Pagans in the morpg zone

Discussion of all games in the Arcade.
Rissa
Level 1
Level 1

Pagans in the morpg zone

Post by Rissa » Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:45 am

I wanted to ask if anyone here plays Mmorpgs. I have been noticing a real trend in that several that are on the market have a Very Pagan feel to them. Has anyone else noticed this? Games like Shadowbane, the now closed- Earth and beyond, World of warcraft. It was very interesting to see a wickerman burning over halloween just outside one of the cities that players visit. It doesn't usually have any ties with the more Spiritual side of Paganism. There are many links in the games to Gods and Goddesses, the elements creatures, herbs... (in world of warcraft, for instance, ,you can find graveyard moss, Shaman who worship an Earth mother.. etc) and other things.

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:14 am

I play Guild Wars.

There are a variety of Gods and Goddesses whose shrines you can stumble across. I think each deity is specific to the Class the players can chose.

Right now, I'm playing a Necromancer-Elementalist. (you get two classes)
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:58 pm

I'm a world of warcraft player. There are some aspects to the game that are somewhat diine in nature, but I find that is mostly with the tauren race, especially with the shaman class. The druids have their own little nature worship thing happening, but not quite as in depth as the story of the shaman.
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

Rissa
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Rissa » Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:59 pm

I haven't played guild wars though I have considered it. My sister is very much interested in full out guild wars.

I play world of warcraft now as well. I know what you mean about the Tauren. I love the way the quests start have to do with helping the "earth mother" and It gives you the sense of belonging to something bigger. I just started a Tauren Shaman. I am enjoying going in search of the elementals when it comes time to get a special totem. I have a tauren hunter and a troll priest. both 60. (I'm partial to horde, myself). I am on nathrezim server.

white_harmony

Post by white_harmony » Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:24 pm

Damn you people and playing on servers I cant find lol. We should get together a bunch of us paganies, and set up our own guild on a server we can all access lol. It would be great to be able to run around with you guys!! I myself play on a few servers, my main is on Crushridge (human warlock). I havent made it to 60 yet, although I am not far away now *yays* lol

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:39 pm

if i get a job and no hw in college i might get WoW. would definatly be up for playing with all of you
i am prone to free association. Basically whatever i think i type, so sorry if things get really erratic...

Rissa
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Rissa » Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:36 pm

I think it would be fun to be in a Pagan guild. I have an option of two oceania servers available to me. There is Khaz'gorath and FrostMourne.
If you have either one of those then we can meet up in-game.

Kelreth if you're in the U.S. you'd have all the server options that I do here in Illinois. It would be great to play with both of you. I'm sticking to one server for now to get all my alts to 60. My sister's more competitive with that than I am. She's working on getting her 4th character to 60. I'm slow, just love to explore and go fishing at night in the moonlight.

white_harmony

Post by white_harmony » Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:28 pm

I have access to both those servers, and got bored so created an ally char on Khaz'gorath, so if you're up for it, we can hook up on there sometime :-D

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:47 am

Lol i live in IL, go to school in wisconsin, the joy of utter cold and random weather

i might get the game after next semester. my grades for last one were really bad and i need to pull them up otherwise. i might end up at another school or not even at school at all. All from my dad
i am prone to free association. Basically whatever i think i type, so sorry if things get really erratic...

Rissa
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Rissa » Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:30 am

South eastern Illinois and southern Indiana weather is always random. Last week highs in the lower 30's and this week highs in the middle to upper 50s. The snow is here one minute and gone the next.

I hope you are able to bring up your grades, Kelreth. I know that switching schools isn't always an easy thing to do. :-(

I created a character on Khaz'garoth an NE hunter. my name's Clarissa. If you want, White_harmony, you can add me to your list or if you give me your name I'll add you.

I haven't had much experience with alli (with the exception of um.. killing them :oops: :-D )

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:36 pm

Ya.... if i do end up at another school. I will most likely be paying for it, which means that my current goals get pushed back several years. Which then means my gf isnt happy

Wbdsgnr1

Post by Wbdsgnr1 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:34 pm

My husband Firelord and I also play Guild Wars

I think he also plays some others since he is such the gamer, but its just me and Guild Wars almost every night when hes at work.

I have like 4 different characters at different spots in the game.
I just need the 2 expansions for it now...... Factions and Nightfall.