I was recently asked "Why?"

Rumor, gossip, nonsense... all the things we love. This area is auto-pruned for topics over 21 days.
Glassmirror
Level 1
Level 1
Zodiac: Scorpio

I was recently asked "Why?"

Post by Glassmirror » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:59 am

I am a college student and one of my classmates in my psychology class (this class hurts my soul) asked "why?" when she saw my "pagan pride" sticker on my notebook. I thought that was a good question so I took some time to type it out and I thought I would share it here as my first post. :-D I hope this isn't too dull.

At a young age I realized there was something “off” about “Christianity” which is the religion I was raised into. Something felt empty about the subject of religion so I fell into the social-religious pit that most young people appear to belong to. I didn’t actually have a real opinion, I would lie and say that I was Christian, and I even made (to my regret) an oath of sorts to follow Christ.

My subconscious/higher self would pose religious questions while I was in church and I only half listened to the sermon or the questions so there wasn’t much consideration either way. I always noticed however the different feelings I would receive from season to season, as they do have different energies, I just didn’t know what I was feeling at the time. I could “sense” when there would be thunderstorms even if there wasn’t a cloud in the sky and the weather man didn’t predict one by seeing the charged energy particles in the air. I saw a few “visions” which I still believe were of past lives, but even that didn’t officially knock me out of Christianity.

The official moment of realization came during the summer after my 8th grade year, I was only 14 (apparently an age when such “awakenings” tend to begin happening especially among psychic vampires). It was an evening in late June and I was sitting by the fire pit I had dug. I had the small branch we were using as our fire-poking stick in my hand as I simply stared into the flames as they danced. I placed the end of the branch into the fire and let it begin to burn. As I did this a complete calm came over me, the first time I can remember this happening, and I pulled the branch from the pit and drew a symbol upon the cinder block directly in front of me. I looked at it, for a moment I knew I had never seen it before, but then I felt everything rush into me as I was told, and I felt, the meaning of that mark. Even today do I use that as my symbol.

Since that night when I feverishly wrote down what I realized the meaning of the mark to be, I have taken my time, I have listened, I have learned, I have cast spells, I have revoked my “Christian” heritage realizing that the “Christian” religion is a perversion of what Jesus himself taught. I have no path other than my own, though I have studied through several religions. I believe in all the gods of the human race for I am a proponent of the theory that the gods themselves were created by the existence of worshippers placing energy in them. My belief is in the infinite, which is naught but love and has no “intelligence” but which flows through all things, and karma. I believe that I have a destiny and I will be very interested in finally finding my fate when the day comes. I call myself a “spell caster” because I don’t have another title with which I can truly relate. I cast spells; I “practice”, because I AM.
"May the Universe shed its grace upon you." as said by yours truly

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Re: I was recently asked "Why?"

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:15 pm

Rarely do I get goosebumps reading these types of tales. Thank you, Glassmirror, and welcome to the forums!!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Glassmirror
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Glassmirror » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:18 am

Thank YOU CHL.
I have read many posts on this forum already and I have respect for you (among many others) and that you appreciated what I had to say means a lot to me.
Thank you.

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:40 pm

Crazy is definitely one of our favourite posters on the board... She may be young, but the girl knows what she's talking about.

Thank you for sharing Glassmirror. That must have been very powerful and meant so much when it happened. There are few things that will touch us more than direct gifts from the Gods... It's always so beautiful when that is somebody's entrance into the religion.

As for your psych friend... ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

That's easily as a bad a story as my Mom telling me that she was not going to listen to my "Satanic Music" when I told her where she could my find music reviews online. :roll:

It's usually when I get those "Why" responses that I shake my head and think, once again, "I thought we'd moved past this idiocy!"
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Post by davisherm » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:00 am

It's always so nice to hear (or read ;) ) others' stories of awakening. Like CHL, I don't often get chills, but I did reading yours and remembered feeling and thinking similar things all those yeas ago.

What an inspiring read! Welcome to the Library Glassmirror. :)

Kitsune, it sounds like must be related. With my family we're basically at the point where we don't discuss it anymore. After we were told we were naive to not 'expect some persecution' I figured it was time to just leave the subject off the table.
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:31 pm

Wasn't quite that bad for me... my Father and Sister were pretty good about it. it was just my mom who really seem to care.

Mind you what can I really say about her that hasn't been said before. I think my dad said it best.

"Carol has two loves in life... God and carpeting!"

:roll: :lol:

Anyone else surprised they're not together anymore? ;)
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

Glassmirror
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Glassmirror » Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:31 pm

Thanks everyone. I know this probably sounds needy, but it feels good to be accepted. :-({|= :oops:

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:19 pm

:hug:

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Post by davisherm » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:40 am

Not needy at all. Just needful. And we're all that in turns. Some need, some give. Simple as that.

Always know that you're not alone in this world. While distance may separate us, we all live under Her moon. And thanks to the Internet, like minded souls are only a few clicks away.
:hug:
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake