Wife Will Remain in the Hospital

Kinda like a prayer chain ...
davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Post by davisherm » Sat Jan 29, 2005 1:30 pm

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife.
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

socialgreen
Level 5
Level 5

Post by socialgreen » Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:23 pm

Thanks Morgana and davisherm! :-D Has anyone notice that this thread is now seven pages long. Anyways, because she is on an immune depressant for the kidney transplant that she will heal very slowly. The doctor thinks a stitch went bad and caused the infection to begin with. I really don't know how an infection can be removed but they are going to open her up Monday. After she gets home I will have to do I.V's. of anti biotics twice a day. I am guessing that they are going to put in a pic line to one of the arteries near the heart. That's about all I can report for now.

Social
social
If more of us valued food and cheer and song
above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
-- J. R. R. Tolkien

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:14 pm

Well, Blessings and prayers. I hope things continue to get better and that you will have the trenth to keep going. It can be tough but youa re an amazing support to your qwife. She is very lucky.
Blessings
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

socialgreen
Level 5
Level 5

Post by socialgreen » Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:03 am

Thanks Willow. She had surgery Tuesday and is laid open with packing. The infection is serious. She is on immune supressant drugs for a kidney transplant. It is these drugs that keep her from healing properly. They cannot take her off of them whatsoever. This has me wondering if she has long to live. I mean, she did tell me goodbye. All I can do is wait and see what happens and trust in the care that she is getting and putting her in the hands of the Gods.

Social
social
-- J. R. R. Tolkien

Maelroth
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Maelroth » Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:37 am

our prayers and blessings to you as always.
Not all who wander are lost-Tolkien

Religion is like a finger pointing to the moon, we must not get so involved in the finger that we forget where it points.

Maelroth B*B!

socialgreen
Level 5
Level 5

Post by socialgreen » Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:40 pm

Thanks Maelroth. She is doing better and that made me feel better. In a couple of days they will insert (?) a vacuum device. I won't look at the wound but her caregiver did and lost her appetite. I am doing okay and will keep things here updated as much as I can.

Social
social
-- J. R. R. Tolkien

Soulz Tears
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Soulz Tears » Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:05 am

Social,
I can only lend an ear when need be, ask that you and your wife be in the Lord and Lady's [-o< blessings as you begin once again in a healing process, and send you as much energy that I can spare so that you all may finally be able to come through this with flying colours and peace :angel7: .
All my best Social and then some.

>:D< ....Soulz Tears
"Integrity takes effort, words and actions begin in the heart."

"Believing is more than acknowledging."

" YOU teach others HOW to treat you."

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:38 pm

I am so sorry to hear this and will keep the two of you in my thoughts and prayers.

Stormy
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

socialgreen
Level 5
Level 5

Post by socialgreen » Sat Feb 05, 2005 5:39 pm

Thank you Soulz Tears and Stormy for your concern and prayers. The vacuum device was placed on her. The incision is 7 inches long and the infection went down into the abdominal cavity 9 inches. She has been walking but it seems as though the nursing home issue has come up again. I been trying to inquire into the advance care floor at the hospital. Because she is walking they don't want to place her there. I have to deal with some very stupid and apathetic people.

Social
social
-- J. R. R. Tolkien

melina
Level 3
Level 3

Post by melina » Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:08 am

I'll be sending energy to both of you. I'm so happy she's walking, that's definitely a good sign. I've probably told you before, but I can't believe how amazingly strong a person you are. I have so much respect for you. Take it easy and don't let the stupid people get to you. >:D<
Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!-

Isaiah 5:20

socialgreen
Level 5
Level 5

Post by socialgreen » Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:25 pm

Thank you Melina. thank you for yuour kind words. No, they won't get me down. I took a look today at the wound and all I can say is...YIKES!!!

Social
social
-- J. R. R. Tolkien

Artemisblessed
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Artemisblessed » Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:39 pm

HEY SOCIAL,
I HEARD ABOUT YOUR WIFE AND I AM TRULY SORRY FOR WHAT YOU ARE GOING THROUGH. BELIEVE ME I UNDERSTAND MORE THAN YOU KNOW.
I ALSO HAVE CANCER AND BELIEVE ME IT TURNED OUR WHOLE LIVES UPSIDE DOWN. IT IS NOT EASY TO GET UP EVERYDAY AND KEEP GOING BUT YOU HAVE TO. MY HUSBAND WENT THROUGH THE SAME EMOTIONS THAT YOU ARE GOING THROUGH. IT IS SO NOT EASY. I THINK THAT THE ONLY ADVICE I CAN GIVE TO YOU IS THAT YOU HAVE TO RELY ON EACH OTHER. WHEN I WAS FIRST DIAGNOSED WE MADE A DEAL WITH EACH OTHER. WHEN MY HUSBAND WAS DOWN I WOULD PULL HIM BACK UP AND WHEN I WAS DOWN HE WOULD PULL ME BACK. BELIEVE ME SOMETIMES IT ISN'T EASY BUT YOU GET THROUGH IT SOMEHOW IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SEND ME A NOTE AND MAYBE WE CAN HELP. :-)
Treat every new person you meet as if they will be an important influence on you later (you know, love thy neighbor?)

Artemisblessed
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Artemisblessed » Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:04 pm

that was my mother that replyed earlier. she DOES have cancer and knows exactly what you guys are going through... I hope you take solice in her advice

-AB
Treat every new person you meet as if they will be an important influence on you later (you know, love thy neighbor?)

socialgreen
Level 5
Level 5

Post by socialgreen » Sat Feb 12, 2005 4:58 pm

Thank you and I appreciate the advice. The wife is now in a nursing home. She is a bit restricted to move around since the vacuum device is not working as expected. It can't be unplugged. It works fine plugged in. Hopefully by next week that problem can be resolved. I was so tired Thursday that I slept 14 hours and missed work. I did not feel well after I woke up. I visited the wife and she is in good spirits. I am glad that this nursing home is closer. I hope that she gets better care than what she got in the other nursing home. I believe that she actually got the infection from the other nursing home because they were not changing the dressing as often as they should. Of course they wrote that they did.

Social
social
-- J. R. R. Tolkien

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:54 pm

I will continue my prayers.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.