Hello, another one to join the ranks.

The first stop if you're just starting out or just don't know where to go.
morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:40 pm

Lol, I know what you mean Stormy, my new car is my baby. I had to trade in my PT cruiser cuz, long story short, it was the biggest piece of crap ever. Anyway, I traded it in for an '02 2door Honda Accord that's so dark green it looks almost black. It has a spoiler and it's a v6 which means that it's much perkier than the other cars I've had. Anyway, it's my baby and I love it dearly. Just got a security system installed on it today too. Next thing will be new speakers when I have the money. :-D
"Love like you've never been hurt."

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:52 pm

PT CRUISER???? >___< NOOOO. I like Hondas, and my favourite colour, Morgana!!!

Myself, I'm looking for a good ol' Toyota Tercel right now, or Honda Civic. I am in love with my SO's Tercel (and his Porsche). I just want something that won't crap out on me :(

If I had infinite money, I'd buy a new Lotus Elise or a little Miata ^_^ I LOVE Corvettes, but they're so bad on gas... Goodbye Mother Earth :(
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Windwalker
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Windwalker » Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:15 pm

Welcome, hun!

And yes, most everyone's mad here. I'm mad, you're mad.... You must be mad, or else you wouldn't have come here.

(Forgive the paraphrasing! :-D )

And now I'm off to hunt a Snark.
si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

SageWolf
Level 24
Level 24

Post by SageWolf » Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:24 pm

ermmm WTF is a Snark?
To Error is Human, To really foul things up Requires a Computer.

unknown as far as I know

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:13 am

Hmmm. According to www.urbandictionary.com a Snark is:
snark

A snark is an alien creature in the popular game "Half Life". It attacks any life form on sight and is relentless. killing them with a weapon is the only way to stop them before they kill you. They can sometimes be used by an opponent in a deathmatch against you.

"I'm being attacked by snarks! Too many to shoot, gotta run for a ladder to get away from them!!!"
^____^ Gawd I love midnight surfing being BORED OUT MY MIND, TOO TIRED TO SLEEP, NO WORK TOMORROW O_O
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Windwalker
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Windwalker » Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:01 pm

No one really knows what a Snark is, save that they are hunted. The Snark is from Lewis Caroll's rather impressive nonsense poem The Hunting of the Snark.
si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:44 am

Wasn't it Lewis Carrol who wrote the Jaberwocky as well?

Damn. I would LOVE to find out what HE was on. :lol:

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:29 pm

Umm, welcome to the board, everryonce in a while, a newbie starts off somethign like this.

PT Cruiser LOL, we call them midget hearses.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:44 pm

Yeah yeah, everyone laughed it up about me having a PT cruiser. I just liked it cuz it looked different. I like different looking cars. I used to have a VW Beetle for the same reason, and if it wasn't so small, I'd want a Mini Cooper.
"Love like you've never been hurt."

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:29 pm

I want one of those tiny tiny 2-seater hybrids ^_^ I laugh at them every time I see them, because they are so different, but MAN they are cool! And different!!! Mind, if I was in a crash I'd be "Contents: One canned Crazy Healer Lady" (come on! Has no one watched Looney Toons???)
Crazy Healer Lady

forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Post by forgotten oceans » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:22 am

I know hybrids are supose to be good and all, but I can't help but like older American muscle cars. Older TA's, the 60's Mustang, Chargers, they're all so beuatiful. *sighs dreamily* Even the regular cars from the 50's and 60's, I just love the look and feel of real metal, not the plastic crap of today. The lines of the older cars were so defined like "Look at me! I'm here! Love me!!", not the little eggs or shoe boxes that have no personality. Not to mention the mechanics of the older cars, little if any computers, everything was so mechanical, every car was a little different then the others under the hood, your baby would have her own quirks, you knew what to do and how to do it, now, there are no quirks, no differences, they are all mass produced and put together by robots, not loving human hands.*sniff sniff* I miss the old cars. I miss the old times. Why did I have to be screwed in to being born too late?!? :crybaby:

Ragnar, in Carrol's day, who wasn't on something or other? ;)
Maybe now you're starting to understand that while I may have been born predispositioned to be pretty batty, my parents saw to it that it was a certainty and completely unavoidable. -Me

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:47 am

forgotten oceans wrote: Ragnar, in Carrol's day, who wasn't on something or other? ;)
Aye, kind of makes a laughing stock of the anti drug campaigners (Real drugs, not this modern chemical rubbish), who say it will ruin society.

Where would our art, literature and music culture be without Laudnum, opium, thorn apple (Dali and Bosch), among others?

As to cars, I want one of those six wheeled mercedes, like Hitler used to be driven around in, but were actualy made as a touring car in the 30s. OR a Duesenberg. 8-)

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:34 pm

Aye, kind of makes a laughing stock of the anti drug campaigners (Real drugs, not this modern chemical rubbish), who say it will ruin society.

Where would our art, literature and music culture be without Laudnum, opium, thorn apple (Dali and Bosch), among others?
Or absinthe.

The stuff they have around today is insane. If people aren't ingesting chemicals that cause instant cancer in their creation (meth, crack, etc), they're mixing household cleaners, drying them, and sniffing them, or snorting their antidepressants.

o_O

Even the harmless plants (pot) are nowhere near what they were 30 years ago. Bud back in my dad's day elicited a gentle high. Now, you're off your rocker and freaking out at the fly buzzing around the livingroom light.
Crazy Healer Lady

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:48 pm

Crazy Healer Lady wrote: Or absinthe.

Thats O.K, the French have no art, culture, music or literature. They would not miss it. :lol:
The stuff they have around today is insane. If people aren't ingesting chemicals that cause instant cancer in their creation (meth, crack, etc), they're mixing household cleaners, drying them, and sniffing them, or snorting their antidepressants.
Aha. Kind of puts a whole darker light on "The Truth" (Prattchet). :lol:
Bud back in my dad's day elicited a gentle high. Now, you're off your rocker and freaking out at the fly buzzing around the livingroom light.
Aye. I have had less effect of a thousand Psylocibe than I have of some of the haze that has been around the last 10 years.