hey i'm new..

The first stop if you're just starting out or just don't know where to go.
Emylee
Level 1
Level 1

hey i'm new..

Post by Emylee » Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:43 pm

heh =p

should I give a brief intro?

I will feel free to skip over it =p

My name is Emylee.. I'm 17 and have gone to catholics college prep schools for most of my life. I've always been interested in learning about other religions. For the past few years every now and then I'll look up a little info here and there about pagan religions. I find it very interesting. =)

I'm not catholic... I wouldn't even call myself christian. Well, yes and no. I'm a very liberal person in all aspects. And yeah, age aside I'm very into politics. =p

I KNOW there's a God. I'm just not sure what He wants. He's there, I'd bet my life (or my pets lives even!) on it. I can feel him.. But I have a hard time conforming to society... Going to mass every week is something I do because I don't know of any other way to express my belief to him. Not because I agree with everything the catholic Church teaches.

Don't get me wrong, I understand more about the Catholic faith then most catholics do! But that doesn't mean I agree with it.

I'm just searching for God ya know? I just want that sense of belonging... I want him to know I care enough to explore all possibilities. I want to be able to look in the mirror and see someone who has the knowledge that most people do not.

I have dreams. I have very strange dreams that more then not come true. Literally dreams. When I sleep. =p Sometimes these dreams try to explain things to me that I can't understand. I think I can't understand because I don't know enough. I NEED to learn more about ALL religions before I can grasp the concept of my dreams. It's driving me insane. Maybe I am insane, who knows. All I know is that I trust my dreams more then I trust most people.

Maybe for some ignorance is bliss, but for me it's an illness. I can't deal with it. Some people tell me I have OCD. I just want to learn what's wrong with that?

Okay more about me and less about my beliefs. =p I'm gunna be a senior in high school when school starts up again. I plan to go to college and major in creative writing. I am a HUGE lover of animals and nature. I have two sugar gliders named Shadow (male) and Tala (female). I have a dog named Nemesis (female). They are what keeps me going sometimes. Oh, and currently I have a house mouse that is living in a tank in my room named Diablo. I caught him on a sticky trap and spent two hours picking him off. This was last night. I'm going to drop him off in the woods tomorrow if things go as planned. He's a cutie. I'll miss him.

I live for my pets. I had two die recently. My fire skink Lily and my betta Garnet. I was very depressed. I wanted to die. But I think I'm better now. I miss them so much.

Anyone care for pictures? =) I hope to learn from you guys and maybe make some new friends. Hopefully I'll be able to find 'my' religion.

hugs,

Em.

forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Post by forgotten oceans » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:13 pm

Merry meet and welcome!! You've come to the right place for god searching. :-D That's what brought most of us here, just looking for god and an acceptable way to show our love to 'em.

I think it's neat you have sugar gliders for pets!! My grandma had some when I was little, along with coons, squirrels, and other woodsy critters. Anyway, welcome.
Maybe now you're starting to understand that while I may have been born predispositioned to be pretty batty, my parents saw to it that it was a certainty and completely unavoidable. -Me

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:26 pm

:-o

Except for going to Mass... You perfectly described me many years back... Holy heck...

Well, uh, HI!!! Welcome to the boards!!! The people here are great! Ask us anything!!!

I want to extend an offer to PM me if you need any info, anyone to rant to, etc...

O___O This is seriously weirding me out... but not, because nothing is really weird...
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

lunaria
Level 5
Level 5

Post by lunaria » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:33 pm

I'm going to be a senior too! Rock on, class of '07!

Anyways, welcome to the board! I hope we can help you on your search ^_^
Hey look... I got a new icon....

So what if its Sailor Moon again? *shifty eyes*

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:05 am

I hope you enjoy your time here. We love helping each other find our respective paths and hopefully we can help you find yours as well!
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:09 am

Welcome Welcome fellow seeker.

Grew up Christian and still respect a lot of the beliefs but I find paganism completes me.

Feel free to join some conversations, we can always use new opinions.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:26 am

Welcome to the boards. This is definately the place to be if you are seeking your way - no one here will try to force feed you anything or tell you that you must believe "this way" or go to a very bad place ;)

What we will do is answer any questions that you may have to the best of our ability, point you to answers when we can't answer ourselves.

I too, was raised strict Christian (Lutheran for me) and I know how hard it can be to let go of ingrained ways of thinking - even when the Divine force itself is pushing you towards a more open minded understanding and your own heart knows it feels differently. The best advice I can give you about that as you continue to search for the best way for YOU to know the Divine is this: Religion, ALL religion, is a man made means of accessing/connecting with the Divine/God/Goddess/Unity - religion is NOT God/Goddess, only a means of knowing such. All paths lead to the same source.

I hope this will be of some help to you.
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Emylee
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Emylee » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:56 pm

thanks everyone for such a warm welcome! :) I like it here already. :-D

auramoonsongs
Level 3
Level 3
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by auramoonsongs » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:29 pm

WELCOME and if you need help just ask as we are all nice.

Aura
blessed be

Salvia
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Salvia » Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:16 pm

:duckie: Hello, from a fellow newbie! :flower:
I pledge allegiance to the soil of Turtle Island,
and to the beings who thereon dwell,
one ecosystem,in diversity,under the sun
With joyful interpenetration for all.~Gary Snyder