Female issues.

Kinda like a prayer chain ...
Stormy

Post by Stormy » Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:15 am

I had the "abnormal cells" call myself some years back and it turned out to be nothing worrisome - they told me that it is quite common to get an abnormal cells result and that it usually is totally begnin. You might want to ask them to check you for HPV - it's an extremely common STD that 75% of people never even know they have - it's related to the cold sore virus - and it is one of the common reasons for abnormal paps. If you do have it you must get a pap every year without fail though, since there is one of the over 200 strains that is known to be a factor in cevical cancer. Yes, I know so much because my dear husband brought it home to me after his return from our seperation :evil:

Stormy
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:49 pm

Thanks. I'm flipping out because the nurse made it sound so serious on the phone. And the messed up thing is this is the first time Ive had a pap in my life.
I had a roommate my Freshman year of uni who went to her first pap and found out that she had cancer. Its hitting close to home here on that note.
So many people my age have been getting hysterectomies (sp?) lately. I have not even had children yet.
Although cancer does run in my family it is not due to female parts. My dad recovered from cancer a few years ago....I believe they scraped it off his vocal cords. My grandma (mother's side) died of pancreatic cancer and my grandpa (mother's side) died of Leukemia.

The fact that it could be an STD let alone one I've never heard of scares me. :-(
I have no other symptoms other than the irregular periods and this pap result. Nothing irregular came of the results of the blood work.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

FyreGarnet
Level 17
Level 17
Zodiac: Aquarius

Post by FyreGarnet » Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:07 pm

Yet, here I am, never been to the doctor, never had sex, but want a hysterectomy because I never want children. My periods are fairly normal, if you can count them normal anyway. My only problem is sometimes I get a bit depressed, and everyone tells me to cheer up. I wish it were that simple, lol. I don't think these people understand how hard it is sometimes. *shrugs* oh well.

Honey, you have all my best wishes going to you. I know how scared I'd be if I went in for the first time, and they called me up to say abnormal. I'd be hysterical. Ok, yes, I tend to overwhelm myself with possibilities that are not so much probable. I over react. But, it's who I am, lol.

lots of hugs to you dear. I'm sure it is nothing worse than a little infection.

FyreGarnet
The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs want to smell everyone's rear and cats want every one to smell THEIR rear - unknown

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:20 pm

I had an abnormal pap a couple years ago, when I had my first one done. But by the time I went back for the second it was back to normal. Hope all goes well with you.
"Love like you've never been hurt."

Brown Eyed Girl
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Brown Eyed Girl » Sat Jul 09, 2005 2:23 am

Ive not heard of anything like this over here. and the brook clinic keyed me in on most things when i had my implant put in.
i wish you all the luck and hopes its nothing bad
Who is "I" without a past? A river without a source? An event without a cause?

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:53 pm

Abnormal cells happen all the time, it could also be yeast. So no need to panic.
Interesting fact, if you moved in with a girl or you live with a girl and she recently did something that would change her cycle (i.e. going on the pill) that could move your cycle too.
Women's medicine is a fun thing, i am blessed that Canadians have health care paid for.
However if any of you are ever interested I have the funniest ever gynecologist story. I just don't know if should post it because it is graphic, so I will refrain ( think the rule is, if you aren't sure don't do it) however if any of you would like to hear this story feel free to PM me. I find it funny anyway, I had one person just smile at me as though I was insane when I told her (which is also a possibility).
Blessings
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:55 am

I had two female roommates, and by the end of the first 6 months living together, our cycles coincided to within three days of each other. It was kind of scary.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:07 pm

Yeah when I was at an 8 week camp once in a barrack full of girls we all aligned, it was really, really weird. 80 girls, all at the same time...we ate a lot of chocolate.
Blessings
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)