From the pagan formerly known as Jennicat

The first stop if you're just starting out or just don't know where to go.
MettaPax
Level 5
Level 5

From the pagan formerly known as Jennicat

Post by MettaPax » Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:51 am

Hi kids! :-D

Been far too long, I know. #-o But life has delivered to my path many harsh obstacles and challenges which have been most time consuming and draining, in deed! ;)

Most recently and effecting, I have been struggling through losing my father. :oops: Last November he was diagnosed with bladder cancer, which spread. I was his care giver, being with him through all of it, even his death on March 17th of this year. St. Patty's Day :Luck: will never be the same for me again. I am doing okay but still very fragile from the experience. He was not only a parent for life but my roommate for nearly 15 years. :cry:

I now have a wonderful roommate. :-) She, along with her 3 kitties, and I, along with my 3 kitties, continue this "new to me" journey of life with hope and friendship. I have been very blessed to find her and am grateful for her presence in my home. =D>

As for the name change, :roll: well, we all change and grow into different beings over time as we walk our paths, =D> discovering ourselves and our worlds. [-X Noone is the same as they were a year ago. :-D Metta Pax is a name of expression for where and whom I feel I am today, in the now. For the curious: Metta is a Buddhist term meaning "Loving-kindness" and Pax is latin for "Peace."

I am hoping to visit here more often although as with all things there are no guarantees. ;) This forum was once, for me, a very tight community, an on-line family of special people willing to share thoughts and expressions to further their paths and proving that although we may be different, there is still love and respect for one another. =D> I look forward to the journey of rediscovering this very special place. :-D

I hope all is well in your worlds.
[-o< Blessings,
Metta Pax

Ps WOW! I sure missed those smilies! :lol:

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:34 pm

Glad to see you back - and would have known it was you (or suspected at least) because of all the smilies!

My deepest sympathies about your father - I lost my father to brain cancer on March 8th 1996 and I still miss him. Like you and your dad, we were very very close - best buddies - so I know a little of what you've been going through. The best advice I can give is to be sure and let yourself grieve - fully, completely - don't try to just push it away from you and say "I'm OK" because it will eventually catch up to you and you will crash hard - I know because it happened to me. And know that he is and always will be with you in some part, some way.
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

MettaPax
Level 5
Level 5

Post by MettaPax » Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:29 pm

Thanks Stormy! Great to be back! :-D

Yeh, I have crashed... :-( I start grief counceling next week. I think it will help to express things to pepole who have been there. I am sorry to hear that you have had this experience but grateful for your sharing it with me. (((hugz)))

See ya around the playgroud!

Metta :-)
Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.
-Yoda

"The path of true happiness is one of integrating and fully accepting all aspects of our experience." - Sharon Salzberg from "Loving Kindness"

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:16 pm

Welcome back!
I am sorry to hear about your troubles. Although I cannot share the experience of losing a parent, I lost my grandfather a week ago today after a long battle with Alzheimer's. I sympathize with your situation - and yours too, Stormy - and offer my condolences and also the option of PM or MSN if you need someone to rant to or just talk with.

Blessings, and wonderful to see another face around the fire :) This is still a tight community, and I'm not sure where I'd be on my path without it.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:09 am

I agrew ith all of the above, welcome back and my deepest condolances.

I hope the grief counselling helps. And I am glad things are working out with the roommate.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

MettaPax
Level 5
Level 5

Post by MettaPax » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:36 am

Thanks CHL! and Willow... glad to be back. I love this place! :-D

CHL.. I was looking at your newbie greeting and YAY YOU \:D/ for the novel and choice of life style. =D> You are living the pagan dream as far as I am concerned! :-D

Also, when I had a story registered with copyright it was only like, $30.00 or something, cheap! :-o So, I would suggest going the legal route to protect your novel, if you can. ;) What's it about??? :?:
-Yoda

"The path of true happiness is one of integrating and fully accepting all aspects of our experience." - Sharon Salzberg from "Loving Kindness"

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:07 pm

Why thanksies ^_^
I'm not living in that cabin yet :( Many years off now. My plans have drastically changed... :cry:

