Newbies Newbies Newbies...

The first stop if you're just starting out or just don't know where to go.
Fell Dragon
Level 1
Level 1
Location: That blur in the corner of your eye, you know, the one that disappears when you look directly at it.

Newbies Newbies Newbies...

Post by Fell Dragon » Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:58 pm

...And Newbies. Well, I guess I fit under that class... And when it comes to newbies I would be the newest of the new :lol: . I've been studying this site for, oh a couple of days :lol: And I must say, what I have learned so far is voluptuous. I find it difficult to turn away from the screen... Such knowledge. I am a definite beginner to this and I'm just trying to make friends to help me out. Pleasure meeting you all and I look forward to learning this wondrous path. I pray our paths cross in the future, and may nature entwine them.

P.S. I am only on line weekends, so if it takes awhile to respond I apologize deeply.
My Study Material:
-www.paganlibrary.com
-Earth Magic, by Marion Weinstein
-Discover Your Psychic Powers, by Tara Ward
-Witchcraft, Theory and Practice, by De Angeles
-Celtic Dragon Tarot, by Conway and Hunt

Paganlight
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Paganlight » Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:26 pm

Westu hael! Welcome to Pagan Library, Fell Dragon! Nice to see some new faces! Any questions (and I'm sure there'll be lots! ;) ) don't hesitate to ask. We were all newbies once, and you never stop learning.
"ǽr notian ond æfteryld céosan ǽghwæðer, gehwilc gesælan of árweorðung gān begeondan gelǽran and gelust."
("Till use and old age accept them, and all chance of valour has gone beyone recall or desire...")

Fell Dragon
Level 1
Level 1
Location: That blur in the corner of your eye, you know, the one that disappears when you look directly at it.

Post by Fell Dragon » Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:43 pm

Paganlight wrote:Westu hael! Welcome to Pagan Library, Fell Dragon! Nice to see some new faces! Any questions (and I'm sure there'll be lots! ;) ) don't hesitate to ask. We were all newbies once, and you never stop learning.
Indeed... Thanks for the pleasant greeting. I just had a tarot reading. I fear that I may be moving to quickly into this path. I asked if Wicca would be a positive choice. Lets just say the reading wasn't all that great. It had a few things on moving too quickly (But its so interesting) and I have two interpretations on the whole matter, one, I am choosing this path too quickly, two, If I take the path I must not be hasty with my decisions in rituals, aims, goals, etc. The past section of it was dead on though. Any advice?
My Study Material:
-www.paganlibrary.com

forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Post by forgotten oceans » Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:33 am

Hi'der and welcome to the boards!!! IMO, there are no masters, only ppl who have been studying/practicing longer and/or harder. I learn something new everyday and if I don't then I've been sleeping too long! lol :lol: Anyways, enjoy your stay, there's tons to read, so fix a snack and get comffey. ;)
Maybe now you're starting to understand that while I may have been born predispositioned to be pretty batty, my parents saw to it that it was a certainty and completely unavoidable. -Me

Paganlight
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Paganlight » Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:53 am

FO - agreed!!
I have two interpretations on the whole matter, one, I am choosing this path too quickly, two, If I take the path I must not be hasty with my decisions in rituals, aims, goals, etc. The past section of it was dead on though. Any advice?
My advice is that you have it spot on with your second interpretation. There are some who believe that when you decide to start this path you should spend a year and a day in study, to ensure that it is truly the right path for you. Once you're absoloutley sure, then you can go on to to rituals and magic etc. But like I say, I think your second interpretation's spot on.
"ǽr notian ond æfteryld céosan ǽghwæðer, gehwilc gesælan of árweorðung gān begeondan gelǽran and gelust."
("Till use and old age accept them, and all chance of valour has gone beyone recall or desire...")

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:40 am

Hi and welcome!!

Just take it slow and easy. Baby steps!! Not meaning you can't go out and buy multitudes of books!!

It takes a lot of trial and error, often, to find the path that is right for you. That is half the fun at the beginning. I think a necessity is having support from someone or a group of someones. Part of my support is this wonderful family here, and for some, this is their only Pagan support, which is wonderful, because with the wonders of the internet nowadays we don't have to feel like outcasts and freaks because we can find freaks just like us in say, Australia or Canada. ;)

Welcome again! Have fun!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Fell Dragon
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Fell Dragon » Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:05 am

Indeed... Thanks for the advice. Since you were talking about the Internet, perhaps I should explain my reading a bit more. It may open me to new interpretations. For my current situation it said I had the bravery of a young man, I had skill and power but I sometimes rush too quickly into the unknown. For my near past I had a lot of solitude and withdrawal from the world. For my far past it had alot of business, money and marketing (My mother works for the government). For my near future obstacles and influences I had skill, accident and fatality (Sounds wonderful doesn't it?). Then for my far future I had some misery and betrayal It also said about discretion (I'm on the Internet so I'm not as afraid of betrayal right now). For my hidden aim / goals it told of superficial desires and temptation to use for ill will. I cannot remember the other two, but my final result was the universe (Reversed), unable to complete what is started and lack of vision. So, I am wondering that if I take it slow, keep under proper guidance if I can learn this path, it truly interests me and I hope that I can be successful.
My Study Material:
-www.paganlibrary.com

Paganlight
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Paganlight » Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:55 pm

Like CHL says, baby steps. I'm one of those people for whom this site is the only Pagan support, and it's taken me about three years to find a path I feel truly settled on. My advice is - only do what you feel comfortable doing, do your research, ask anyone on her for advice, and if you think you need guidance on acertain subject,then again, ask.

