So what do you think...

Rumor, gossip, nonsense... all the things we love. This area is auto-pruned for topics over 21 days.
twosoul
Level 1
Level 1

So what do you think...

Post by twosoul » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:30 pm

About precognition? Like, seeing every day things happen in dreams, then forgetting them when you wake, but years later you lived what was in that dream, that exact moment where you had been before? Or knowing what people are going to say 30 seconds to a minute before they say it? I would have put this is Magick and Energy usage, but it really doesn't fit there, I think...

Anyway, replies are appreciated. :) It's nice to know if I am just crazy or not. :P

runewulf
Zodiac: Scorpio

Re: So what do you think...

Post by runewulf » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:03 pm

It's not crazy at all. It's something that happens to a lot of folks to one degree or another at one or more points in their lives. For those more psychically active or intuitively attuned to their environment, it often happens a lot more frequently (you can take that as gospel, which I rarely say without firsthand experience).

Never feel crazy for questioning, wondering, exploring.... It's how we grow.

Wassail,

RuneWulf
http://cajungypsy.blogspot.com

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:02 pm

The way I learned to deal with it was by putting it into a more accessible form... I learned to read Tarot. Now the cards open up to me and tell me exactly what I need to know when I use them (though, as usual, I read better for others than I do for myself).

You could put it into any type of gift if another works better for you, say scrying or tea reading. Once you've learned how to do it and feel confident in your ability even a bit, your gift will naturally flow into its outlet.

And as Rune said, never be afraid to question!
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:39 am

I love it. I love those moments of living something exactly as I've dreamed, knowing what colour and speed the car up ahead going opposite of me will be, that KNOWING. I've talked a few times about the "dance" of magic, and I feel it more than anything in those times. And the more you pay attention and learn from it, the more your life is just one beautiful cocreative dance with the cosmos. It gets to be at times so that instead of precognition, it's a CHOOSING.

You're not crazy. You're remembering one of the natural talents of humanity. Like music, math, etc, some people are more gifted in specific areas, but it's all natural. Humanity has just been forced to forget it.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

twosoul
Level 1
Level 1

Post by twosoul » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:45 pm

All three of you say it is natural, and you talk like you've always had this. I understand about how it is part of our brain that people don't usually use, but have you always been that way? Have you always has these gifts? It doesn't feel like a dance to me, it scares me, freaks me out because it just.... started, with no reason why... How did you guys find your way, or have you always 'known'?

runewulf

Post by runewulf » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:10 pm

Both yes and no. Always had some kind of gifts, but like children, gifts can change and grow. Unfortunately for me, I had no one to help at first when that happened to me, so I understand it being more like a drunken dance across a busy freeway. That said, remember to ground & center (I understand why so many western trads use that term, but ick, really, find your center, your root, harmonious center, balance point, etc) and shield. Shielding is the foundation of control (& sometimes sanity, lol), so just focus on that until you have it. There are some oooooooollllld tutorials filed under Magick & Energy Usage from the beginning that go over it in simplified, non-denominational ways.

twosoul
Level 1
Level 1

Post by twosoul » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:32 pm

Whenever I try to center and shield, or something like that, everything gets worse. I'm alone too, I have have been.

runewulf

Post by runewulf » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:56 pm

Take it slowly, one step at a time. If you start feeling overwhelmed, just breathe & relax, see/feel/KNOW your shields won't let anything through, and will rhem to be thicker. It takes some practice, but gets easier with time.

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:10 am

Whoo Boy, when I first started out, I couldn't shield, I'd forgotten almost everything I had done as a child and every once in a while I'd try to show off and make something worse.

Yep, I was alone too.

Don't worry, when I first started seeing the emergence of my abilities again, I was ecstatic, but taking those first few steps toward control was very, very hard. And for the first little while, shielding may make you feel more alone and isolated than you felt before. Believe it or not, that means it's working. When you're sensitive you feel and experience everything, which means that future bursts of panic can invoke a similar response in you. Shielding blocks that, protecting you from all but the strongest of them. It allows you to learn control in a much safer environment.

