Hello all

The first stop if you're just starting out or just don't know where to go.
iriseyes
Level 6
Level 6
Zodiac: Cancer

Hello all

Post by iriseyes » Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:18 am

I am a newbie, to this forum and a new way of life.

I'm really excited about my new ventures. I have been doing some heavy research and have found many wonderful things that I knew deep within me.

I will share more later, just trying to get my foot in the door.

I am drawn to the Celtic beliefs, STRONGLY!!! I might add. It wells up inside me.
To thine own self be true.

Jescissa
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Jescissa » Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:29 am

A very warm welcome to you, Iriseyes :-D
"If you trust in yourself and believe in your dreams and follow your star...you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy. Goodbye." - Miss Tick, Terry Pratchett's Wee Free Men

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:26 am

Welcome, you will find lots of people interested in Celtic history here.

Looking forward to some posts.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

SageWolf
Level 24
Level 24

Post by SageWolf » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:35 am

Greetings and Welcome, I'm more shamanism then anything but before that I was eclectic for many many years, I still look at myself as a kitchen witch Shaman. So anyway pull up to the bar and have a drink.

SageWolf
To Error is Human, To really foul things up Requires a Computer.

unknown as far as I know

katsu
Level 12
Level 12

Post by katsu » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:18 am

Welcome Iriseyes,

feel free to look around and ask any questions you may encounter.
Katsu
/|\

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:26 pm

OOOOO Celtic spirituality!! You're my friend now ^_^ ;) :P

Céad Míle Fáilte!

Sagewolf, I assume Native Shamanism? Don't forget there is CELTIC Shamanism!!! *dances around like an idiot* And the two go so flawlessly hand in hand, Native & Celtic!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

SageWolf
Level 24
Level 24

Post by SageWolf » Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:27 pm

mostly native but I am not so sure just yet, I was just shown the way :lol: :lol: :lol:
To Error is Human, To really foul things up Requires a Computer.

unknown as far as I know

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:01 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's always the way with it! :lol: :lol: :lol: Even raised in a Shamanic home that is very traditional, every new Shaman that comes along changes it, goes beyond the bounds of "Tradition." I feel that is at the core of Shamanism, stepping outside of boundaries as you do worlds.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Post by forgotten oceans » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:16 am

Hi'der! Glad to have you aboard! :-D
Maybe now you're starting to understand that while I may have been born predispositioned to be pretty batty, my parents saw to it that it was a certainty and completely unavoidable. -Me

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:09 am

Welcome to our little neck of the internet woods :-D

Great books on Celtic Paganism/Shamanism are those by Cowen.
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

iriseyes
Level 6
Level 6

Post by iriseyes » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:30 am

Wow, all...

Thanks for the warm and great welcome..

I am new at this so if I sound stupid sometimes just look over me..

The first book I read was Practical Celtic Magic, Author Hope?? Simply a great book. And am reading more.. Just picked up "The Druids" I read hours and hours on the computer to.

I made comment about knowing this within me. Here is a breif history.

As child, I was very protected from all that was not visibe, heard and or religion. Im not saying it was strict or anything just I was taught that bad people go to hell, if you are a christian you go to heaven. I knew that there was more to this than meets the eyes. As, I was very enchanted feeling. In one instance, I found a ring of mushrooms about 5 feet in diameter, 3 feet from this was a ring of ceders, this was strange and very settling for me as this was my place, I would go there and sit in these two circles and created stories, my stories were of the middle earth. Some people were worried about me saying my head was in the clouds, I needed to come back to reality and so on.. After a while I quit visiting these circles and often find my self wanting to go back there just to feel how I used to.

After a few years I got into the baptist faith, so all that stuff I felt, seen, and knew were works of the devil and if I didn't quit I was heading straight to hell. Then I became pentecostal.. and wow, they really thought it was the devils work, so much so that a friend of mine that is wicca I didn't have anything to do with, the sad thing is she is my sole sister.. Very sad indeed. Now I have mended my fences with her and she is giving me reading for my journey..

As I read of the Celtic ways, I feel I know this inside me. Does this sound funny or familiar to anyone.. It is so familiar with me..

As I am new with this, I feel great comfort and wander why??? Could it be that I am Irish, my people were from Ireland..

