Worried

Kinda like a prayer chain ...
Twinblade Tel'Morier
Level 1
Level 1

Worried

Post by Twinblade Tel'Morier » Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:25 am

Hi all...I haven't posted in a while, and I didn't know where else to put this topic...
Sometime last week a friend of mine got the bright idea to have a half done seance type thing at an apartment that is known in my group as a "haunted" area. well, he freaked out and got all creepy for the day, until another friend blessed him and set things to rights...we thought. Well, today, I was called and the people involved had a nagging suspicion that the problem wasn't fixed. Well, come to find out that what we believed were two spirits was actually the spirit of a seven year old male and what we thought was a fifty five year old male we now believe to be a sort of "Shadowkeeper" demon, possibly intent on taking the young boys spirit. Most of the people that are at the apartment often have had odd experiences, ranging from feeling someone's presence following you, balls of lace like light at night, extreme discomfort in a particular corner, to a dark shadowy form that appears where you least expect it. I just want to know if anyone knows anything about such things, and possibly help me out...I don't like going to the apartment, and both of the tenants boyfriends dislike spending time alone there. one of the tenants is a pagan, and the other a christian. So far we have determined that the "Demon" does not like crosses, and we believe it may have been there before the apartment building was there. We also think that it is a Cherokee demon, if that helps any...please reply, it would be much appreciated.
"Death comes for us all. You can only choose how to face it when it comes."-Robert Jordan

"I just have not got the patience to deal with the cabbage brained idiots they are producing and labeling as "children" these days."-Ragnar

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:33 pm

I wish I could help you, but in all honesty, the only experience I had with what may well have been some form of demon was NEVER erradicated from my parents home - it was still there when the house was sold. It seemed to "feed" on discord and strife, and I think it actually caused some of it. I found that the best defense against it was to simply stand up to it with the complete and utter conviction that I was stronger and I was going to kick it's butt if it didn't leave me alone - or something to that effect LOL.

Stormy
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Twinblade Tel'Morier
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Twinblade Tel'Morier » Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:28 am

well...we may have solved the problem...we are going to leave the spirit for now, but we are pretty sure we have trapped the demon in a cross. we had a reverend bless the room and the cross, so it can't escape. We are going to get rid of the cross as soon as we can, but for now everything seems all right. Thanks for yor reply, I appreciate it. I am, however, interested in what anyone else has to say about this...thanks.
"Death comes for us all. You can only choose how to face it when it comes."-Robert Jordan

"I just have not got the patience to deal with the cabbage brained idiots they are producing and labeling as "children" these days."-Ragnar

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:20 pm

For some time now there has been something in my home bothering me. Regardless of what I do it remains or returns. Now it is able to get into the other room that once was haven-like. It would not bother me except it gives off a very creepy vibe and prohibits me from practicing at home. It also seems to have the ability to leave residual energy on my posessions. I cannot sleep in my bedroom where its energy is the strongest due to it being creepy and if I sleep in that room I will dream about it.
I have litterally tried everything including other practicioners of different religions/beliefs as well as my own workings.
Other people sense it here without me feeding them information. Many of my friends have seen it. My mother seems to think that someone hung themselves here..

I know all too well what you are talking about and yet, I too do not have a solution.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Raven
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Raven » Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:16 am

Ok i actually have a suggestion for both of you...
I have, of course, never dealt with a Demon of these caliburs before, but this might work if you do it well enough. I would start out by creating a very dense, strong ward around somewhere that the demon hasn't gotten to yet (like yourself). And then i would simply, slowley expand the ward until it was surrounding the entire affected area. Mind you ive never tried this with anything very malignant, so i have abslultely no idea if it will work or just anger whatever it is that your up against. Just a suggestion, and maybe it can get some more ideas rolling.

davisherm

Post by davisherm » Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:47 am

Twin, I'm glad you've got things under control. How are you planning on getting rid of the spirit now that you have it in the cross? that's not something you want to just leave lying around. And if it's a wooden cross, it's not going to hold it forever.

Lotus - I'm sure you've already tried smudging and house cleansing spells, so I won't bore you with those. What raven suggested is actually quite close to how I instinctively dealt with an angry spirit some years ago. It's probably fairly dangerous and should not be attempted alone. Especially because doing all the steps yourself can just about knock you on your butt.

You need at least one other person to help you with this. Each of you will have a part to play. You start by constructing the gateway - either leading back to where the spirit belongs, or simply out of the house. The gateway is simply a series of wards that will not let it pass. These wards need to be formed into a sort of hallway, you can mark the wards with candles, but I recommend crystals that have been charged with your intent, as when you start, this thing WILL get pissed off and crystals don't blow out. You want to extend this warded corridor outside your house, and if you've been able to determine where this spirit comes from, place a mirror or a regular pane of glass at the end, infused with a sense of that place.

Then prepare specific protective charms. I'd include a bit of amethyst in the workings as it's good for negative energy. You might also want to consider casting a circle and invoking the protection of your gods before going into the house.

Your partner or partners in all this need to work on constructing a second set of wards. These are the ones that go up surrounding your house. They need to be of a different type of construction that the one that you used to make the corridor, we don't want to show the spirit the same thing twice, which is why it's a good thing to have somebody else do this part. You don't want these wards to go up until after you've pushed the spirit out. So make sure your friend(s) know their part in all this.