Remember, It may be terrifying now, but whenever you learn to do something new, the reaction most have is "I'm afraid of what I can do" and/or "I'm afraid I won't be able to learn how to do it correctly". Trust in yourself, even if it's really hard right now. Trust me, it gets better as time goes on.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:30 am

twosoul wrote:All three of you say it is natural, and you talk like you've always had this. I understand about how it is part of our brain that people don't usually use, but have you always been that way? Have you always has these gifts? It doesn't feel like a dance to me, it scares me, freaks me out because it just.... started, with no reason why... How did you guys find your way, or have you always 'known'?
I remember as a young kid I would talk to my "adult friends" (Guides) and Shadow Friends. I still remember sitting up at night and the looooong conversations we'd have, while they told me the "secrets of the universe." :lol: Then I grew, and kids around me didn't do that, so I forgot a good chunk as well.

People close to me started dying, causing huge trauma in me and the people around me, and so I grew afraid of death and spirits. Unfortunately, I've always been an open kid, and rejecting this side of things and seeing it negatively was like holding a light in the dark. Spirits came to me like moths, or mosquitos. My bedroom and house became routinely haunted, and for a while I slept anywhere but my bedroom (bathtub, garage, car, basement, on the floor beside my mom, etc).

At around 9 or 10, I found out that I could move things with my mind (I thought it was my eyes). I was TERRIFIED. I was intrigued, and it made me happy to do it (like exercising an atrophied muscle), but terrified that I'd be hurt or studied or whatever.

Around that age, I also had another experience which made me shut up any abilities I had. I'd been able to heal energetically since I was little, and with herbs, and my mom had tennis elbow. So I worked on it, but she screamed out in pain. I thought I'd hurt her, when in fact she was better afterward, but I was terrified to do ANYTHING energetically. I wouldn't even look people in the eye because I thought something might happen, like their brain might explode! lol. I'd still get rid of headaches for friends, or blocked sinuses, sometimes over the phone, but I held all these gifts of mine with such disdain and fear and negativity. It's no wonder that I attracted such upset spirits and ghosts! I also grew very depressed (Actually, I was depressed since I was a little kid, but it went really dark when I was about 12).

In all of that, there was this little light inside of me that knew that I had to remember what I’d lost. I couldn’t hear my Guides anymore, and in fact I was terrified of them. For years, I felt them, but thought that they were something negative because normal people can’t feel things around them, watching them!!!

I’m lucky in that I lived in the woods. The animals were my greatest friends, and I learned how to speak with them, either mentally or with Spirit through them (at that time I was an avid Athiest, by the way, or at least I didn’t believe in God, which made me think I didn’t believe in anything, but I did believe in Divinity, just not in a recognizable form, and so I called it Unity). I can’t tell you how many nights I would be in the woods, or out with the horses, looking at the stars and hearing the mice and coyotes and bears and the owls would fly down and almost CALL me to who I really am.

What really got me to pay attention to my precognition was when my sister’s cat went missing. She never stayed away more than a night, and she’d already been gone a few. All of a sudden, in the back of my mind, I heard her mews at the door. I sort of woke out of my daze, and realized that I had those all the time, but they were so much a part of me that I didn’t set them apart from anything. A few hours later, the same mews were heard from the back door, and I let her in.

There were times when I was absolutely terrified of all that I could do (which, in all honesty, I laugh at now, because I was like a baby elephant learning to use my trunk!) and all that was out there.

When a metaphysical store opened in my town, I learned from some dear people how to call in my Guides, and I made dear friends of them. They are strong, and I have such faith and trust in them, that I know as long as they are around, I am safe, energetically and physically. That is why I always advise to people before they start learning flights of the soul to meet and make a relationship with their guides first, because it worked for me. I went through a period of energy attack before I really learned to trust them, or even knew that they HAD that strength.

