YouTube

Rumor, gossip, nonsense... all the things we love. This area is auto-pruned for topics over 21 days.
Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

YouTube

Post by Kystar » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:28 pm

Ok, so I think I'm being dragged, potentially kicking and screaming, into a project...by either the Powers or my Guides, or maybe the Oak...or all of the above. :axe:

I've been daydreaming...and sometimes dream-dreaming of YouTube Vlogging some "workings"...which confuses me, as I'm not what one would call camera-friendly. Nor am I anything structured enough, in my opinion. But...I keep having these dreams...and sometimes when I'm bored or waiting for something...I'll just start thinking of topics I could film. But...the trolls...they irritate me. And they would flock to something like this...I know.

Anyways...is it even a good idea? And what in the world would I film? I mean, I have a few ideas...but... :-k

Has anyone else been basically beat over the head with a project like this? And, has it turned out well if you graciously give in (Before they get pushy)?
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Re: YouTube

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:40 am

You can make all videos something that people can't comment on or rate. Also, you have full control over deleting troll comments. Something to consider.

I'd say go for it, if it's calling you. It's about time someone shed some light on Pagan workings who doesn't have their head shoved all the way up their :-#
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:32 am

I was going to start vlogging... last September/October. Unfortunately, I found that my posts were almost always based on what something else had posted, and I really didn't want to be know as the Pagan Queen of responses.

Instead I found a way to start up my website, and I'm ecstatic blogging (I'm actually getting comments now! Woot! Unfortunately, I don't think I really know anyone who's commenting. Does sort of make me feel even better about my blog, actually. It means that people are listening to what I'm saying and that is the best feeling in the world. Now if only they'd comment on my actual writings instead of my musings :-({|= ).

I'd suggest writing down a list of what you'd like to vlog about, whether you want to be just showing magical workings or if you want to vlog as well, are vlogged responses mostly what you'll do? Have a few shows ideas thought out, and do the shows as soon as you have the idea for it, when it's fresh in your mind. Your "takes" will come out better and you'll enjoy it more. Also, try to develop a backlog of a few videos... having something to put up in those weeks when you're sick or just not feeling it will help to keep you going.

Quite honestly, don't worry about the haters... They will come out regardless, and their opinions mean less than nothing. A lot of them tend to not actually have opinions on what you're doing anyway, the new trend is just to find something that sounds controversial and sound off on it.

Take a look at others in the field doing a similar thing... Most of them get great comments about their work online and very few negative voices back.

Oh, it's a small pet peeve of mine (which is the only reason I'm including it here)... please look at the camera when you're recording, not at your screen if you're recording off a laptop. It's really hard to do, but never looking directly at the camera really takes away from the video.

I can't wait to see what you come up with... I wish I could have done it, but really, I just found that my talent is in blogging instead of vlogging.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:39 am

Don't worry about me not looking at my camera, Kitsune dear, I have a bit of Film training that was part of my Theatre Arts degree...I know the best presentation is to actually TALK to your audience. Except for when I'm tromping through the woods or something...and can't look at my camera.

I don't actually follow any vlogs...the idea of entertaining myself by watching someone else live their life annoys me...probably why I never got into "reality" tv.

I'd probably pick some topics and do a "This is one way to do this" sort of segments. Like one of the dreams I had was me doing a three part segment about wand or staff making...starting with choosing the wood in the forest...the signs that show a tree grants permission for a cutting...moving to preparing and blessing, shaping and charging...and the final dedication. That sort of stuff.

Though, Hubby's been trying to get me to do some segments on how to do quality "theatre" style lighting on a budget. :lol:

I was thinking of having a separate account for my pagan stuff...anything that's not related goes on my generic account.

I think I'll start making "episode" lists...and see from there.

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:45 pm

Sounds good Kystar.

I have to admit, it's nice to hear that somebody else when through the training (although since all I have is highschool level, you're probably much better at it than I am). I would love watching your videos by the sounds of it.

I enjoy a few, but almost to a one it's not a "day to day" vlog but informative blogs. Lets see here... Vlogs that I enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/user/CharmingPixieFlora
http://www.youtube.com/user/tofugu
http://www.youtube.com/user/nerimon

Other than that, I used to watch TipToeChick and CrazyHealerLady, but TipToe left YouTube and Crazy's been so busy with moving that she hasn't had time to post.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:42 pm

Community College Theatre degree...and community theatre experience. So, I'm an educated amateur according to most people in the business. However, I know enough to be dangerous!

I'll have to check those out.

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:52 am

Kitsune wrote:and Crazy's been so busy with moving that she hasn't had time to post.
I taped one of those annoying, "I'm not dead! Really!" videos yesterday. It shall be loaded, edited, and uploaded within the space of the weekend :p I figured with Chris doing raw I might as well start POSTING some of this stuff!
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:31 pm

That's right! I saw that on Facebook.

How's Chris liking it thus far? I hope you guys will be willing to still hit Chinese Food when I come down... otherwise, you guys will have to choose a different restaurant.

That's tons more than me, Kystar. I took Drama every year I was in school, but never any in University. A bit of a pity actually... I am a master of projecting my voice. I was originally pushed towards teaching by my favourite Drama teacher, mainly because she said that she envied my ability to speak over the class without yelling. She had spent quite a bit of time learning that useful skill.

Can't wait for the video Crazy!

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:00 am

Kitsune wrote:How's Chris liking it thus far? I hope you guys will be willing to still hit Chinese Food when I come down... otherwise, you guys will have to choose a different restaurant.
Days 1-11 he hated... but Day 14 now, I think he's really enjoying it. I made raw cookies, and he can't stop eating them. I've added Udo's Oil to smoothies, which has helped a lot actually. Our bodies both love that stuff. As for restaurants, well, we're in a different city now. :)
Crazy Healer Lady

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:32 pm

I didn't say that restaurant... I just said Chinese. :-D

Honestly, wherever or whatever you'd like to do would be great. Heck, I'd even be up for a regular "stay-in-hang-out-and-cook" kinda night. :-)

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:26 pm

Hmm if things go as planned with the hubby, there wouldn't be much cookin' ;) There are two restaurants here: One that opens sporatically and serves make-you-sick-but-oh-so-yummy milkshakes and breakfasts, and another that actually has a good Western menu and buffet.
Crazy Healer Lady

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:48 pm

Hey, CHL.
Just watched your newest Video. Nice little starter house!
Your new kitty is SO cute.

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:03 pm

Thank you! He's a little gluttonous terror and we love him ^_^
Crazy Healer Lady