Now for the hard part. I prepare for this by charging quartz crystals with empowering energy. Keep them out of your house and away from the spirit until you're ready to make your move, you don't want it leaving it's own energy in them. When your warded hallway is in place and you've capped it with the mirror or glass, go after the thing. You need to be totally confident and sure of yourself, perhaps even a little cocky. Let it know that you're tired of the bull and you're not going to put up with it anymore. Now, focus on your aura. You want to expand it, pushing out your spiritual energy, so that the spirit has to move away from you.

Once you get it on the move, you want to bully it into the warded corridor. Once inside, it shouldn't be able to move, except toward the mirror at the end. You want to force it down and into the mirror. If you've infused the mirror with the sense of the spirits place of origin, it will have gone right through it like a doorway. If you weren't' able to do that, it will have just gone right through. If you can still feel it, that's when your partners need to spring the other wards, the ones surrounding your house. If at any time during this procedure you should begin to feel weak and drained, grab ahold of one of the quartz crystals that you empowered beforehand and draw energy from it like a battery.

Now that you've gotten the spirit out of your space, you need to cleanse. Especially since you stated that this thing leaves residual energy everywhere. Once that's taken care of, take a long, hot bath and relax for a little while. Your friends can make a sandwich or something. When you feel restored, thank your gods for their help, and if you cast a circle, uncast it. On the short term, you're done. In the long term, you want to give thought to how you're going to charge the wards, and also the possibility of invoking a protector spirit or creating a guardian. If you have trees on the property, I recommend investing them as guardians. Especially maples. They're not as serious about everything as oaks are, and they're easier to talk to, at least for me.

And that's about all I can offer. I hope it's useful.

Blessed Be.
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

Twinblade Tel'Morier
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Twinblade Tel'Morier » Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:17 pm

thanks for the advice...we used a metal cross, and charged the one of the guys with taking care of it. I believe he did an indian ritual to eliminate it...I am not going to inquire too closely...it was not a happy fun time...and we have decided to leave the spirit of the child...it is not going to harm anything, and we think that it actually came with one of the tenants, but didn't manifest strongly until we discovered the demon. So that chapter is closed, but I will keep your advice in mind should it happen again...which we hope not, because none of us are touching the "supernatural" (for lack of a better term) for a good long time...thanks for the replies. And I think we used a smudge stick...dunno what it does, as I don't generally get involed in such things, but thought that it was a relevant point...

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:01 pm

Willows make good guardians too, if you can make friends with them. They tangle things up and confuse them until the wind can shoo them away. When I have my own property, I'm going to plant a willow that I can use as a meditation space when it grows high enough.

As for the thing in the cross, containing things like that is dangerous. Sometimes they'll remember who locked them up. Good luck on that.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Twinblade Tel'Morier
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Twinblade Tel'Morier » Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:20 pm

I don't think we'll let it out anytime soon...the cross hasn't been destroyed, persay, but placed in a spot of rest. only one of us knows where it is, and can find it. We'll debate more on a permanent solution this week...

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:42 pm

I am all over the willow trees.
I have a witches calaendar and itsaid that almost any plant on either side of your doorpost will help filter (?) what is coming in. But ones with a strong smell are good. (herbs for example)
Blessings
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Twinblade Tel'Morier
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Twinblade Tel'Morier » Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:23 pm

I'll keep this in mind when I talk to the tenants next.

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27

Post by Lotus » Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:28 pm

Thanks guys I'll keep this all in mind as I plot a strategy to get rid of this thing.
The willow thing will not work unless I plop a tree right in the middle of my home.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:34 am

I had to do this once to get rid of a nasty that was invading my dreams. It didn't like moonlight, for some reason, but wasn't bothered by the sun. So I played with my aura's energy until it started to FEEL like moonlight, and started to charge EVERYTHING with the energy. IT was exhausting, but it eventually convinced the damn thing to get out, since I guess it was like trying to walk through a cloud of acid to it. It's a trick I keep up my sleeve for the real emergencies. Try to experiment and see what it doesn't like energy-wise and use that to drive it out.

I had one nasty that didn't like quartz, so I got a nice size chunk and charged it until it radiated like a miniature sun. That thing left quickly. Nasty entities all have their weaknesses. There is SOMETHING that bugs them. The cross is a good example.

I don't like trapping them, though, because eventually the charge fades and the silly things get out again. Unless you can do a gin in a bottle thing, and cap it with that which the entity hates, it doesn't stay trapped. And most entities remember whose energy was the strongest in trapping them, and they go after that person.

my advice, find its weakness and surround yourself with that charge. It will leave, eventually.

Twinblade Tel'Morier
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Twinblade Tel'Morier » Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:58 pm

I'm pretty sure that the guy put the cross in a bottle filled with holy water and put it in a place of rest...beyond that, I honestly don't want to find out.

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:30 pm

Well, yeah, you don't want to mess with an entrapment after the fact, definately not cool. Weakens the charge, and stuff.

Hopefully, you're friend's working will stay strong. And if it doesn't, hopefully the silly demon critter won't break out until you're strong enough to punk it down.

Either way, good luck.