Another newbie question - how do you know?

The first stop if you're just starting out or just don't know where to go.
auramoonsongs
Level 3
Level 3
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by auramoonsongs » Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:03 pm

I understand what you are saying and yes you may be right but the point i was trying to make is that it doesn't matter who or what you believe in as long as you believe in something. We give Gods different names different areas they cover but no one really knows what is out there I believe that it's my Gods out there like my mom believe's that when she dies she will meet God in heaven and I have the same conversations with her even though she still thinks i am a devil worshipper cause I've turned my back on the religion she gave me and she still after 12 years she still doesn't under stand me but I respect her the fact she is strong with her faith. To me you believe in what you believe and no one is wrong we just all have a different point of view.

Aura moonsongs
blessed be

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:02 pm

auramoonsongs wrote:I understand what you are saying and yes you may be right but the point i was trying to make is that it doesn't matter who or what you believe in as long as you believe in something.
Entirely agree. I would add, what I feel to be most important, that so long that it does no harm to others.

A lesson that the monotheists could well do with learning. :-D

By the way, I think this is the first time I have seen you here. (May be wrong. If so please feel free to lambast me for my erroneous ways).

WELCOME. :-D

We don't bite....Too much. :roll:

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:19 am

Weird,
lately I have been thinking, what makes sense to me. For some reason the word faith has dropped out of my vocabulary. Energy makes more sense to me than any sort of human like God, because I believe that everything has some sort of energy. Whether or not it is a spirit, I don't know I am sure that will be revealed to me in time. From what I can tell now this energy has characteristics. And I just kind of can see that it is there because I see it in everything. Is that faith? I don't know.
Blesisngs
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

auramoonsongs
Level 3
Level 3

Post by auramoonsongs » Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:43 pm

Hello, Ragnar, I haven't been on this site long, you have put a post with my help question about the head teacher who told my son both he and i were wrong but yeah i am new to the site, I only know a few Pagans/ wiccans oh and a shaman who I am rather close to so i decided to find a web site with other people on it i can identify with and have proper chats with a place where i am not constantly saying things like, No i don't fly on a broom stick, no i can't curse and stuff like that, it's nice to have a welcome :-D

aura moonsongs
blessed be

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:36 am

auramoonsongs wrote:No i don't fly on a broom stick, no i can't curse and stuff like that,
You don't?

I hope you realise you are destroying 1000 years of carefully.... O.K not so carefully, but ... ah ha! HALF BAKED, christian theory, by not following the traditions they have layed out for us? :roll:

I don't know, you will be telling the local vicar we're not "satanists" next, and REALLY ruin his day. :lol:

auramoonsongs
Level 3
Level 3

Post by auramoonsongs » Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:08 am

I ALREADY HAVE. I'm just fed up of Christians at the moment, I had it at work today this manager person came into help for a day and ripped down my as she put it five pointed star off the wall so right now I am really trying to control myself. my staff are fine with it but some of the other people that come in don't understand.
blessed be

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:05 am

auramoonsongs wrote: I had it at work today this manager person came into help for a day and ripped down my as she put it five pointed star off the wall so right now I am really trying to control myself. my staff are fine with it but some of the other people that come in don't understand.
Can't you complain to your Union about religious diescrimination at work?

It amazes me that the people that are treating us like this, are the same ones that are supporting the rights of the "neo nazis" to have free speech!

Do they see no parallel between what they are doing, and the burning of the Synagogues in Germany 1934 (><)?

Or, even more disturbingly, may be they DO. May be it is not just "free speech" they are suporting. :evil:

auramoonsongs
Level 3
Level 3

Post by auramoonsongs » Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:18 pm

all i CAN SAY IS SHE HATES US NON CHRISTIANS, she hated my old boss current other half he's a shaman and she hated him. i called the regional manager and told him what she was like with me and he said he would have a go at her for me. You are right these are the same people who fight for freedom of speech and stuff like that. I think it's the area I live in, it's a posh area and the pub I live near is where they used to burn witches and to me the attitudes haven't changed at all they just can't burn and kill us anymore.

aura moonsongs
blessed be

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:22 pm

I wonder about you living so close to an actual burning site. Do you get a lot of upset spirits wandering around?
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

auramoonsongs
Level 3
Level 3

Post by auramoonsongs » Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:29 pm

I don't like living here never have and they don't really bother me well one does she stands on my stairs and you can smell burning when she's around and from what my son Say's she doesn't like me, I wish i new why I refuse to drink in the pub it feels wrong, I feel like I shouldn't be there.but as i said there is only one who hates me in fact I think she tried to throttle me in my sleep, I woke up and my neck hurt and I'm not fibbing I could feel the pressure points on my neck where the fingers and thumb would of been, it was horrible.

aura moonsongs
blessed be

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:48 pm

Have you done a cleansing and a warding of your home?

A full cleansing might help keep the angry one away.

Maybe she's mad that she was innocent and was burned, but you, an ACTUAL witch, aren't getting attacked?

I'd recommend putting a circle of crystals...um, quartz, hematite and Amethyst, alternating...around your house on the outside to serve as a barrier.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

auramoonsongs
Level 3
Level 3

Post by auramoonsongs » Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:52 pm

That's what my other half said and some of my mates, I agree she was wrongly burnt and I a real witch I'm alive and living a normal life but come did she have to hurt my neck, I'll try cleansing the house the problem is the christian lovers will have to be out when i do it.

aura moonsongs
blessed be

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:12 pm

That is what I was thinking. I mean, most people burned were not witches.

Hey your man is a Shaman? I assume he's a psychopomp as well? Maybe he can clear things up a bit there. Help the angry spirits pass on.

Until then, yes, Kystar gives good advice: Wards!!! Smudge, salt, ward, crystals & protection... Some plants are good around your home, too. (They'll tell you which ones. I'm not familiar with the ecology in your area).
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:59 pm

Putting crystals around is great, but is there a garden?

Parts of coventry are, like Lancashire and Yorkshire, streets where the front door opens straight into your living room and the only seperation between your door and the public street is a 2' X6" X 1" lump of slate, or granite, as a door step.

auramoonsongs
Level 3
Level 3

Post by auramoonsongs » Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:05 am

We do have a front and back garden, my fella would come to the house if my family would let him come in, they only let me in the house because I am family, it's terrible after what my ancestors went through, they were Jewish you would think my mother would be tolerant of my faith and belief but hey she seems to have forgot what her own people went through during history. Hopefully I am moving soon, I want to get a place where me and my son can be as pagan as we want and not be told it's wrong, my fella is helping me find a place I say if I like it he checks for spirits, I don't mind good ones it's the ones who are a bit nasty that I don't want in my house. I love spirits I'm followed by one, my auntie Gloria so have no problems with them.

aura moonsongs
blessed be