Where did everybody go?

Rumor, gossip, nonsense... all the things we love. This area is auto-pruned for topics over 21 days.
Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Where did everybody go?

Post by Kitsune » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:03 pm

:-( :-( :-(

I'm lonely... is anybody out there? Am I the only person still visiting Pagan Library Forum?

If my site chat was annoying people that much I'm sorry! O:) O:) O:)

Enough of the jokes though... Just wondering where everybody is... Nobody has had time to come on in quite a while it looks like.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Re: Where did everybody go?

Post by Kystar » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:26 am

I've been trolling but not really posting.

My s-i-s's bridal shower is this weekend, and I'm in charge of planning it...from another state. Thank all the gods of communication for the internet! :-D I've been doing things like acquiring prizes, making favors, invites and all that. Gah. Not exactly fun!

Plus, my OTHER s-i-s's birthday is this weekend (The same day as mine!), so I'm trying to get a gift made. Sewing...well, sewing isn't 100% my strong suit when you put a pattern in my hands. I've decided to dump the instructions and do what MAKES SENSE! LOL.

So, I've been busy busy!
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:30 am

Ah, summertime seems to always make the board quiet. You know what's with us - fixing up the new house and lots of work at le jobs (too much, actually). We're also planning a bridal shower/stagette, though we've got time till the end of the month!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:53 pm

Well, so long as I'm not the only one hanging out here. I know that everybody can get busy and with you two more than anyone else. You both always take on more than you should. :-D Can't argue though, I have the same issue. ](*,) No better way to be.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:53 am

Still here.

Comes to something though, when even the nutters don't make their usual end of semester appearance to complete "summer assignments" at the local fundy christian schools.

We haven't had a good nutter for AGES. :cry:

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:48 am

I have a theory that we've gotten a bit of reputation online for being "un-convertible"... :-D

That or you have the reputation. I mean, the rest of us are willing to scare them off, but we're generally an overly tolerant bunch who will try to explain to them first... Whereas you see them coming and take a nice big breath and start enjoying life. :-"

Oh, could be the fundies have recently been told that the internet is off limits! You know much like women in the medieval ages reading books, the fundies might start getting ideas and thinking...; We can't have that, now can we? #-o

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:57 am

Which is the EXACT reason why Governments ban cannabis. :roll:

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:42 am

Eh, I think that we'll be getting a new crop of Nutters trying to "Show us the light" when the new college semester starts...and all those fresh little warped minds start their theology classes.

I've noticed that when we get them, it does usually follow either the start of fall term or the end of spring term cycle...at least for the US colleges.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Post by davisherm » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:26 pm

I'm of the hopeful opinion that they're discovering the wonders of tolerance and maybe the universal right to practice whatever religion we wish to and have thus tired of waging their online crusades.

Either that or seeing Fred Phelps and people of his ilk giving them a bad name, they've decided to keep a low profile and avoid being mocked by teenagers in costumes.

Myself, I'm about as busy as can be with the house stuff and working OT to get the closing costs squared away - if all holds well, we should be home owners in about three weeks!
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:44 pm

Congrats Davisherm! We totally want pictures later.

That video was hilarious!

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:59 am

Gotta love the geeks! I would have loved to have sported a purple wig, boots, and cyclops eye ;)
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Post by davisherm » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:29 pm

Despite my personal preferences, seeing as how the local Trekkie crew is already there in force, I would have had to go counterpoint to them and go either in full Storm Trooper armor or Jedi robes with a sign about how God Hates Warp Drive.
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:18 pm

Hey. Been a bit MIA. Been a little snowed under with lots of little things really. Getting through my study has been the biggest thing lately. Added to that, my poor hubby has been so overworked and stressed out that I've been, more or less, giving all my time and energy to making sure he doesn't have himself a nervous breakdown. It's been a close call a couple of times in the last couple of weeks. But, we are soldiering on. He has holidays from work coming up soon, so all going well we will have some good decompression time. *breathes a sigh of relief* At least I'm done with study now for another 6 months I think, so that'll be one less thing to worry about lol.
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:04 pm

Glad to hear that your studies are finally done. Keeping the hubby from nervous breakdowns is a full time job on it's own, let alone having to stave off your own breakdown as well (at least it was with me). Fortunately, holidays really do help with that. Are you guys traveling anywhere? I always found that when I was that stressed, leaving everything behind for a week helped much more than sitting at home ever did.

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:52 pm

Yeah it can be a bit difficult trying to keep both of us from a breakdown at times. It's kind of like .. You get so concerned about helping them out, you forget to take a little time for yourself as well. Fortunately, this week has been a lot better. He was supposed to start holidays this week, but he and the boss agreed to postpone his break until all the nonsense with this particular job is dealt with (he's a draftsman, and the fabricator and the architect on this job are just *insert very nasty names here* lol), and then he can go on holidays, and even have extra time off if he so wishes. So, even though he was meant to start holidays this week, he isn't too cut up about it, and everyone at work has been particularly nice to him the last few days, understanding that he needs a break and isn't on it when he was supposed to be. Hubby thinks he will be done with all the work by the end of this week, so hurrah for holidays next week! lol

Nah we aren't going anywhere, we have a few things that need to be pounced on and dealt with while he's on break, just little things like getting the car serviced etc. But we're making days of fun while we're at it. Like the day the car goes into the shop, we're going to catch a bus or train into the city and have a day of just wandering the shops, have a nice lunch out. Little things like that. Really just after the R&R and having some fun and quality time together. He's also buying his new computer this week, and will then be off to buy his Star Craft 2 that he's been waiting to be able to run lol. So we'll both definitely get a much needed breather and have a good time while we're at it.
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~