Hello, I thought I'd introduce myslef

The first stop if you're just starting out or just don't know where to go.
HappySoup
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I thought I'd introduce myslef

Post by HappySoup » Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:27 pm

My name is Elizabeth,

At 12 I found Wicca very well suited my beliefs and experiences and at 14 I noticed myself loosing touch with those experiences and feelings to make room for new gods I had not yet met, and new practices I did not feel so comfortable with. Four years later I have found that living so spontaneously and completely by my own intuitions has left me confused and much less prepared to deal with what comes my way.

I feel I have done an admirable job making sense of my world, and my experiences. I want to try hard never to lose touch with my own perceptions again, however as I discover more and more, my world is beginning to make less sense, and I hope that by communicating with everyone here, I will be able to find my footing.

Elizabeth

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:42 pm

Welcome!! Welcome!!! I hope you enjoy it here!!! A fellow Canadian!!

You will find your footing. We are always learning, always changing, always in search of truth. Good luck to you. If you need someone to chat with or rant to, feel free to PM me. :-)
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Post by davisherm » Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:32 am

Welcome to our little corner of the web.

You have to stay in the Canadian room with all the other crazy canooks. :lol:

Just kidding. Make yourself at home, pull up a chair, and put your feet up on the table. We're all a bit like family here. Feel free to ask any questions you have and don't be shy.

Blessings.
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:28 pm

We have a Canadian Room...Darn wish I'd known that earlier... :lol:

Welcome fellow Canadian! We're all here for you. Ask what you need and hopefully one of us will be able to de-confuse you... at least for the moment.

Enjoy!
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Post by forgotten oceans » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:54 pm

Hello and welcome!!! Yes, yes, pull up a chair and get comfey! :-D
Maybe now you're starting to understand that while I may have been born predispositioned to be pretty batty, my parents saw to it that it was a certainty and completely unavoidable. -Me

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:26 am

Hello "Happy Soup". Fascinating name you have picked, by the way. :-D

One we will not forget in a hurry, I suspect.

Well, hope you enjoy it here. We all do. ;)

By the way, is Canada going through some sort of "Pagan revival" at the moment? Or has the Library started taking out news paper ad's in Canada? :roll:

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:47 am

And if Canada is going through a Pagan Revival ... CHL can I come stay with you? lol :lol:
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Post by davisherm » Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:22 am

I'm only about four hours from the border.

Maybe Sapphire and I will have to go visit Willow and spend some time enjoying the revival.

Although when I think pagan revival, I see a big tent laid out to face NSE, and W with a big, sweaty bald guy bawling out things like "For only $19.95, you too can be a friend of Diana! Diana loves you and doesn't want you to spend the afterlife in Hades! "
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:00 am

Sure, White_Harmony! You can stay here! It's the tiny corner of Canada where the sun occasionally shines. (We're rainforest ^__^)
Ragnar: By the way, is Canada going through some sort of "Pagan revival" at the moment? Or has the Library started taking out news paper ad's in Canada
:oops: Oops! Was I not supposed to? ;)
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

scoia
Level 7
Level 7

Post by scoia » Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:18 pm

Ragnar wrote: By the way, is Canada going through some sort of "Pagan revival" at the moment? Or has the Library started taking out news paper ad's in Canada?
Beat me too it. I think CHL's been leafleting the neighbourhood. It's all part of her master plan. Today, Pagan Library. Tomorrow, the world.

Hello Happy Soup and welcome. Err, what's so happy about your soup thought?
First they ignore you.
Then they laught at you.
Then they fight you.
Then you win.
--Ghandi

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:34 pm

I think CHL's been leafleting the neighbourhood. It's all part of her master plan. Today, Pagan Library. Tomorrow, the world.
*rubs hands* Mwa ha ha ha ha ha :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

Soon, SOON my pretties!!!! :badgrin:
Crazy Healer Lady

Fairydust
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Fairydust » Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:55 pm

welcome! sorry to make this short and well frank (for come reason i want to put the name kirk instead of frank. would kirk work hehe) but i know you will have a wonderful time here!

saylin.
<b>lets just let ourselves be what ever it is that we are</b>

HappySoup
Level 1
Level 1

Post by HappySoup » Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:56 pm

Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes,

I can feel that there is brightness in many people who post here and I'm feeling a lot safer just being connected to this site. I look forward to getting to know you all, and hope there will be something for me to contribute soon :). I used to feel that I had to discover everything for myself, I now see there is no shame in asking for help if it can be given.

Elizabeth

VoudunLady25
Level 2
Level 2

Post by VoudunLady25 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:02 am

Ahaha. Welcome HappySoup! And yes us Canadians are pretending to be a docile, peace-keeping and harmonious nation but it is our facade for now until we TAKE OVER THE WORLD! BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA :lol:

Ah... I need to stop eating sugar before bedtime..

Anyway, welcome HappySoup! Glad to see a fellow Canadian pagan in the vicinity.
Religion is like going to McDonald's. Why should I be enemies with you because you choose to walk and I choose to drive?

"Behind every great tyrant is God.."

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:48 am

You're absolutely right!!

Actually, starting to ask for help and info is one of the best steps, in my opinion, because it completely bashes your ego down a notch. And this is one of the best places to do it, I find, because you get so many GOOD opinions and they do not always agree and you aren't made to feel foolish or "newbie" if you have a simple question :-D I mean, I am not new to this stuff, and, at the risk of letting my ego flare and having to kick it back into the corner, I consider myself, you know, learned in some things, but the thing is that we are always learning new things and we can be on these paths a million years and still be like a child in kindergarten!!! We are all, in a sense, newbies, because we are always learning. Always learning! And it is brilliant! No one is a better Pagan, no one is a better healer, we are all just children trying to survive through kindergarten!
Crazy Healer Lady