Just introducing myself

The first stop if you're just starting out or just don't know where to go.
Earth Daughter
Level 2
Level 2

Just introducing myself

Post by Earth Daughter » Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:42 am

Hi! I'm new here, and pretty new to paganism too. I've been learning about it for a while (around 6 months, give or take a little). Though I'm not fully Wiccan, it does form the basics of my spirituality at this point.
I don't want you to think that I'm one of those people who just heard of it and thought it sounded cool, because I've put serious thought into this and researched other religions as well, though I've only scratched the surface of what's all out there. I've looked into Christianity, Buddhism, Agnosticism, Atheism and now Wicca.
I work with an animal guide and i do some ritual work, though I don't work with spells (I don't feel that I've learned enough yet).
Well, that's my introduction to moi, hope you enjoyed (and didn't fall asleep, drool is bad for key boards :-D )
Blessed Be!
Always forgive your enemies - Nothing annoys them so much.

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:36 am

Welcome!!

I saw your sign-in name yesterday and was hoping you would introduce yourself!

This is a very fun part of the journey. It is of self-discovery (although the entire journey is of self-discovery).

The people here are wonderful. Any questions, any stories, all will be answered and treated with respect, and no one is belittled for being a newbie. We are all perpetual students.

I actually started out around where you are, except after I left Catholicism and Athiesm, I didn't check out others. I went straight to the forest behind my house and called it Divine, where I felt there truly was divinity, and found out that spirituality was Pagan.

Good luck on your journey!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:37 pm

welcome to the family,

we love searchers here. Like CHL said, we are all perpetual students (some of us perpetuate more than others).

Hope you enjoy it here!
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Salvia
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Salvia » Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:01 pm

Hello, Earth Daughter! I am new here too and excited to learn and share where I can. :-D
I pledge allegiance to the soil of Turtle Island,
and to the beings who thereon dwell,
one ecosystem,in diversity,under the sun
With joyful interpenetration for all.~Gary Snyder

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:42 pm

Glad you joined us - this is a wonderful place to learn about any aspect of paganism - there is always sure to be someone who can either answer your question or who can direct you to information that can.
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:59 am

Welcome. Glad you could join our online family. Ask all the questions you need... We're all here to help you learn, and hopefully we'll learn and grow in the process too!
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

crone80
Level 1
Level 1

Post by crone80 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:37 am

hello Earth Daugher, I'm also new here and looking forward to knowing you and all the others.
Silver hair proves that to be old is to be kissed by the moon (unknow author)

forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Post by forgotten oceans » Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:28 am

Hi'der!! *waves* Welcome and merry meet! Glad to see a new face in the group. Pull up a seat and set a spell, you'll be here for hours and not even know it, at least, that's how it was with me, huh, still is. Anywhoooo, enjoy your stay! :-D
Maybe now you're starting to understand that while I may have been born predispositioned to be pretty batty, my parents saw to it that it was a certainty and completely unavoidable. -Me

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:38 pm

Welcome Earth Daughter, I love the avatar! I have a tapestry with that celtic knotwork design hanging in my bedroom, love it! :-D
"Love like you've never been hurt."