I could see things most couldn't. Sense things out of our relm. As I was being taught, this had to be devil work, I worked really hard to block these visions, ghosts, and what ever else I would see out of my mind and kept it locked away for many years. I feel things about people, I see things in people. I can not believe I threw this away, what a wonderful gift I just threw out. Now these things are coming back to me.

Oh ya, my boyfriend (simply my soul mate) are going to do a hand fast I have done alot of reading on this and want to do more.. Any links???

Jescissa
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Jescissa » Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:47 am

Iriseyes wrote:Could it be that I am Irish, my people were from Ireland.
Could be :-D One of the many reasons I follow a Celtic path is because I am a Celt, descended from Celts, speak a Celtic language and live in a Celtic land...I could go on, but I don't want to bore you/seem like a know-it-all! :-D I think it's only natural to feel drawn to your ancestral heritage, a person with Celtic blood doesn't ever have to have set foot in a Celtic country to feel a connection with the culture.
Iriseyes wrote:Oh ya, my boyfriend (simply my soul mate) are going to do a hand fast I have done alot of reading on this and want to do more.. Any links???
I reviewed a book in the Book Club section called "Inviting Hera's Blessing: Handfasting and Wedding Rituals". It's very good and there are a number of Celtic rituals to be found there. All the best!
"If you trust in yourself and believe in your dreams and follow your star...you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy. Goodbye." - Miss Tick, Terry Pratchett's Wee Free Men

Aislin
Level 2
Level 2
Zodiac: Pisces

Post by Aislin » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:19 pm

Welcomeness!!!! *hugs and gives you cookie*
/|\ LOVE /|\

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:25 pm

Welcome. I know next to nothing about the Celtic path, as I've never been pulled in that direction.

However, if want to know something about the Japanese from a white woman's perspective, I'm definately your girl. :lol:

Seriously though, Welcome and yeah, I think most of us described our feelings on our religion as simply "coming home" when we finally discovered it. I certainly know that I did!

Keep reading and finding out more about it. And remember, we'll all here to help in any way we can (Especially CHL, she was my godsend when I first joined the boards). Oh, and don't be afraid of Ragnar, his bark is much worse than his bite, and goes down to nothing at all if you send him a drink. :lol:
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

iriseyes
Level 6
Level 6

Post by iriseyes » Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:23 am

Jescissa wrote:
Iriseyes wrote:Could it be that I am Irish, my people were from Ireland.
Could be :-D One of the many reasons I follow a Celtic path is because I am a Celt, descended from Celts, speak a Celtic language and live in a Celtic land...I could go on, but I don't want to bore you/seem like a know-it-all! :-D I think it's only natural to feel drawn to your ancestral heritage, a person with Celtic blood doesn't ever have to have set foot in a Celtic country to feel a connection with the culture.
Iriseyes wrote:Oh ya, my boyfriend (simply my soul mate) are going to do a hand fast I have done alot of reading on this and want to do more.. Any links???
I reviewed a book in the Book Club section called "Inviting Hera's Blessing: Handfasting and Wedding Rituals". It's very good and there are a number of Celtic rituals to be found there. All the best!

Oh my, I do not know it all by no means..
I just know that I have felt so different from people.. And my mother knew this because I went home for Christmas and found that the house I stayed the night in was haunted by a nice ghost, I knew her she was my step grandmother. Though, I was startled a bit I was not scared, after a while of hearing the noises she was creating I said, "That is just about enough, Im not having any more.", the noise then settled and was no more.. I woke up the next morning and my mom looked at me and said you look somewhat puzzled, I said Ya, Im puzzled I said do you sleep good here and she said yes, I sleep wonderfully, she smiled and said why, I said there was alot of noise. She told me that " I always knew you were sensitive to that sort of thing." To be honest with you all, it rather offended me. As when I grew up, I was being stupid and needed to come back to reality.. So go figure.

I deal with something in my apartment, but think I have it under control. "I hope".

My friend is helping me do research, and helping me find books and such, she has sent me a few websites to search on as well.

My intent is to hook up with others some from Celtic old ways, maybe some wiccans and others to really find my path.. I think I have found it but sometimes don't you feel alone in the world. "i have felt that way all of my life" and actually feeling like Im as some of you put it coming home.