Female issues.

Kinda like a prayer chain ...
Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Female issues.

Post by Lotus » Thu May 12, 2005 10:59 am

I will mostly keep such things private but, I am flipping out.
I've always had regular periods with some slight variation every so often. It is also normal for my period to shift its timing (gradually) from the full moon to the new moon. About 3 months ago it shifted drastically making me late for about 2 weeks. Did not think anything about this since it came and remained regular at its new date for two months or so. However, I skipped last month and have yet to bleed. This is very odd for me and my body.
I have an appointment with an OBGYN at the 25th of this month but, I'm still flipping out.

What are some reasons why something like this could be happening? Oh, I'm not preggers or anything.
I would assume it was stress but, stress is normal for me and I've been through worse and have not been affected. I'm really worried cause its been acting goofy for about 3 months thus, not being a factor of stress.
No other symptoms or anything. Strange.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Thu May 12, 2005 7:30 pm

Okay, have you changed any medication or major eating habits?

Have you started any new herbal suppliments?

These things, and stress can shift a period like that. Also, your body could just be estalishing a new cycle, which is knocking things out of whack for a while.

GOOD LUCK, I know how stressful that can be.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Fri May 13, 2005 7:09 am

Lotus, I am totally with you on understanding the stress about the good ol female crap - I have been plagued with feminine woes most of my life. The GOOD news is, 9 times out of 10 it's just some minor. stupid thing that causes these problems.

Kystar is right - if you've had any major changes in diet, medications or supplements - that can do it. Also, if you've recently lost a large amount of weight, that can cause your cycle to flip out and do a total "reset". Stress, as mentioned, can cause a bazillion wacko period things.

As for true medical reasons - if you are certain you aren't pregnant, then that is ruled out - but keep in mind, some will become pregnant and still have a period of sorts for several months...

Other medical things, which I've had the "privilege" of finding out about first hand, which will cause shifts and misses, but which are not life threatening - uterine polyps (often accompanied by severe bleeding and pain when you do have your cycle) and ovarian cysts - I've had the harmless type which are actually quite common - they are fluid filled, can grow to an unpleasant size, cause hormonal shifts that cause cycle shifts, and, in my case, have always "resolved" themselves (to use the doctor's words) by breaking on their own - which, unfortunately is a very painful few moments when they do.

I know how nerve wracking it can be and you will be in my thoughts and prayers!

Stormy
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

lunaria
Level 5
Level 5

Post by lunaria » Fri May 13, 2005 3:31 pm

What a coincidence, I have also skipped last month and haven't started yet.

I'm not as worried about it as you seem to be though, because all my life I have had EXTREEMLY irregular periods. I once went over a year without one. But I have been relatively normal for the past few months, its still not anything new to me (skipping ones, that is).

I just wouldn't worry about it. I'm sure you'll start soon. :-D

FyreGarnet
Level 17
Level 17
Zodiac: Aquarius

Post by FyreGarnet » Fri May 13, 2005 10:06 pm

Well, for me, I've always been regular to the point of having one every month. However, it is never exactly 28 or 30 days, it can shift depending on stress, mostly. Plus, during high school, I got the little spotting problem. First time it happend I thought I was dying, lol, and went to the doctor, and she did the little stomach exam, and said it's normal. Why she did the exam just to tell me it's normal is beyond me.

But I understand how you feel, my dear, and my blessings are with you. I'm sure it is just a funky thing with your body right now, and nothing to worry about. Funny thing being that many of us spend a lot of our time wishing to not have our periods, but when it finally happens, we assume the worst. *sighs*

Lots of hugs hon.

FyreGarnet
The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs want to smell everyone's rear and cats want every one to smell THEIR rear - unknown

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27

Post by Lotus » Sun May 22, 2005 5:52 pm

Just as an update, I did get my period (both late and early)....It was more painful and lasted longer this time. I still am going to the doctor to check things out on the 25th to see what exactly is going on.
Thanks for the support and peace of mind on this issue. Certainly has been an ease on my mind on my soul reading the replys.
I'll let you guys know what comes up.

BB
Lotus

scoia
Level 7
Level 7

Post by scoia » Sun May 22, 2005 9:41 pm

Again, what Stormy said. Myself, I have polycystic ovaries syndrome, so I can go with out for 3 months, and then 3 times in one month.

The craziest things can affect this. Luckily, they now have a blood test for the above condition and others, so anything truly abnormal will be detected. Just remember, when it comes to girl parts, there is NO normal.
#-o

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Mon May 23, 2005 7:31 am

scoia wrote: Just remember, when it comes to girl parts, there is NO normal.
HERE HERE!

Good luck at the Dr's Office.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

davisherm

Post by davisherm » Mon May 23, 2005 6:25 pm

Not really my baliwick, but have you been ill at all?

How's your sleep cycle been lately?

When one natural rythm is messed up, the others will follow suit.

Blessings
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27

Post by Lotus » Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:39 pm

Davish,
Umm, not really any big changes.

The Doc gave me a pap test and a blood test and I've gotten no news back. She said she would call me if something was wrong and to not expect a call if there was nothing...so, no news is good news.
To regulate me she is putting me on birth control. I vetoed the injections and implant methods.

So unless I hear anything else then it is prolly stress. Thanks again everyone for listening.

BB
Lotus

FyreGarnet
Level 17
Level 17
Zodiac: Aquarius

Post by FyreGarnet » Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:53 pm

No problem dear. I know all too well what kinds of difficulties we women can go through, at least with that stuff. Hope the no news keeps up, and things return to normal.

FyreGarnet
The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs want to smell everyone's rear and cats want every one to smell THEIR rear - unknown

davisherm

Post by davisherm » Sat Jun 04, 2005 2:53 pm

Well, glad to hear it's nothing major. *hugs*

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27

Post by Lotus » Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:20 pm

Well, more bad news from my front.
The doc called and told me that my pap came up with some irregular cells and that I will have to go back.
I'm not sure what "Irregular cells" really mean or what this *could* be......I was told it could be as simple as inflamation.

The fun thing is this may cost up to 400 dollars and they conforted me by saying I could make payments :roll: .

I'm not sure they exact name of what they are doing to me but it is an extensive version of a pap with a microscope....or so it has been explained. I return the 12th of this month to get this done.

Please keep me in prayers at this time in hope that this is not something serious.

BB
Lotus

davisherm

Post by davisherm » Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:40 pm

My thoughts, prayers, and healing energies are on the way.
If I could, I'd send a couple bucks too. Doctors love to charge huge fees for female issues. They can get away with it, because who wants to ignore such a potentially horrilbe problem?

Blessings, my sister.

scoia
Level 7
Level 7

Post by scoia » Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:57 pm

Good luck, and blessings.

I've had to go through every test under the sun, and most things they pick up are simple abnormalities that aren't dangerous in any way, but possible affect menstrual cycles (I think the the position of leaves on one particular day is enough to change them for some people!).

If it's an ultrasound, then that's a relatively common prcedure, and as you said, the main bother sometimes is the money. Doctors follow up on the smallest things to be careful, as they should, but it does add up.

The best of luck, and try not to worry too much. As I've said before, no-one's system is truly 'normal' and it may be a small amount of scar tissue that's causing a problem. :-)
First they ignore you.
Then they laught at you.
Then they fight you.
Then you win.
--Ghandi