New to the site

The first stop if you're just starting out or just don't know where to go.
crone80
Level 1
Level 1

New to the site

Post by crone80 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:19 am

Hello to all, I'm new to this site and looking forward to making lots of new friends and of course learning learning and learning. I've been pagan for years although I tend to hide alot as I live with a fundie husband. Even so I enjoy any contact with folks of similar interests and paths. I live in a tucked away corner of the Washington coast (usa) and tend to be a bit of a hermit and wood walker. My best friends are my family and four footed house mates. Very happy to have found this community. :-D

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:28 am

Welcome,
some of us know what it is like to hide from fundie families.

I am looking forward to hearing more about you and your path!
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Salvia
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Salvia » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:14 am

Hello from a fellow Newbie! I'm a bit of a hermit too- it seems to run in my family! It must be hard hiding a part of you from your husband. My parents are fundie, so I hide that part from them. Too bad, but they just wouldn't understand.
I pledge allegiance to the soil of Turtle Island,
and to the beings who thereon dwell,
one ecosystem,in diversity,under the sun
With joyful interpenetration for all.~Gary Snyder

high-tech redneck
Level 4
Level 4

clueless

Post by high-tech redneck » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:50 am

what do y'all mean by "fundie" ?
this may seem like a dumb quetion but i have just resently have decided to walk my own path instead of the one my father raised me to walk. i have not yet heard of some of the terms used .

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:45 pm

fundie refers to a Fundamentalist Christian - the worst type ;)

Crone, a warm welcome to you and blessings for having the strength to be in a situation where you can't tell your husband about your beliefs. That must be VERY difficult!
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:45 pm

WELCOME!!!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

crone80
Level 1
Level 1

thanks

Post by crone80 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:07 am

Can't tell you how happy I was to see all the welcomes. To all who mentioned it, yes it is difficult to live with people you must hide important parts of yourself from, but if you love them it works out. Yes even the hard core born again need and respond to love. I have learned most every thing from books and the wood and water around me so my path is not very traditional I think. Thanks again
Silver hair proves that to be old is to be kissed by the moon (unknow author)

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:51 am

I beg to differ!! Sounds very traditional ^__^ Even among "covens" and other groups, apprentices were taught to learn from the woods, to hear the lessons from the stones and the trees themselves. I think it is amazing. And how wonderful that you can live and love your husband even with differing and (in the case of fundamentalism of both religions) conflicting faiths.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Post by forgotten oceans » Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:32 am

Welcome!! I admire your strength to love someone so much as to put aside religious differences. Congrats and blessings! I look forward to many posts form you. ;)
Maybe now you're starting to understand that while I may have been born predispositioned to be pretty batty, my parents saw to it that it was a certainty and completely unavoidable. -Me

Windwalker
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Windwalker » Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:14 pm

Hello from a fellow newbie ^_^ I learn the same sort of way as you, so my beliefs are rather hodge-podgey