Yes, another brand new one

The first stop if you're just starting out or just don't know where to go.
lucas
Level 2
Level 2

Yes, another brand new one

Post by lucas » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:08 pm

A little background:

Briefly, I'm a refugee from the insanity out there. I tried very hard to be a good citizen- really! However, interactions with society at large- and especially with the capitalists- have left me more than a little bruised and confused. Their religions offered no comfort, encounters with their women resulted in a general distrust of females and their motives, and I , quite frankly, began to question my sanity.

Through a series of seemingly unrelated events, I was led to Oberon Zell's article " We Are the Other People " and the effect was immediate- about as sutble as a lightening strike- and I knew! I, too , am one of you.

HI

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:46 am

Hello Lucas.

Glad that you found us. 8-)

Well, if it is sanity you are after....hmmm. But Any one here for any length of time will tell you, there is no "back biting", and basically we are to be trusted. :-D

Things are normally nice and relaxed, and we tend to feel that we can tell all our successes, thoughts, and problems without bieng judged....to much :lol:

Please feel most welcome to get involved in our discussions. A new face is allways MOST welcome. It keeps us "earthed". :roll:

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:49 am

Welcome :-D Yup - this can be a real refuge from insanity - we're a great bunch here (and not afraid to say so lol). It's more like a family than a chat group. Looking forward to getting to know you and PLEASE, don't be afraid to ask ANY questions about Paganism you may have - if no one here can answer them, we can at the very least point you in a direction where you can find the answers.
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:07 am

I prefer to think of it as "a refuge from modern world impossed sanity" (Which isn´t really). :lol:

There is, I think you will agree, a difference.

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:52 am

I was going to say...sanity...here? And I thought I was fitting in!

Welcome to our little group, I really like your name and look forward to seeng some of your posts.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

lucas
Level 2
Level 2

Post by lucas » Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:52 am

Thank all of you for the welcome. All in all, this has felt rather like coming home after a long journey filled with many trials and tribulations. I guess the saying is true, that when the student is ready, the teacher will appear.

I'm full of questions, but don't know where to even begin. Maybe if someone could suggest a book or two? Another helpful website?

lucas

runewulf
Zodiac: Scorpio

Post by runewulf » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:57 am

Hailsa und wilkommen
http://cajungypsy.blogspot.com

lucas
Level 2
Level 2

Post by lucas » Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:10 am

Ragnar wrote:I prefer to think of it as "a refuge from modern world impossed sanity" (Which isn´t really). :lol:

There is, I think you will agree, a difference.
Too true, Ragnar. What passes for socially acceptable behaviour has never made sense to me. And all this time I thought I was the only one- where have you people been hiding?

lucas
Level 2
Level 2

Post by lucas » Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:13 am

runewulf wrote:Hailsa und wilkommen
And a good day to you as well!

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:24 am

We've been hiding here of course... Where else would we would we be?

Oh, yeah, perhaps outside... #-o :lol:

Anyways, welcome. "We are the other people", hit home for me too, and let me say, people give you the strangest looks when you use it on them.

Ask any questions you need, but before we offer up books, what sort of path are you on? I'd hate to suggest a nature huggy book, when you are more into ceremonial magic...
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

lucas
Level 2
Level 2

Post by lucas » Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:50 am

Kitsune wrote:
Ask any questions you need, but before we offer up books, what sort of path are you on? I'd hate to suggest a nature huggy book, when you are more into ceremonial magic...
Well..... I'm new enough that I'm interested in all of the above- maybe something dealing with Paganism in general ( is there such a thing? ). I'm interested in nature, magic, and feel a rather pressing need to explore Goddess worship. There, that should narrow it down. :-D

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:58 am

I'd suggest as a wonderful book just about paganism, Drawing down the Moon by Margorat Adler (please correct if I've got the authors name wrong). It's a great book on Paganism in the USA. Not much on Canada, :cry: , but still a great read.

I've found Gypsy Magic to be a great book on nature and a less ceremonial look at things.

Ummm, Anything ever written by Scott Cunningham....

#-o (Man, I wish I were that guy, everybody knows his name)

Let me know when you finish those and I'll check my personal library at home for others. ;)
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

lucas
Level 2
Level 2

Post by lucas » Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:04 am

Willow wrote:
Welcome to our little group, I really like your name and look forward to seeng some of your posts.
Thank you. I came across my name recently on a web site- it's latin in origin and means " light "- a much better fit than my given name, Louis, which means " famous warrior ". I guess I just got tired of fighting with
" them ".

Your name strikes a chord in me as well. How did you get it?

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:44 am

I am very attracted to nature, I am tall and thin like a pencil willow, but I always feel at peace under a weeping willow.

It is just something that speaks to me in its own way.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:51 pm

Welcome ^__^

Distrust in women... Hmm. Understandable, given the state of many out there, but I hope in time you can learn to trust that we are not all the same. :-)

I recommend Ted Andrews if you are looking for some good general Pagan books. He centres more around Native American Spirituality, but is amazing.

Hope you enjoy it here!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG