Youngest Newbie Here!

The first stop if you're just starting out or just don't know where to go.
VoudunLady25
Level 2
Level 2

Youngest Newbie Here!

Post by VoudunLady25 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:15 pm

Hi, guys. Greetings from Canada! I just joined the Pagan library after doing a long life search from spirituality. A bit drastic for a 14 year-old but hey. :-o

I was brought up Christian and still retain a part of that religion, but for the most part I am pagan. I remember thinking to myself as a little girl "Who am I?" "Where did I come from?" "Yes, when we die we go to heaven, but what MORE is out there?" The Bible seemed so incomplete and I couldn't really relate to a lot of things in there. Then lo and behold I discovered Sylvia Browne (the psychic, yes, yes, I'm getting to the pagan part soon). She introduced me to a whole world of spirit guides, guardian angels, an intricate view of the "Other Side" and my favourite..the feminine principle. When I discovered my inner goddess, I felt complete.

There was finally an archetype woman I could relate to, confide in and worship without fear of idolatry. I call mine Azna. I prefer not to refer to the other European goddesses as my deity, because it conflicts a bit with my Afro-Caribbean roots. A huge reason why I chose to follow the ancient religion of Voudun (a. k.a Voodoo) instead of Wicca. Wicca seems like an amazing pagan religion, but its not the right one for me.

Well, that's my two cents. I look forward to conversing with everyone else on the forum!
Religion is like going to McDonald's. Why should I be enemies with you because you choose to walk and I choose to drive?

"Behind every great tyrant is God.."

Paganlight
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Paganlight » Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:27 pm

Welcome to Pagan Library, VoudunLady25! (Can I call you VN?) Congratulations on finding your path so young! I'm only a few years older than you (though 20 may seem far off when you're 14, believe you me it passes far too quickly), and it took me a while to find and settle into my beliefs. You'll find a lot of chatter on here, and a lot of very knowledgeable people ready and willing to answer any questions, so don't hesitate to ask.

Blessings,
PL
"ǽr notian ond æfteryld céosan ǽghwæðer, gehwilc gesælan of árweorðung gān begeondan gelǽran and gelust."
("Till use and old age accept them, and all chance of valour has gone beyone recall or desire...")

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:45 pm

Hello and welcome, fellow Canadian!!!

I'm a youngin' too. Shhhh. Don't tell anyone. I'm Paganlight's age :oops:
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:33 pm

Am I still a youngin'? Being 26 and all...

Welcome! Looking forward to hearing you around the boards.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:57 pm

You're still a youngin' ^______^

I sometimes forget my age. I often find myself about to tell people that I am in my thirties... :oops:
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:16 am

Heres Grandfather speaking :-D .

Hey, welcome. Hope you enjoy the place. We do. ;)

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:44 am

Well, if hes grandfather, does that mean I get to be the crazy Aunt muttering crazy stuff, sitting in the corner in my rocking chair, giving anyone who looks my way the evil eye?? lol

Welcome to the boards! I hope you enjoy your stay with our little online family :-D
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Post by davisherm » Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:26 am

Ragnar wrote:Heres Grandfather speaking :-D .

Hey, welcome. Hope you enjoy the place. We do. ;)
I thought you were the crazy uncle that nobody talks about?

Seriously though, Welcome to the library! As you can see, we are a lot like family. We have a couple younger members like yoursef. They pop in from time to time and are always a breath of fresh air to us oldsters... Not that I'm an oldster... I'm just older. Yeah. :-?

:-D Anyway, welcome to the Library! :-D
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

VoudunLady25
Level 2
Level 2

Post by VoudunLady25 » Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:10 pm

Thank you, guys. I actually have some slight corrections to make. I talked to my mom about this whole pagan stuff and she said it was fine, but she didn't want me attaching myself too quickly to religions.

She said I should just study at my age, and then choose later. Plus, Voudun is a very complex religion which requires a community and an expert guardian for newbies. Voudun also involves A LOT of different spiritual entities that 'possess' the body for a while, during rituals. Some of these spirits are tricky, so they can end up hurting you if you're not careful.

So for now, I have to study Wicca. It seems very interesting and could possibly be for last and final calling. But who knows?

Voudun, is also the Yoruba word for 'mystery', so you can see me as Mystery Lady ^_^
Religion is like going to McDonald's. Why should I be enemies with you because you choose to walk and I choose to drive?

"Behind every great tyrant is God.."

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:30 pm

You are lucky that you have such an understanding Mother. Also very wise.

Some one, I feel, worth listening to. ;)

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:23 am

white_harmony Posted:Well, if hes grandfather, does that mean I get to be the crazy Aunt muttering crazy stuff, sitting in the corner in my rocking chair, giving anyone who looks my way the evil eye?? lol
Heyyyyy... that's MY job!
:lol:
Crazy Healer Lady

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:40 pm

I certainly agree with your mother. At 14 you should study and find your path... Besides, I've only personally met maybe anyone who's stayed on the path they started with originally. However, if Voudoun (hope that's spelled right) is what you would prefer to study, at least take a scholarly look at it while you're trying to find your path.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

scoia
Level 7
Level 7

Post by scoia » Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:27 pm

Welcome!

Good on you for exploring your historical/family roots when considering what's comfortable for you. Not everything has to be the same. :-D
First they ignore you.
Then they laught at you.
Then they fight you.
Then you win.
--Ghandi

forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Post by forgotten oceans » Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:18 pm

Hello and welcome!! It'll be nice to hear the voice of someone into Voudoun, as I've never met anyone of that background. But yes, kick off your shoes and pull up a chair. :-D
Maybe now you're starting to understand that while I may have been born predispositioned to be pretty batty, my parents saw to it that it was a certainty and completely unavoidable. -Me

Fairydust
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Fairydust » Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:52 pm

hellou voudunlady. let me let you in on a little secret. I'm pretty young as well. actually as young as you. although I've been pagan for quite a while now. still learning though. always learning. heh. its nice knowing there's other young-ins. the pagans my age that i know are...well some of them i LOVE (like my friend cinelea if you all remember) and others i feel are going through a phase. but that's OK. that's the brilliance of being enlightened at a young age, your aloud 6to go through phases more often you know, find whats right for you. heh. well any ways. a wee bit off topic there. its Nice to meet you. oh and actually i am going to Montreal in a few weeks for spring break. simply cause I'm learning french. <3

well merry meet voundunlady!
<b>lets just let ourselves be what ever it is that we are</b>