Hello

The first stop if you're just starting out or just don't know where to go.
majickalman
Level 2
Level 2

Hello

Post by majickalman » Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:42 pm

Hello all, I'm new here. I know how forums work, but am new to spirituality. I just started really soulsearching about two years ago, and have been a little slow about it. I have always longed for something to believe in. I tried to find myself in Christianity a few years ago, but it made no sense to me, so I gave up quickly. But the longing was still there, so I discovered alternatives. I read a little about alot and Pagan, Wicca to be more specific, makes sense to me, so I have chosen to read about it and hopefully become comfotable in it. I have been reading things on the net about it and am ready for some real books. If anyone has any advice, it would be greatly appreciated [-o<
An It Harm None,
Do What Ye Will.

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:44 pm

Merry Meet and welcome to the boards!! Everyone here has a different perspective on life, and we all walk a different, if similar path, so there are people a plenty to help out with any questions you may have!!

Again, welcome to our little online family here! I hope you enjoy your time with us :-D

Bright Blessings!!
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:02 am

Welcome!

Pick and choose with spirituality, because nothing will ever be completely right for two people. ^_^ Lotsa fun.

For starters, what is it about Paganism that calls you, and Wicca in particular? Do you practice at all? Tell us about yourself :-D
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:55 am

Welcome to the boards :-D

Great books to start out with if Wicca is what interests you are those by Scott Cunningham - they are easy to read, very personable in the writing. But there is one other book which I HIGHLY recommend to go with them - Elements Of Ritual by Deborah Lipp. I am the sort of person who wants to know "why" not just "how" and this book was excellent at doing that. Most other books on Wicca & Witchcraft, including Scott's, will tell you "do this, this and that and do it in this order at this time" but they don't say WHY. That bothered me, it was as if they assumed you just knew. Deborah goes ahead and explains all of the whys.

Also, keep in mind that Paganism, by it's very nature is very adaptive to the individual. If, like me, you find many things about Wicca that you can relate to and which seem right to you, but you just don't like other parts of it that doesn't mean you have to dump the whole thing. Just incorporate those things that work into your own personalized practice.

If I had to make one very cut and dry explanation about Paganism I would have to say that Paganism is about relating to the divine in the way which is right for the individual.
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:32 am

Hello majickalman.
Welcome. I am sorry I can not advise books on Wicca. I leave that to my wiccan friends on this site. I am more Viking path.

I hope you find what you are looking for here. I am a member of a few sites, but this I count as my "living room". All good people, and we only bite occasionaly, like all good wolves.

I look foreward to hearing you (reading you(?)).

May your Gods/esses go with you.

scoia
Level 7
Level 7

Post by scoia » Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:54 pm

Aww, I don't bite. I maybe nuzzle in a confused fashion sometimes :-D

Welcome to the board, I look forward to your posts.
First they ignore you.
Then they laught at you.
Then they fight you.
Then you win.
--Ghandi

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:01 pm

Scoia, that was sickeningly cute.

I want to vomit bunny tails ^_^
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

katsu
Level 12
Level 12

Post by katsu » Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:10 am

All right CHL, i'll bite :lol:

Welcome Majickalman. Like Ragnar, i'm no Wiccan. But i can point you to several good books on Druidry...... :good:
Enjoy your time here.

K
/|\

majickalman
Level 2
Level 2

Post by majickalman » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:31 pm

By Godess, thanx for the warm welcome, it is nice to be here already.
To tell about myself would be a long boring story, that nor could I type in 1 box, nor would b interesting, so far.
The Basics; I am of Irish, Franco, and Native descent(most to least). I am Saggitarious. I believe in a higher plane, and long for embrace. I love the Sun but crave the Moon. I am highly interested in this type of path, but It's hard to practice. I'm smart and intuitive, but overwhelmed and confused. It's cold out here, the Holy Bible is unbelievable, and churches r scary! I need some warmth. I am 33/m/ME, USA. I hate money(and I don't like to use that word). The rest is very complicated!
It is very nice to hear from all of you and I look forward to further communications.
An It Harm None,
Do What Ye Will.

Maelroth
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Maelroth » Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:17 pm

Merry Meet and Blessed Be. We love in when new folks come in ( or us old ones that only get back every now an awhile :oops: :cry: )

As for books, hmmmm, Buckland's big blue book is a good a start as any and better than some. Remember that what you read is just that use your inner bell and your head :-D
Drawing Down The Moon is good for "history" of the "Modern Paganism" movement/rise by Margot Adler

May you find questions to ask and answers to them.
Not all who wander are lost-Tolkien

Religion is like a finger pointing to the moon, we must not get so involved in the finger that we forget where it points.

Maelroth B*B!

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:58 pm

Greetings.

Only two words of advice from this gypsy: Local Library.

I found 99% of the books I own on my path there...after plowing through a stack that didn't trigger any bells.

Oh well.
Good luck!
(Specific questions I would be better at asking.)
~K
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

majickalman
Level 2
Level 2

Thanx

Post by majickalman » Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:48 pm

Thanx for the points :-D I'll do some more reading and ask questions as needed :-? If I get any ideas, I promise to share \:D/
An It Harm None,
Do What Ye Will.

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Post by davisherm » Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:34 am

Sorry for coming so late, but Welcome! It's always good to see new faces. And a fellow northeaster!

I hope you enjoy your time here in our little corner of the web.

Blessed Be.
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

majickalman
Level 2
Level 2

Post by majickalman » Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:17 am

Just want to say thank you to everyone for all the positive energy I get from this. I love these boards and look forward to being part of it all. I'm having alot of positive experiences, both in here and all around me, It's awesome, I love life again :-D
I know I'm still new here, and to Pagan in general, but I feel so much enlightenment that I seem to understand alot already, if this is just the beginning, I can't wait for the peak ;)
An It Harm None,
Do What Ye Will.

Brown Eyed Girl
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Brown Eyed Girl » Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:43 am

Hmmm im late to....
i'm usualy lurking lately.. i'm ill lots but i love it here :D :: hugs forum ::

i can't advise much either cause i don't even know if i have a path lols... im just me with what i look for and i think thats the coolest, and every one here is cools to..

yeah also lil warning i should have stuf on my head.. i ramble! alot...
i try not to in welcome threads... but its amazing how much you can ramble about not rambling!

and i love life to :D its the best
Who is "I" without a past? A river without a source? An event without a cause?