The story? It's about, urm, a guy, and stuff, and trees, and stuff... :oops:
:lol:

A product of my twisted mind :oops: I haven't realized how twisted, exactly, until I began reading it again with my man.
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

MettaPax
Level 5
Level 5

Post by MettaPax » Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:25 pm

Crazy Healer Lady wrote:Why thanksies ^_^
I'm not living in that cabin yet :( Many years off now. My plans have drastically changed... :cry:

The story? It's about, urm, a guy, and stuff, and trees, and stuff... :oops:
:lol:

A product of my twisted mind :oops: I haven't realized how twisted, exactly, until I began reading it again with my man.
oops... :-(

:-? Sorry to hear that, but the paths do twist and turn something fierce, don't they. I say =P~ "ONWARD!" and the PTB's say... :-D "no no, you get to THIS instead, ENJOY! and we love you!" #-o

Long ago I had a wild eyed dream of running off into the hills of Montana to become a healer for the local folk. But... things do change. :-?

"The story? It's about, urm, a guy, and stuff, and trees, and stuff... :oops:
:lol: "

You are soooooo cute! :-D
Sa'l right if you are not comfortable talking about your story. ;)
Good luck with it though! =D> I hope you still plan to do something with it :oops: Twisted is gooooood. =P~ Twisted is real goooood! :-D
-Yoda

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:33 pm

JENNICAT!!!!! Oops, I mean...Metta Pax!! Bear with me, you'll always be Jennicat in my head, so if I call you that, it's just cuz when I meet someone with one name, that name is forever attached to them, even if they change it. So anyway, I was just thinking about you the other day, and missing your smiley-filled posts! Glad to see you've come back, and I hope life starts smoothing out for you. :-D
"Love like you've never been hurt."

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:35 pm

Ah yes I am getting renewed confidence and plan to send it in for publishing when I get the gall. I need some major revisions, though. I noticed, after a few years of gathering dust, that it contains some, ahem, Xian Fundie bashing that does not make the clear statement that it is of Fundies. Heh heh... I'll not get away with this with an Xian mate.

You had dreams of running to the hills to become a healer? NEAT!!! We have much to discuss!! *creepy voice*
Crazy Healer Lady

forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Post by forgotten oceans » Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:39 am

I'm glad to see you back! I'm sorry things aren't going so well... You're in my thoughts and best of wishes! :-D Welcome back! :hug:
Maybe now you're starting to understand that while I may have been born predispositioned to be pretty batty, my parents saw to it that it was a certainty and completely unavoidable. -Me

MettaPax
Level 5
Level 5

Post by MettaPax » Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:28 am

:-o MORGANA!
*tackles with hugz*

:hug:

:-D Good to see you on the board... :-( hey, maybe you know? I haven't seen Rune Wulf or Wbdsr or White Harmony, etc., etc. around here... :-k do they still visit???

Missed you guys much! :-D You can still call me Jennicat... :lol: I was just thinking yesterday how much I missed it. :-?

Thanks for the greetings Forgotten Oceans!
:hug:
right back atcha! :-D
-Yoda

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:02 am

White_Harmony is still around. She actually left a post not long ago saying she is visiting sporratically, and is busy busy busy :)
I'm missing Runewolf and Wbdsnr :(
Crazy Healer Lady

MettaPax
Level 5
Level 5

Post by MettaPax » Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:08 am

YEAH! :oops: Where are those guyz!!!!??? :roll:

She must of had the baby! =D> What did she have, boy or girl??? :-o Names? :-( ACK!

See what happens when peeps go away for so long... :-( peeps have babies, =D> get married, =P~ buy brooms and things, #-o get jobs... EEKS! :rolleyes:

:-o And Rune Wulf... :roll: jeez... I miss him bunches. :-(

Thanks for the heads up.
-Yoda

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:39 am

Wbds had her baby, it was a girl named Serenity I believe. She hasn't really been on much since then, but with a baby I imagine she doesn't get much free time. Rune hasn't been by in a while, I suppose still busy with work.
"Love like you've never been hurt."