Alas, another newcomer

The first stop if you're just starting out or just don't know where to go.
xAutumn_Leafx
Level 2
Level 2

Alas, another newcomer

Post by xAutumn_Leafx » Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:59 pm

Hello all. I'm new here. I've been reading and researching quite a bit here over the past few weeks and I've just decided to post. Most things I've come across so far are very interesting and I must admit, I'm surprised and impressed of the respectful, non-judgemental and open-minded way everyone discusses different topics and beliefs. Which is part of the reason I've decided to join and begin posting. I'm new to my path, but not new to my beliefs. I've finally stopped ignoring them and decided to pursue and learn. Thus, here I am. So, hello!

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:38 pm

A warm welcome to you. Yes, we do try our best to make this forum a very accepting and open minded place. We have a rather unusal thing going on here - we can totally disagree with each other about some point and yet we can still discuss all sides of the issue while maintaining respect and love for each other. It's a rare thing to find at an online board and it's one of the biggest reasons I've been here as long as I have.

Now, that's not to say that we never have our "tiffs" but we always nip such things in the bud, appologize and move on :-D
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:40 pm

'allo. I wish you luck and peace and prosperity as you travel your life's path.

And never be afraid to ask questions.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:21 pm

Welcome!!!

I LOVE newbies!

That is the way it happens for many of us. We stop ignoring our beliefs. I didn't realize what I was - Pagan - until long after I'd joined this board. I knew my path, but I did not have a name :lol:

As Kystar said, don't be afraid to ask questions! I consider myself, well, not a newbie to this stuff, and actually more toward advanced (if you were to label these things newbie, intermediate, and advanced :roll: I hate labels ), but I still find I need to ask the stupidest of questions about some things that should be very basic and fundamental! We are eternal students.

Anyway welcome to the family!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:02 am

Hooray for the Eternal Students.

I hate it when people hear I'm pagan and have to label me with "High Preistess" or something so they can understand where along the path I am. :lol:

Welcome xAutumn Leafx, I hope we can help you along your path, and that you can help us learn and progress on our path as well. :-)
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:11 am

Welcome to the board. We do have our differing opinons but that is what makes this place so exciting. I am looking forward to your opinions on topics throughout the board.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

MettaPax
Level 5
Level 5

Post by MettaPax » Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:28 pm

\:D/ WELCOME! \:D/

Enjoy this wonderful place of Magic! outtahere: Mystery! [-o< and a ton of smilies faces to choose from!!! :lol:

Seriously though, love your avatar! ;)
Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.
-Yoda

"The path of true happiness is one of integrating and fully accepting all aspects of our experience." - Sharon Salzberg from "Loving Kindness"

xAutumn_Leafx
Level 2
Level 2

Post by xAutumn_Leafx » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:29 pm

Thank you all for the warm welcomes and the good advice! I happened to get off work early today (yay for system failures!) so I took some advice to heart and went to the public library. I couldn't believe all the books they had to choose from! Some specific ones I couldn't find, but I was certainly able to pick up a few that looked interesting. I can't wait to get started on them! And I tend to get carried away during my learning phase of anything, so bear with me, please.

I just feel so liberated knowing that there's a group of people out there, however far away, that may have the same beliefs I do or simply support me having beliefs other than what I was told I had to believe in. This is a very emotional journey for me, so it's so incredibly nice to know that I can discuss this stuff with people who will understand.

~Autumn Leaf

:brave: Jumping on the bandwagon of evil smilies... this is probably the last one you'll ever see from me!
"The richness I achieve comes from Nature, the source of my inspiration." ~ Claude Monet

"Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens." ~Carl Jung

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:33 pm

It's okay. I get carried away, too. I can't tell you how many times I am told to just shut up about my latest interest. :oops: Mind, I think people just are too judgemental ;) because I listen endlessly to ramblings.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Post by forgotten oceans » Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:35 am

A little late, but hello and welcomes!!!!!
Maybe now you're starting to understand that while I may have been born predispositioned to be pretty batty, my parents saw to it that it was a certainty and completely unavoidable. -Me

MettaPax
Level 5
Level 5

Post by MettaPax » Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:35 am

xAutumn_Leafx wrote:Thank you all for the warm welcomes and the good advice! I happened to get off work early today (yay for system failures!) so I took some advice to heart and went to the public library. I couldn't believe all the books they had to choose from! Some specific ones I couldn't find, but I was certainly able to pick up a few that looked interesting. I can't wait to get started on them! And I tend to get carried away during my learning phase of anything, so bear with me, please.

I just feel so liberated knowing that there's a group of people out there, however far away, that may have the same beliefs I do or simply support me having beliefs other than what I was told I had to believe in. This is a very emotional journey for me, so it's so incredibly nice to know that I can discuss this stuff with people who will understand.

~Autumn Leaf

:brave: Jumping on the bandwagon of evil smilies... this is probably the last one you'll ever see from me!

\:D/ YAY LIBERATION! \:D/

Gosh... :roll: you bring back memories... :-D I remember when it was all fresh and new and exciting and even a little scary. ;) I commend you for listening to your heart and choosing to dive into your path... =D> I can gaurentee that by taking these steps along your own spiritual path you will be all the better in your life! :-D

=D> YAY YOU! =D>

I look forward to watching you grow! :sunny:
Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.
-Yoda

"The path of true happiness is one of integrating and fully accepting all aspects of our experience." - Sharon Salzberg from "Loving Kindness"

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:03 am

Crazy Healer Lady wrote: I LOVE newbies!
But I could not eat a whole one. :lol:

Any way G'day Autumn leaf. Glad you found us. Look foreward to reading your posts.

high-tech redneck
Level 4
Level 4

from one newbie to another

Post by high-tech redneck » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:37 am

i have not been in here recently so i have been missing a few things. sorry for the late welcome. this is the best group of people i have come across in a long time.so sit down hang on to your comp cause it's going to be a fun ride. :lol:
May the sacred mother hold you and keep you safe always.
http://www.myspace.com/bckwoods