faces on the moon

The first stop if you're just starting out or just don't know where to go.
Victorine
Level 1
Level 1

faces on the moon

Post by Victorine » Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:06 am

Hi,

I am new to the list and so glad I found it.
After my mom passed on, I was laying out back under the evening sky, whining to the earth and skies of my loss. When I wiped away my tears of sorrow and looked to the moon, a beautiful woman's face appeared. I would say it was almost as she had a thin vail over her face but oh so sheer. Another night, as I again whined, a single cloud rolled in and it was a beautiful white long stem rose. I thanked the woman for the gift and treasure it still.
I now see many more people on the moon. Yet, I do not know why they appear.
I have been looking for guidance and hope someone can help.
Thank You for reading my message and for any guidance given.
Victorine

Salvia
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Salvia » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:24 am

Very sorry about your lose. Thank you for your lovely post. What a blessing to have been given! I have always found great comfort in the Moon and have understood when people call the moon "cold".

As we are all part of this Universe, it is a blessing to receive comfort from where ever it is offered. It is a credit to you that you were open enough to receive it.
I pledge allegiance to the soil of Turtle Island,
and to the beings who thereon dwell,
one ecosystem,in diversity,under the sun
With joyful interpenetration for all.~Gary Snyder

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:04 am

Welcome to our little online family. Comfort comes when required, I find... 'Tis very blessed that you were open to recieve this mystery.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

VoudunLady25
Level 2
Level 2

Post by VoudunLady25 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:48 am

I'm sorry about your loss :(. But good for you, the Goddess is coming to you in disguise giving you signs of comfort.

Don't classify your grieving as whining. Express your sorrows with all your heart, because its normal but when you say 'whining' its making your grief insignificant.

Anyway...welcome to Pagan Library!
Religion is like going to McDonald's. Why should I be enemies with you because you choose to walk and I choose to drive?

"Behind every great tyrant is God.."

Victorine
Level 1
Level 1

faces of the moon

Post by Victorine » Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:16 pm

It was so good to get replies... I will no longer whine too! I studied Metaphysics in my early 20's but now in my early 40's, I feel the need to get regrounded with my beliefs and be responsible for what I have learned.
Over the years, I have heard voices but I am not able to make clear what is my own mind wandering and thinking opposed to spirits guiding me on my path. Could someone share how they are able to know the difference. I give thanks for any guidance given.
Victorine

VoudunLady25
Level 2
Level 2

Post by VoudunLady25 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:13 pm

I've had issues with this ALL my life. Bascially what I do is try to relax, breathe and analyze the answers I get from spirits. What sounds like chatting,fast-paced thoughts, I attribute to me and my creative side and simple, slow-paced, soft thoughts that appear I attribute to spirits. Also, things that appear in my mind that I know I would probably NEVER think of, I classify as a message from spirit.

Eventually, you'll know the difference. I recommend doing some meditations and just clearing your mind before contacting spirits or the like. Its easier and less frustration ^_^
Religion is like going to McDonald's. Why should I be enemies with you because you choose to walk and I choose to drive?

"Behind every great tyrant is God.."

forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Post by forgotten oceans » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:07 pm

Welcome and merry meet! My apologies as well, but sit, get comfey, and stay a while, it's very relaxing here, like a mini vacation. :-D
Maybe now you're starting to understand that while I may have been born predispositioned to be pretty batty, my parents saw to it that it was a certainty and completely unavoidable. -Me

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:09 pm

Like Voudun said, it comes with time. You'll learn to distinguish. It takes a while... Some things to watch out for: sentences that pop into your head that you wouldn't normally think. (sounds obvious, but pay attention and you may be surprised!)

And a heart-felt welcome as well! :-D
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:10 am

Oops, I missed this one.

Welcome and merry met, I am sorry about your loss. But I am glad you are growing through it.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)