Blessings for my family

Kinda like a prayer chain ...
melina
Level 3
Level 3

Blessings for my family

Post by melina » Sat Oct 01, 2005 4:24 pm

I know I haven't been as much a part of the Library as I used to be, but I've been caught up in a lot of stuff for a while. Even though I've been absent, I still think about you guys all the time, and I would really appreciate your blessings right now.

We've had a lot of trouble in my family lately, and we just got the worst news last night. My grandpa went to the hospital because his ulcer was bleeding, and they found out that he has colon cancer and it spread to his liver. They said there's not much they can do. They're doing tests to be sure that's what it is, but the doctor didn't have much doubt in his voice. My mom and I are the only ones who know. I think they're going to tell my grandpa tomorrow when the test results come in. He's the best person I've ever known. All he ever does is sacrifice for people. I don't want to lose him, and the last thing I want is for him to be in any more pain.

Any prayers you could send his way would mean the world to me right now.
Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!-

Isaiah 5:20

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:39 pm

I'm so sorry melina, I will definately have him in my prayers tonight. I lost my father to cancer, I know what you are going thru - if you just need to talk, feel free to PM me - I'll do my best to keep checking my inbox over the next few days and be sure to get back to you.
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:40 pm

You have my blessings, darling. I'll add him to my distance Reiki list for the next while. Good luck! R*virtual hugs sent*
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:35 pm

I'll definitely send some healing and comforting vibes your way, I hope everything ends up ok for him. [-o< [-o< [-o<
"Love like you've never been hurt."

Raven
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Raven » Sun Oct 02, 2005 5:27 am

I know how cancer can be. Just remember that, one way or another, things will work out in the end. I wish you and your family luck with this, you all have my blessings.

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Sun Oct 02, 2005 2:40 pm

I went through the same thing a few months ago with my great granny. I know how much it hurt me and how hard it was to care for someone I was used to having care for me.
Blessings and peace your way.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:45 pm

Good luck with that...I know how hard it is to lose a grandparent.

Hopefully, they can cure him...but remember, sometimes the greatest and bravest act of love is to let go.

Trust me, it's hard, i'm still trying to cope with my pap-pap's leaving when I was in HS...and my grandma leaving last summer. Both were a "refused/ended treatment" scenario. BUt it was for the best, and it was their wishes.

Hugs to your family and positive energy to them all.
What must be will be.
Good luck
~K
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

scoia
Level 7
Level 7

Post by scoia » Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:02 pm

Blessings and strength, I know how hard it can be.

I'm trying to console a lot of people about this at the moment, my boyfriend's grandmother has been diagnosed with cancer pretty much everywhere, given 2 months at the outside. Same with another friend. Funny how things seem to come in waves. :(
First they ignore you.
Then they laught at you.
Then they fight you.
Then you win.
--Ghandi

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:38 am

I will keep you and your family in mind and send some positive energy your way.
And for you, I send you some pampering energy.
:hug:

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

runewulf
Zodiac: Scorpio

Post by runewulf » Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:08 pm

I'm sorry sweetie... you have my blessings and well wishes :hug:

wassail
http://cajungypsy.blogspot.com

melina
Level 3
Level 3

Post by melina » Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:41 pm

I'm so sorry I haven't updated you guys or anything. We've just been kinda flooded with stuff lately. Well, it was colon cancer. Originally they thought it was small, but when they went in for surgery it was pretty big and had attached to his spine or something. But they got most of it out. HE's been home now about a week. He's been doing a lot better now that he can take care of the dog and have people cook him dinner :-D He went to some special doctor today to talk about chemo. Orginally they had said with treatment they could add about 3 years onto his life, but now they're saying a few months. He starts in about a week. This is supposed to be the hardest step, so my mom is going to take off work when it happens to take care of him. He's been realistic about the situation, but he doesn't seem depressed at all. He still does the same old things, and despite the doctor's orders he hasn't changed his diet. I swear no one can keep him from having his 3 strips of bacon every morning.

I want you guys to know that it means a lot that you cared. I haven't really told that many people about it because... well its kind of hard to say it out loud, even after all this time. You guys are wonderful people. I really hope you realize that.
Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!-

Isaiah 5:20

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:19 pm

*hugs*

Feel good. Give him many many hugs. Good that he is not depressed. I really hope everything gets better really soon.

Health and Happiness to you and yours
I will send Reiki to your father again

-CHL
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:30 pm

Replying to this a little late ...

I will hold you and your family in my prayers and thoughts, and send much healing energy to your grandpa to help him feel better. I lost a very good freind to cancer a few years back now, so although she wasnt blood-family, it was like loosing family, so I completely understand what you're going through.

Many blessings! :hug:
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~