Good news

Kinda like a prayer chain ...
Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Good news

Post by Willow » Sun Mar 20, 2005 2:28 pm

Hey Everyone,
I got into two grads chools to study for my Masters in religion.
The problem is, now I need to decide. Wilfrid Laurier University and Queen's Unviersity here in Canada. I have no clue which one to pick but they need to know by the end of the month. If everyone could send whatever it is my way that helps one make descisions I would be much obliged. I may have to post a list of the pros and cons later.
blessings
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

SWK
Level 1
Level 1

Post by SWK » Sun Mar 20, 2005 2:39 pm

Congrats on being accepted! I do not have advice on how to decide, however. Good luck on whichever path you choose!

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:26 pm

That's excellent news!! Congratulations!! =D>

In any case, I know how hard the decision can be, so I'll send lots of helpful energy your way Willow.

Congrats again!
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

Raven
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Raven » Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:10 pm

*claps*
i have no idea either, but
GOOD LUCK

:violent2:

and remember, don't microwave people !!

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:23 pm

Congrats and good luck with the decision!
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:38 pm

well raven, I was going to microwave two eggs name one queens and one laurier, and whichever one exploded first I wouldn't go there.
How is that for divination.
Blessings
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Vetle
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Vetle » Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:01 pm

Willow wrote:well raven, I was going to microwave two eggs name one queens and one laurier, and whichever one exploded first I wouldn't go there.
How is that for divination.
Blessings
Better than that one unfortunate incident with the runes... :lol:
"I just hope angels in the forest
Saw me praying in my own soul
Death is unfair - That's real pain
Remoun you...Am I almost dead?
I miss my hope; My will to live
My last farewell forever, all alone"

-Anita Auglend

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:33 pm

Well,
as it turns out I decided on Queen's (I figure I can always cancel if any of the other schools get back to me). It just made more sense because I can go to a new town, the program is one year.
Besides, I still haven't decided if I want to do my PhD or Law shcool yet, I will write the LSAT this summer and see what happens from there. Most likely I will go with whoever takes me.
Plus, Queen's has a really cool course on the Goddess that I might take if it fits into my schedule. My proposed thesis is tto study the roe of women in inter-religious dialogue but I can always put that on hohd for my PhD. I will keep you guys posted.
All blessings now can be for a good place to live, with roommates I don't want to throttle who actually clean up after them selves (IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK? #-o ) Sorry,...I had to get that out. Anyways, and I need blessings for my boyfriend and I, we have been together for 2 1/2 years and have only lived in the same city for three months of it, now I am moving farther away. Thanks for listening guys.
Blessings
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

lunaria
Level 5
Level 5

Post by lunaria » Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:23 am

Raven wrote: :violent2:

and remember, don't microwave people !!

ROTFLMAO! Raven, you crack me up!

I have a feeling I will be in a similar sitution in a few years, only mine will be 'do I want to go to the college in Savannah and get the hope scholarship or do I wanna go to a better one out of state that my dad may not help pay for'

*sigh*

:violent2: teeheee...

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:07 pm

I know all too well your concerns Lunaria, as I didn't even know if I wanted to do further study after high school for quite some time. As it turned out, I went to uni for 2 years, had several personal problems along the way which caused much stress, anxiety and depression, my grades dropped below the GPA, and the uni asked me to leave. The only thing you can do, is hope you make the right choice about where to go, cause even though my parents were only a few hours away, they still couldn't come and help me in my turmoil for quite some time.

In any case, uni/college can be awesome, ask Arcanum Owl about when he lived on campus, they had some weird stuff happen while he was there. I was even there one weekend, and I swear the place never sleeps!

My blessings to you both!!
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:10 pm

It is always a tough choice but I used to do admissions advisign so let me know if you need any help. Good luck Lunaria.
Blessings
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)