Fell Dragon
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Fell Dragon » Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:06 pm

Paganlight wrote:Like CHL says, baby steps. I'm one of those people for whom this site is the only Pagan support, and it's taken me about three years to find a path I feel truly settled on. My advice is - only do what you feel comfortable doing, do your research, ask anyone on her for advice, and if you think you need guidance on acertain subject,then again, ask.
Thanks for the advice. Its good to know there's others out there that wish to help.
My Study Material:
-www.paganlibrary.com

Fell Dragon
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Fell Dragon » Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:13 pm

Crazy Healer Lady wrote:I think a necessity is having support from someone or a group of someones.
I must agree though I am slightly afraid. My reading told me to use discretion, It also told of disloyalty and betrayal. I would like to reach out to others but I fear the reading may come true should I do so. Any advice on the matter?
My Study Material:
-www.paganlibrary.com

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:31 am

Fell Dragon wrote: I would like to reach out to others but I fear the reading may come true should I do so. Any advice on the matter?
First Hello and welcome.

As to readings. I read runes for people, when I am in the mood. The whole point behind readings of any sort is they are NOT fixed things that WILL happen. Rather things to whatch out for, or be carefull of.

z.B I had one woman who had been told by an irresponssible crystal ball jockey, that she was going to have a heart attack.

Na, what did she expect at 1.50m and 170Kilo? Real perceptive "future teller" was that crystal gazer.

So, I did a rune reading. Which I told her what I have just told you. I also told her that the runes said to see a diatician, and that she should loose weight. All happy. Her Doctor, when she went after the runes "telling" her to, said she was about three months off a heart attack. But with the new diat etc she is still in good health.... I will rephrase that, today she is in good health, and 75 Kilo lighter.

To be fair to the "bollock pilot", I suppose she could have been trying to do the same thing, but in a pretty slap dash and irresponsible way.

So do not take every thing as the end of civilisation as we know it, just because a packet of prettely printed cards have said so. :-D

Glad you found us. There is NO ONE here that will lead you astray. Enjoy. ;)

Oh, and I only bite if you don't keep feeding me VERY STRONG coffee and beer. :-D

Paganlight
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Paganlight » Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:22 am

I agree with Ragnar on this one. It's like in LOTR (I'm a huuuuuuuuge fan in case you hadn't guessed... :lol: ) when Galadriel asks Frodo and Sam to look into her Mirror.
"What shall we look for, and what shall we see?" asked Frodo, filled with awe.
"Many things I can command the Mirror to reveal," she answered, "and to some I can show what they desire to see. But the Mirror will also show things unbidden, and these are often stranger and more profitable than things we wish to behold. What you will see, if you leave the Mirror free to work, I cannot tell. For it shows things that were, and things that are, and things that yet may be. But which it is that he sees, even the wisest cannot always tell."
Sam goes on to look into the Mirror, and there he sees his vision:
'Hi!' Cried Sam in an outraged voice: 'There's that Ted Sandyman a-cutting down trees as he shouldn't.........I can't stay here,' he said wildly. 'I must go home. They've dug up Bagshot Row, and there's the poor old Gaffer going down the hill with his bits of things in a barrow. I must go home!'
'You caannot go home alone,' said the Lady. 'You did not wish to go home without your master before you looked in the Mirror, and yet you knew that evil things might well be happening in the Shire. Remmber that the Mirror shows many things, and not all have yet come to pass. Some never come to be, unless those that behold the visions turn aside from their path to prevent them. The Mirror is dangerous as a guide of deeds.'
Oh,and Ragnar's bark's worse than his bite. Just keep him well-fed.... ;) *plies Ragnar with strong coffee*

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:30 am

Hmmmmm... I really do not like sort of bad mouthing someone like this, but I do not believe your reader has heard of the ethics of tarot reading. You do not tell and you do not see the bad things. You do not look for the bad things. There are many stories like Ragnar's where they get a reading that scares the bejeezes out of them, and then they get a reading from someone with ethics and they realize that the bad stuff was just a generalized symbolic interpretation of obstacles that they may overcome to reach a greatly rewarded goal.
My reading told me to use discretion, It also told of disloyalty and betrayal. I would like to reach out to others but I fear the reading may come true should I do so. Any advice on the matter?
Discretion is very essential, even on the internet. I share lots with these guys here, and shared more than I should have with my ex, which freaked him out. Other than that, I select carefully what I share with what I loosely call my mentor, because I ask her a lot of questions she knows quite a bit. She was the first one I told all my totem animals to, and I've only told one person since, which I did not like to do. I have found that if you blab everything about your practice, you really don't go too far. In the beginning you really want to tell how you did a spell and it worked or you were meditating and you were confronted by a spirit guide, but if you tell everything it makes it less sacred.

So, discretion is key, but there is a balance to reach, which takes quite a while to find in some cases. I've learned to ask my Guides before I share something if it is best left silent.

You need humour in your spiritual practice, and how can you really have that without someone else knowing that bit? It's okay to share some things, but the personal stuff is better left hidden. Listen to your inner guidance about what you can share and what you cannot. It can take a long time. Better to keep things completely silent while you are searching for what you can and can't.

That's my advice, :lol:.
If you need help with this, I offer the opportunity to PM me, or you can post it so you have advice from many people at once ;)
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG