Kinda like a prayer chain ...
Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Fri Dec 03, 2004 3:14 pm

:GHug:
that is awesome!
Blessings
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Linny
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Linny » Fri Dec 03, 2004 8:03 pm

*dances* Yay! I'll continue to keep y'all in my thoughts. :hug:

socialgreen
Level 5
Level 5

Post by socialgreen » Sat Dec 04, 2004 4:00 pm

She is home and quietly sleeping. Of all things I had to do off the bat was to buy medical supplies for the hole in her belly. The head male nurse did not even bother to change the dressing today--what a jerk. I did it and it was not as bad as it looked. Had to take a few deep breaths before I started heh heh. Also, I have her on a protien shake and she did some for me today. It is going to take time for her to completely recover but being at home should help.
social
If more of us valued food and cheer and song
above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
-- J. R. R. Tolkien

socialgreen
Level 5
Level 5

Post by socialgreen » Sun Dec 05, 2004 2:51 pm

I have a bit of a complaint today. She is not as well as they led me to believe. We had a visit with a nurse and a physical therapist today and both of them said she is very weak. I demonstrated to the nurse that I was able to tend the wound. She was impressed. Unfortunatley, I have only enough packing for tonight. I was only able to get part of the supplies needed. There are things that a person cannot get at the pharmacy. I was told I would have to make a trip to a medical supply store to get the rest tomorrow.

She is eating very little. Enough to fill a walnut I am sorry to say. What she ate last night came up. She did slightly better today. Looks like I better go on part time basis regarding work. I don't feel comfortable with the situation.
social
-- J. R. R. Tolkien

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Sun Dec 05, 2004 3:13 pm

I don't blame you for being worried - unfortunately, they always try to get people OUT and home even if they shouldn't be because of the money issues. You might look into volunteer groups in your area that provide simple sitting services for the sick or elderly. We have a few groups like that around here - they are not qualified to give medical attention and they actually make sure you know that they WON'T do any sort of medical stuff, but they will "babysit" so to speak while the primary caregiver is at work. There are one's around here who do this free as a voluntary service, and there are some that are free but which are supported by local churches.

Stormy
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Soulz Tears
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Soulz Tears » Sun Dec 05, 2004 3:17 pm

Social, I apologize for a late blessing, but by the sounds of it you are still in need of them.... [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< ..as many as I can send your way....

Remember to try to meditate as others have said, centering yourself and your thoughts will make way for clarity while dealing with such a change in the home life.

Once again, blessings

All my best to you and your families.....

Soulz Tears
"Integrity takes effort, words and actions begin in the heart."

"Believing is more than acknowledging."

" YOU teach others HOW to treat you."

socialgreen
Level 5
Level 5

Post by socialgreen » Sun Dec 05, 2004 4:36 pm

Thanks Stormy for your concern. I have to miss work tomorrow to get the medical supplies. I don't know my way around the big city yet and I usually get lost like I did two weeks ago. Also, I discovered that I have to renew my drivers license as well. That office is way on the other side of the county. Thank you Soulz Tearz for the blessings.
social
-- J. R. R. Tolkien

socialgreen
Level 5
Level 5

Post by socialgreen » Sat Dec 11, 2004 8:03 pm

Oi! What a week it has been. Most of the week the wife hallucinated or slept heavily. The visiting nurse looked at her meds. One of the meds I was told by the nurse at the nursing home was a stool softener. Well, the visiting nurse said that it was blood pressure medicine. She took her blood pressure ant it was 70/54. Can you believe that? I said to her she is not taking that anymore because she has never had a problem with high blood pressure ever. A few days passed, and her own doctor agreeing that she not take those PILLS, she came out of it and became aware of her surroundings and was able to stand on her feet. Another thing the nursing home did was take her off her prednizone. My wife renal doctor said to get her back on it. I tell you I am glad I brought her back home.

Good news, I will be returning to work next week. I have arrangements with Community Resources which will pay someone to watch the wife while I work. I met the woman today and I feel comfortable because she understood my instructions. She even stayed around while I went out to get some needed supplies for the wife. I will have to work part time because that is all the hours that can be approved for the woman to watch the wife. She will do other things like cook, vacuum and wash the dishes. That is going to take some of the burdon off me. I am glad things are starting to turn around. It took time but the wheels are in motion.
social
-- J. R. R. Tolkien

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Sun Dec 12, 2004 7:09 pm

That's fantastic news! I'm glad to see that someone who actually NEEDS the community services is able to get them.

I got really angry reading about how they messed up your wife's meds at the nursing home. I don't trust nursing homes at all. When my dad was dying of brain cancer and had to be transfered from the hospitial to a nursing home / hospice we made sure that they knew he HAD to have morphine for the horrific pain - every three hours. He was transfered at 10 am, we weren't able to get to the nursing home until 6 PM. As we were walking down the hall towards his room we could hear him screaming in agony. They had "forgot" to order his morphine and it wouldn't be in until the next morning. They simply were ignoring him. Needless to say, my sister and I threatened to beat the living daylights out of the head nurse if she didn't "borrow" some of another patients morphine until they could get my dads.

Then, after my dads death, when the itemized bills started to come from medicare (the one's that aren't really a bill, just showing what they paid out) we saw that the nursing home had been billing for tube feeding supplements and care for THREE WEEKS after we had asked them to remove the feeding tube (yes, it was a horrible decision to have to make). We turned them in to Medicare for fraud and 3 days later we got a vicious call from the director of the nursing home. You know what we said ;)

Yes, it is a VERY good thing you have your wife at home! I will continue to keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.

Stormy
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Sun Dec 12, 2004 11:07 pm

I included you in my New Moon prayers as I said I would and hope the energy does come your way.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Soulz Tears
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Soulz Tears » Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:16 am

Hello Social,
I am thrilled that your able to have some assistance with your daily living needs and your wife's care.. I used to be a hospice in home nurse... it is a much better choice if able then nursing homes. I agree with Stormy, too many nursing homes defraud the health care for the sake of the almighty dollar and negelect those that are in dire need of care....SHAMEFUL to say the least.
My prayers and energy is with you as you re-adjust to having your wife home and getting things organized to a routine with her care and you returning to work part-time.
Time and patience are the most frustrating things, but you are a lot stronger then you know, you will make it through.....

Almost Yule, but all my best to you and yours.....SOulz
"Integrity takes effort, words and actions begin in the heart."

"Believing is more than acknowledging."

" YOU teach others HOW to treat you."

socialgreen
Level 5
Level 5

Post by socialgreen » Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:37 pm

Here we go again. My wife is back in the hospital. She faces sugery once again because the infection never went away nor is her body healing as it should. :-(
social
-- J. R. R. Tolkien

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:56 pm

More bad news :-( and I'm sad to hear it. I will continue to keep her in my prayers.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

socialgreen
Level 5
Level 5

Post by socialgreen » Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:30 am

Thanks Lotus! She will be going under the knife once again on Monday. Here we go again starting from scratch.
social
-- J. R. R. Tolkien

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:00 am

My thoughts and energy are with you and your wife, hope this time goes better than the last. [-o<
"Love like you've never been hurt."