The reason I’ve gone into this long story is to show you that you’re not alone. I used to be so scared. I almost took my life and a lot of it had to do with the gifts that were growing in me. It sounds unfathomable and maybe even harsh, but you need to let go of the fear and just live. The gifts aren’t going away, and even if you spend your life shutting them down, you’re only going to be making yourself miserable. Let go of the fear, and call in your guides. If you don’t know them yet, call in something you KNOW is strong. Archangel Michael is a good one. You can even call in my Guides if you want. If you’re scared, ask Grandmother Medicine Woman and George to help you :lol: although George makes a big ruckus.

Once you’ve done that, imagine yourself strong and safe and protected. FEEL yourself strong and safe and protected. Focus on this feeling. Let the light and the happiness inside of you swell. In all my years of healing and observing and delving into the dark and the light of the supernatural world, I’ve learned that love and happiness is stronger than dark. You turn on a light, and darkness flees. When you hold a vibration of light and happiness and love, NOTHING gets through. It’s such a high vibration, and you’ll learn how to make it stronger, that dark bounces off like a penny on a spinning wheel.

So put up your shields, but make yourself stronger from the inside. Heal that darkness and fear inside you which is drawing the scary things which exist in the world. Be strong. Stand in your power like the beautiful, strong person that you are. Let all that you are shudder into your limbs and your soul to glow as if afire. Your gifts are natural. They are GIFTS. They hold themselves as apart from what is natural because you hold them as something foreign. They forewarn you of things and unsettle your stomach because you can’t fully appreciate that you might have the worth of the divine and stand up to the Gods themselves as equals.

Some level of detachment can be helpful, too. When you feel something and it happens, observe it and say, “Well, that was cool,” and move on. Don’t bury yourself with analyzing and wondering. It happened. Like clouds passing overhead, it’s happened, and well, whatever.

Stop over thinking, and let it come to be. Stop beating yourself with negativity and let yourself grow, and might as well give yourself some light to grow by.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

runewulf

Post by runewulf » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:40 am

Crazy said two things that really stuck out at the end, aside from the story. Stop over thinking. That is a major thing. You need to believe, but if you over analyze, you will sabotage yourself. Additionally, detachment is good, because when your picking stuff up, it is from outside you, no matter how you experience it, it is not actually happening to you. Remembering that, accepting it, makes it a lot easier to control and not get freaked out so easily.

twosoul
Level 1
Level 1

Post by twosoul » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:41 pm

Thank you all for your advice. :)

runewulf

Post by runewulf » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:14 pm

De rien ;)

twosoul
Level 1
Level 1

Post by twosoul » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:57 pm

So... I hate to bring this up again, but I am a bit afraid. I know that I've been told that I shouldn't be afraid of this stuff, but the deja vu's from my dreams from years ago are getting more frequent, and longer. They can last for ten or fifteen seconds, enough time to have a good chunk of conversation with someone that I know I've lived before while I was sleeping. Why is it getting more frequent? Longer? It went from being every-so-often last year, to three times in two days...four or five strong feelings this week...

More importantly... could they be leading up to something? I guess I am just sick of being confused, and I don't know where to go for answers... I thought I'd try here again.

Glassmirror
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Glassmirror » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:02 am

TwoSoul,
I'm NOT going to try to show myself off as being a great and wise practitioner, but if everyone will let me throw my two cents at this I won't step on any toes.

Before you can actually try to understand what is going on, you need to learn what it is that you're afraid OF. Me for instance; for most of the time that I have been "awakened" (going on five years now) I had been truly afraid of myself which limited me ALOT. Once you understand why you're feeling something, you can more easily let go of it. That was a major problem for me; I was told that I needed to get rid of my fear to continue forward, I tried that, but what I really did was hide it from myself thus creating much larger problems later ](*,) . I'm trying to say think critically, find out what is really causing those emotions, once you know then you can detach yourself and try to understand what your precognitions/visions/dreams/what-have-you are trying to get across.

I don't know if that will help but just remember there is a massive leap between knowledge of something and understanding of something.
Blessed be
"May the Universe shed its grace upon you." as said by yours truly