Instructables

Rumor, gossip, nonsense... all the things we love. This area is auto-pruned for topics over 21 days.
Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Instructables

Post by Kystar » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:12 pm

Hey, gang, I just wanted to pimp my instructable.
http://www.instructables.com/id/One-Sea ... cle-skirt/

It's a nifty website that has a lot of project ideas and instructions. I've popped up a skirt pattern I developed years ago.

:D
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Re: Instructables

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:08 am

Very cool! You've made the instructions very clear, too. So helpful! I'm going to forward this on to a few friends who can't sew to save their lives, but could easily do this.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Post by davisherm » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:36 pm

Nice! I sent this over to my Sapphire. I imagine something like this would make for nice around the house wear in the warm months.
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:55 pm

:)

It's a great "all around" skirt pattern, really. Depending on the fabric used, it can be a Summer skirt, a Winter skirt, or an in-between (Spring/Autumn) skirt. For the pattern shown, I used a nice light cotton that was nearly a gauze. Quilting cotton makes a good sturdy skirt that isn't too hot, but is warm enough when a Spring wind grabs your ankles. I have one that's a winter dress skirt, made out of a heavy, satin-like stuff.

However, I noticed I totally suck at trying to get an even hem! Maybe I should have followed my own advice and pinned it up while it was laid out! ](*,)
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!