Blessings requested: Severe pain due to kidney stone

Kinda like a prayer chain ...
runewulf
Zodiac: Scorpio

Blessings requested: Severe pain due to kidney stone

Post by runewulf » Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:49 pm

Hey all,

Normally I wouldn't ask, but I've been in severe pain for the last 4 days and I thought my apendix was going. I went to the clinic today and found out it's not the apendix, but a severe kidney stone. Any blessings/energy would be appreciated.

Thanks all,

Wassail und wunjo
http://cajungypsy.blogspot.com

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:55 pm

Ouch - will definately send blessings and healing energy your way.

Have you asked the doc about treatments? They can put you in a tub of water and hit it with high frequency sound waves to break it apart - from what I've heard it's practically painless and no cutting involved.

All my best to you.
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Post by davisherm » Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:04 pm

Ugh. I know your pain, mon frère. I will be sending something your way tonight.

Stormy wrote: Have you asked the doc about treatments? They can put you in a tub of water and hit it with high frequency sound waves to break it apart - from what I've heard it's practically painless and no cutting involved.
Stormy speaks the truth. Sonic treatments are pretty painless. They feel a little weird. But it doesn't hurt. Basically what it does is bust the larger deposits up into smaller peices that you are able to expell with ease.

Or so they say. That last part can still burn, but it's nothing compared to the horrible, unidentifiable pain that a stone will bring to your back and stomach. I thought I'd pulled a muscle till it migrated from my back to my stomach.

Blessings, bro.
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:06 pm

Definitely sending some good vibes your way, I've heard they can be horribly painful. [-o<
"Love like you've never been hurt."

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:46 pm

Definately sending Reiki to you!!!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:02 pm

Also, since I already have Prescription for Herbal Healing by Phyllis A. Balch out, I will list some herbs that may help you.
Aloe juice, 1/4 cup daily, contains aliemannan, which slows the rate of crysal formation. Do not use for more than 2 weeks at a time, take if you are menstruating, have rectal bleeding, or are taking any kind of diuretic. It is also a laxative if taken in doses higher than those recommended.

Birch Leaf tea bags, prepared with 1 cup water taken 3x daily stimulates urination and stops spasm. (Specific birch not noted here, but I am not sure of poison in any varieties past the white, black, or sweet.)

Chanca piedra tincture, taken as directed on label, dissolves calcium stones.

Khella in any standardized form, 20mg daily, helps the urinary passage heal after passing a stone. (Khella makes the skin especially sensitive to ultraviolet light. Avoid tanning lamps and use sunblock when outdoors, and discontinue use if exposure to strong sunlight is unavoidable. Do not take this herb if you are on the blood-thinner warfarin (Coumadin).

Marshmallow root tea, 1 quart drinked daily, helps cleanse the kidneys and expel kidney stones. (I've had nothing but good experience with marshmallow root and the digestive system.)

Varuna tea 1tbsp in 1 cup water 3x daily inhibits an enzyme essential for the formation of calcium oxalate stones.

These are taken right out of the book.

I really hope this helps.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

runewulf

Post by runewulf » Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:55 pm

Thanks everyone...

Unfortunately, they don't do the water sonic treatment around here and won't consider any of the others unless I go another 2 weeks without passing it, ugh :roll:

Yes, Marshmallow root is a very good thing... also very good for respitory issues, flus, asthma, etc.

Again, thanks all, this is brutal.

Wassail und Wunjo

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:42 pm

I got to this a wee bit late. I hope things go well for you. I've heard of the procedure Stormy brought up and think it is a wonderful thing to make this less painful. CHL, I like the herbal suggestions...I had no idea that there were so many things to deal with kidney stones.
Still, I just hope the brutality is left at a minimum.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

runewulf

Post by runewulf » Sat Oct 15, 2005 2:33 am

Thanks again everyone, it's been real bad today, obviously since I'm still up at 6:30 am. If the pain eases enough, I'm heading over to the healthfood store tomorrow... ummm, this afternoon, to get some cranberry extract capsules, which should speed the process up. Until then, just lots of water and tea and pain killers.

wassail

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Sat Oct 15, 2005 6:57 am

Urgh!
Good luck!
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Maelroth
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Maelroth » Sat Oct 15, 2005 8:08 am

healing energy your way amigo, never had one myself but i watched my mom deal with severe stones almost all my life, the top of my frig as a kid looked like a pharmacy exploded there, wow i never saw anyone take so many pills, and surgeries....

Our thoughts to your getting well [-o<
Not all who wander are lost-Tolkien

Religion is like a finger pointing to the moon, we must not get so involved in the finger that we forget where it points.

Maelroth B*B!

runewulf

Post by runewulf » Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:33 am

merci mes amis... managed to get the cranberry extract today and have started taking that, so hopefully I'll be on my way to recovery this upcoming week.

wassail

forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Post by forgotten oceans » Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:16 am

Owies, I can only imagine, as I have never had one, but I will most definitely be lighting a candle for you, blessings and I hope this doesn't last too much longer. [-o< =P~
Maybe now you're starting to understand that while I may have been born predispositioned to be pretty batty, my parents saw to it that it was a certainty and completely unavoidable. -Me

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:26 pm

You have my love and blessings dear one! I hope you feel much better soon! :hug:
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

Silver Spider
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Silver Spider » Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:36 pm

I hope you're feeling well now. I too know what it's like to have an kidney stone. I had a small stone many years ago. Heal fast and gently.
Peace and Prosperity. Dove and Goldfish.