fledgling pagan

The first stop if you're just starting out or just don't know where to go.
high-tech redneck
Level 4
Level 4

fledgling pagan

Post by high-tech redneck » Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:30 am

looking for people in everett,wa.or a web site/message board/blog site for local pagans.

my wife of 5 years and i have recently seperated and i am on my own to learn about pagan practices and where i belong. i was raised chritian but have always felt there was somthing more.i belive that there is a higher power cause this journy we call life did not just happen by accedent. most of the stuff i have been reading has been mostly geared towards a mixture native shaman's and wicca shaman's.
my recent seperarion has set me on a path to find my self again and i do not know where to start.

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:53 am

well welcome and good luck, you will learn lots here and probably laugh a bit too.

Merry meet HTR (your new short formed name) :)
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:13 am

Welcome!! I am sorry for your separation. I do not know any links for pagans in your area. However, without pagan support and teachers in real life, this place has been a haven for me and many others. I have learned more in the months I have "lived" here than I ever thought possible. The people are fantastic, and we have a healthy mix of newbies to the paths, "experts," and people everywhere inbetween. Overall, we are always students, always learning, always growing.

Good luck to you.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:51 pm

Take a look on the boards. We've had quite a few interesting discussions, and ask all the questions you have of us. I don't think anyone here is actually afraid to state their opinion as many times as they have to.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:18 pm

I don't think anyone here is actually afraid to state their opinion as many times as they have to
:lol: :lol: :lol: And so far no trouble!!! (Or, not much) I think it says something when outspoken people like the ones here can get together and disagree without any flaming.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

high-tech redneck
Level 4
Level 4

out spoken is good. i like straight up.

Post by high-tech redneck » Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:37 pm

well the first thing i would need to do is learn how to meditate. how does one reach such a state to do the things they want to do?

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:08 am

Hello, and welcome. :-)

If you go to "Magick and energy use", there is a sticky, explaining the basics of breath meditation. If I remember, it is the first thread on the list.

It is written by Runewulf, who knows his stuff. May be that could help for starters. ;)

high-tech redneck
Level 4
Level 4

thank's

Post by high-tech redneck » Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:12 am

cool , thanks for the info .

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:07 pm

On Meditation, I feel I should mention that although most can meditate this way, some (like me, or perhaps I'm just lazy :lol: ) have trouble meditating that way. There's another thread on the same thread that explains how a few others meditate as well. Can't remembert the name though, sorry.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

high-tech redneck
Level 4
Level 4

Post by high-tech redneck » Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:34 pm

yea i saw a couple of other technique's have not made it through the whole post yet bouncing back and forth between laundry,setting up my bed room and the computer. thank you for the info.

Rev. Asher
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Rev. Asher » Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:52 am

well hello high-tech redneck, have a friend that also uses that name on yahoo. well anyway, I'm from aberdeen, wa and I've got some local links for ya!

Everett Pagan Meetup

Seattle Pagan Meetup

Twin Harbors Pagan Meetup, the one I go to

crone80
Level 1
Level 1

Post by crone80 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:55 am

Oh my good Goddess, Rev. Asher we're almost neighbors. I was raised in Raymond and now live in Port Angeles. Wow!!! How totally good is it to find people so close, I checked out your twin harbors site and hope to attend some of the activities as time and life allows. I'm so excited to meet you. Do you have any contacts in the Port Angeles area? I've felt so isolated for so long and there you are with a community of others within driving distance. Wow I'm thrilled.[/code]
Silver hair proves that to be old is to be kissed by the moon (unknow author)

high-tech redneck
Level 4
Level 4

need to find more people.

Post by high-tech redneck » Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:09 am

so where is Aberdeen anyway . it sounds like y'all are out on the peninsula some where.

oh sorry how rude of me .
welcome to the library crone80 .

Rev. Asher
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Rev. Asher » Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:23 pm

crone80 wrote:Oh my good Goddess, Rev. Asher we're almost neighbors. I was raised in Raymond and now live in Port Angeles. Wow!!! How totally good is it to find people so close, I checked out your twin harbors site and hope to attend some of the activities as time and life allows. I'm so excited to meet you. Do you have any contacts in the Port Angeles area? I've felt so isolated for so long and there you are with a community of others within driving distance. Wow I'm thrilled.[/code]
Sadly I know absolutely no one in the Port Angeles Area... it is a bit far from me lol. And I haven't had a reason to visit either. I'm glad to hear that you might be coming to a meetup. Our next one is on Saturday. We're celebrating Litha. We're having a Norse Litha and I get to invoke Sif. I'm excited.

Anyway, Tech, Aberdeen is on the coast by Ocean Shores.