ok i'm back

The first stop if you're just starting out or just don't know where to go.
lucas
Level 2
Level 2

ok i'm back

Post by lucas » Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:06 pm

hi
Last edited by lucas on Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:58 pm

Welcome back

Well, Latin is a language like any other - only dead (except in the Church). Just because it is the language of the Catholic bible doesn't make it evil. Most of our everyday words come from Latin. Scientific names are always Latin. :-D

It is hard when you start changing and your peers don't seem to fit right anymore. It's a sign of growth. My question for you is this: This "Dark Path" they say you are on... Is it because they do not understand your path? Or do they see shadow aspects rising up to face the light? Or are you really going down a path that many would call dark (one of introspection, etc)?

Try not to get to disgruntled or spiteful with the way things are. Everyone has what is right for them. Christianity is right for some. Not right for others. Have to admit a lot of good has come from it - and a lot of bad - which is the same as Paganism. It's all good. Genuine hate has no place in religion. I sound like a hippy, but love your fellow man, no matter how different, how unaccepting.

Not saying you should take abuse or bow down, should you be "asked" to, but take the high road :)

Good luck to you on your path! It sounds like one of those oh-so-fun transition times :roll: which I, for one, have come to dread as well as anticipate with joy. 8-)
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:00 pm

Don't forget, that the Romans were orginally Pagan...along with the Ancient Greeks. Latin is no more "christian" than the story of the resurrection. There was one Earth Goddess Myth whose favorite Mortal Castrated himself for her, and violets sprang from his blood, before he died. Three days or weeks (can't remember), she managed to bring him back to life.

Mars, Jupiter, Venus, Mercury, Juno, Vulcan, Pluto, Neptune were all Roman gods & goddesses.

Don't mind me, I"m a Mythology and Folklore junkie!
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

lucas
Level 2
Level 2

Post by lucas » Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:23 am

oh.
Last edited by lucas on Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Windwalker
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Windwalker » Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:52 pm

Hi!! :-D I like you!

You won me over with your Rincewind reference in the first line. I like Latin but it's a pain in the arse to translate. (I also thoroughly dissaprove of church latin because they Pronounce It Wrong, and I am a pedantic person for whom such actions are a cardinal sin ;) )
si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

lucas
Level 2
Level 2

Post by lucas » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:00 pm

I see.... =D>

lucas
Level 2
Level 2

Post by lucas » Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:23 am

thanks ever so much.