YouTube Poll - "name"

Rumor, gossip, nonsense... all the things we love. This area is auto-pruned for topics over 21 days.

What should I name my channel?

Poll ended at Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:06 pm

beneaththeoak - Beneath the Oak
67%
elementalpath - Elemental Path
33%

Total votes: 6

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

YouTube Poll - "name"

Post by Kystar » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:06 pm

Hey, gang, I know I was talking about this in my other post...but I wanted a poll...and since you need to start a new topic to establish a poll...here we are.

I need some feedback on the names I'm considering for my youtube channel.

Any questions just ask.

Thanks!
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Re: YouTube Poll - "name"

Post by Kitsune » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:55 pm

Pick something easy to remember is the number 1 rule... meaning it either has to be catchy or short. Elemental Path was my vote because it is both short, catchy and has a melodic sound to it... pretty much anything that makes it easier for people to remember your online name is what you're looking for.

Anyways, just wanted to say, why I chose the one I did. :-D
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:51 am

I chose Beneath the Oak because it's very different and holds a lot of mystery, plus it just makes me smile :)
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:05 am

Well, Beneath The Oak is there b/c I have a MASSIVE (100+ year old) oak tree in my yard that's fully awake...and tends to yell at me. I was planning on doing a lot of my filming in the yard under his canopy. Put it this way, he's so big that if you did a Google maps satellite picture, all you see is the house and the tree.

Elemental Path is just b/c I consider myself an Elemental Witch.

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:47 am

Beneath the Oak. Deffinately.

If you want to link it with Pagan stuff, "Beneath Hearn's oak", or Beneath Frejas oak", or something?

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:01 am

Ragnar, Interesting idea, but I wouldn't want to mis-represent myself.
I don't follow specific deities, I don't usually do rituals that call on a god or goddess in particular. The Divine is just that, The Divine. Sometimes the Divine Mother and/or the Divine Father, but never more specific than that.

As for the Oak, his title is Grandfather Oak. I'd probably use that in the videos when I spoke of him.

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Post by davisherm » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:44 pm

Another vote for the Oak.

I've always felt quite a connection to trees and Oak and Maple have been constants. They're very powerful beings and I can't wait to buy my house that is just plain surrounded by woods!
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:06 pm

Funny you should mention a Maple, Davish, I have one on the other side of the yard from the Oak, they make an interesting canopy for our backyard.

I've always been partial to Weeping Willows, myself. I'd love to have land that had a pond and a willow or three. My actual "Working" wand is a willow branch offered by a tree that was being cut down b/c of problems with it encroaching on another's land.

Though, certain Fruit trees are strong voices for me, too. This is the first time I've been this called by an Oak.

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Post by davisherm » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:29 pm

Well, with such a prominent old soul right in your back yard, I imagine he's got quite the loud voice. It's no wonder you're hearing him!
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:48 pm

He's a bit surprised to be "heard," I think. After all, I'm in Suburbia. The trees in suburbia tend to be treated like lawn ornaments. They're always surprised when a Human talks back.

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:48 pm

Reminds me of when I try speaking to pets on the bus that I meet. They're always shocked and one refused to speak to me, using a very human tactic, "If you just don't speak to the insane girl, she'll go away." Apparently, I just wasn't supposed to know how to speak to it. :lol:

Can't wait to see this tree! it sounds awesome!

Speaking of which... How are the kittens doing for speaking? Getting better at it, or are they resisting the transition?
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:17 pm

Well, my girls have it to the point where we can ALMOST understand each other on the important things (Food time, sleep time, GET HER AWAY FROM ME time {Noche to Kali}, play time, NOT play time) but don't really want to fully "speak" to me.

Though...Noche WILL inform us if something "Not right" is in the house...either a bug or a spirit or a shade...and will be VERY insistent about "THIS NEEDS TAKEN CARE OF!"

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:01 am

Our new kitty's learning, but he's so flippin headstrong and ... BOYish... that it's taken him a while. For goodness sake, he got stung by a wasp on his last venture outside, and then tried desperately to get back out when I brought him in for it! He certainly knows a wall when I put it up, though!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG