Wife Will Remain in the Hospital

Kinda like a prayer chain ...
socialgreen
Level 5
Level 5

Post by socialgreen » Sat Nov 06, 2004 4:19 am

Yes, I have spoken with my boss and he has no problem with me working part time. On the other hand, I have to attend a meeting at the County Welfare office. They want to go over every record I have for the past 36 months before they pay the wife's nursing home care. ](*,)
social
If more of us valued food and cheer and song
above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
-- J. R. R. Tolkien

runewulf
Zodiac: Scorpio

Post by runewulf » Sat Nov 06, 2004 7:16 am

Beauracracy at it's finest, eh? ugh! :roll:
http://cajungypsy.blogspot.com

FyreGarnet
Level 17
Level 17
Zodiac: Aquarius

Post by FyreGarnet » Sat Nov 06, 2004 8:33 am

well, my spare energy, at least some of it anyway, will be going to you and your wife. Hope for quick recovery and that they pay everything you need them too. Otherwise, I hope that you win the lotto ;)

FyreGarnet
The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs want to smell everyone's rear and cats want every one to smell THEIR rear - unknown

Fairydust
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Fairydust » Sat Nov 06, 2004 9:39 am

The Lotto's a good this to win... I hope that too..^.^ Prayers to you and your wife
Saylin
<b>lets just let ourselves be what ever it is that we are</b>

socialgreen
Level 5
Level 5

Post by socialgreen » Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:27 am

Unfortunately winning the lotto counts as income and I would not doubt if every penny went to her care. The beauracracy for Medicaid simply put is that you are not allowed to own anything, small amount of money on hand, very little in a bank account, and you cannot have a loan of anykind. Good thing I know how to maintain my 1990 Corsica and keep it running.

This is why I support a national health insurance program covering all the people in the entire 50 states plus territories. I've been well versed to know that it would contain cost, lower the GNP in health care spending, would encourage research, work MRI's and other medical equipment 24 hours a day rather than from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday, Negociate to lower the cost of medicines and import cheaper drugs from Canada and Europe, and best of all it would not be for profit.

Of course I don't see this happening since the U.S. is now being dominated by neocons who are paid big money by corporations. Whatever the corporations want becomes legislation in the House and Senate and you better believe Shrub will pass them.

Sorry for the rant. The wife is improving a little at a time. I have not told her yet that she will have to go through chemo therapy. She is depressed for being in an old folks home and it is wearing me down to have to make the trip (35 minute drive) to see her and to remain there for hours. She has to regain her strength for the treatments in the near future. I talked to her mom about it and she said that Rhonda always been bullheaded and never did like being told what to do. For her sake she better learn how to be told what to do. Gotta go. Got to clean the house and then take off to Edinboro once again
social
-- J. R. R. Tolkien

runewulf

Post by runewulf » Sun Nov 07, 2004 8:49 am

Well, considering I am the CIO/CTO for an insurance company, I can totally agree that we need some kind of insurance regulation. I can't even begin to describe the kind of beauracrecy and general crap that I see on a daily basis, especially when it comes to big time insurance carriers like Clarendon and such. I don't know if I think we should go to national healthcare, as that would raise taxes quite a bit and most countries that have this have quite a few problems, like horribly long wait times and often substandard quality, but I think we should have a lot more regulation, both on insurance and on the medical field in general. Pharmacuticals and general medical services have horrible markups. Often times they are exponential. I know this because of where I work now and from supporting pharm companies in the past. It's riddiculous.

wassail

socialgreen
Level 5
Level 5

Post by socialgreen » Sun Nov 07, 2004 5:57 pm

Rune, I know the fears that are generated by the media and I find them half true. Countries with actual socialized medicine have lower infant mortality rates. There is no difference in the quality of care. Just a problem of delivery of service since their entire population is covered. They pay taxes in place of premiums but those taxes are far less than premiums. If they excluded 1/4 of their population they would be no different than the U.S. with no waits for elective surgeries and be able to generate profits.

Of course, socialized medicine or national health insurance will not happen in the U.S. So don't worry about socialized medicine. I would not count on the present health care industry being regulated considering it would be Red baited as a Communist plot.
social
-- J. R. R. Tolkien

runewulf

Post by runewulf » Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:22 pm

Yeah, but I would really like to see it anyway. Right now, the only major regulations are really pretty pathetic.

wassail

socialgreen
Level 5
Level 5

Post by socialgreen » Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:47 pm

Maybe one day it may happen but I see more deregulation and "Buyer Beware" sort of thing.
social
-- J. R. R. Tolkien

runewulf

Post by runewulf » Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:31 pm

Gods, one hopes it can get better

socialgreen
Level 5
Level 5

Post by socialgreen » Sun Nov 14, 2004 6:15 am

It gets darker before first light and who knows how many years will have to go by. The wife progress is slow but she is regaining some strength. I am starting to get use to living alone. I just bought the book The Book of Duidry by Ross Nichols. It was intersting to find references to the four elements which ADF does not use. This was a first glance look and it looks indepth.
social
-- J. R. R. Tolkien

runewulf

Post by runewulf » Sun Nov 14, 2004 8:33 am

Yeah, I have that one on the shelf too, but haven't read it in a few years. It was an interesting read though

I am glad to hear that your wife is doing better. Slow progress is much better than none ;)

One step at a time gets you there :-)

wassail und wunjo,
RuneWulf

Linny
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Linny » Mon Nov 15, 2004 7:59 pm

I'm late on this, but I will also keep you and your wife in my thoughts. I'm glad she's recovering, no matter how slowly. I admire your strength, and her courage in the face of this obstacle. Brightest blessings to you both. :hug:

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Tue Nov 16, 2004 5:41 am

I will continue my prayers for her and shall include your finances along with them. The snow moon is coming and I'll keep her in mind for it.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

socialgreen
Level 5
Level 5

Post by socialgreen » Sun Nov 21, 2004 8:16 am

Good news! :-D i believe the wife will be coming home in a few weeks. She is making really good progress walking short distances. She even lost weight (yechy nursing home food). The hole in her belly is starting to close up. After it closes I will take on the responsibility of caring for her at home. I done it for years. I figure she can do therapy at home rather than placing her in another institution. Home health care will also monitor her at home. At least I hope they do.
social
-- J. R. R. Tolkien