen to me rather than freak out thinking nothing but "mine subsidence", well, it's a bit embarrassing to say the least - though I'm not sure who it's more embarrassing for, me or him. I myself vote for him, especially since he freaked out for two days, wouldn't calm down enough to really listen to me until the second day, and was storming around waving his arms screaming "that's it, we're selling this house, I'm not dumping anymore money into it, the problem with the mine subsidence will never go away, yadda, yadda, yadda, boo hoo, boo hoo".

To make a long story short - the debris was simply from the terribly rusted collar at the top of the drain, mixed with bits of cement that broke off with the rust. The bottom of the drain is SUPPOSED to be dry - it only backs up and fills with water if there is a problem - the pipe from the soil stack connects about 6 inches DOWN from the drain opening that I was looking into. Ken was laughing his butt off at me because I was "so stupid I thought the turds where supposed to float by under the drain" - well, excuse me, I am NOT A PLUMBER - HUMPF! #-o So that's the embarrassing part for me - mis-interpreting what was going on.

Now, for Ken's embarrassing part - the toilet kept backing up because he kept plugging it up :lol: He FINALLY confessed that due to nerves and tension with his job he has been, well, ahem, a bit backed up himself and apparently has been filling the pipes with some pretty dense, pipe sized items - yes, I know, probably too much information, but come on, you know you laughed - I sure did!

So long story short - my toilet stand pipe isn't a strait shot, it has an elbow, and Mr. Gyant RockTurds has been clogging it up these past few weeks. Yet it never dawned on him to confess his sins, or that it had anything to do with the toilet backing up (oh, no, couldn't be HIS fault) - instead he listened to my poor interpretation of the dry drain and jumped to conclusions right along with me - albet much more angrily and scared me even more! But hey, I'd rather he has a sore butt and I simply needed to majorly unclogged a pipe than we have major sewer line problems!

Thanks again folks, and sorry for the "false alarm" :oops:
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:55 pm

ROTFLMAO!!! That was great Stormy! :lol:
"Love like you've never been hurt."

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:59 pm

:lol:

Oh my various gods
That is hilarious (Yes I did laugh at his part!!)!!

My dad is just like that: He will never confess a "sin" and would rather storm around for a few days with his arms in the air screaming that admit HE did anything wrong.

(By the way... My family is looking at me strangely: I went to leaning toward the screen for an update and what really went wrong to a very abrupt and brief outburst of laughter...)

VERY glad to know that it's nothing a few more glasses of water/day and a new drain collar won't fix!! And don't worry: He believed what your explanation. He cannot laugh at it without laughing at himself. We all have these times!! ( :-x I have many for my sister, but that's for a different time ;) )

To make you feel better: When I was breaking up with my bf of a little over three years, I was about to drive him back to his house when my key would not turn to start the ignition on my car. We both must have tried for about 15 minutes, freaking out over what was wrong with my car, until I looked down and realized it was still in drive. Hey, I was stressed!! And not in my head.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Post by forgotten oceans » Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:19 am

That's a good one Stormy! Remember that one and point it out to your kids one day, as an example to always look before you leap..... and that fiber is important! :lol: Glad everything is ok :-D
Maybe now you're starting to understand that while I may have been born predispositioned to be pretty batty, my parents saw to it that it was a certainty and completely unavoidable. -Me

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:05 am

I got to this late to reply but read it the other day and was quite nervous for you.

I'm happy that things ended up better than what you originally thought. :-)

:-D :roll: Its good too that Ken got it all out of his system. :P

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Post by davisherm » Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:42 am

Well, I guess I'm a little late to this topic to send my energies to the house, but perhaps I can direct a little to Ken's uh... rocks.

I'm so glad it turned out to be a false alarm.

Blessings!
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

Chelle
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Chelle » Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:58 pm

:hug: :hug: :hug: @};--
Be what you are and not what other people want you to be!!! xxxx