Website!!!

Rumor, gossip, nonsense... all the things we love. This area is auto-pruned for topics over 21 days.
Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Re: Website!!!

Post by Kitsune » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:25 pm

Now you could probably read it even on your fading monitor!

I was able to change most of the fonts to the smoky grey, and I quite like it. Although, the monitors I'm looking at it on are all HD and everything, so I know that changes things quite a bit, making them sharper and more defined. I'll take a look on my comp at work. I'm fairly certain that those are HD at all, so I'll see if I can still read it easily there.

I'm so impressed!

Oh, and for those of you following it, I was supposed to post a blog tonight, but I got distracted with the fixes... I should have something up tomorrow, and probably the first chapter of my online novel "Dual Melodies" (Not work safe, and definately not Child Safe... Reader Discretion is advised). :-D
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:39 pm

Kitsune wrote:Now you could probably read it even on your fading monitor!
Sorry. :oops:

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:46 pm

:oops:

Sorry, Ragnar... I actually wanted to make it a bit brighter soon after I got it setup. It was just a bit too dark. Now the writing is crisp and clean and bright without hurting my eyes.

I didn't mean...

*** #-o ***

Yep, that's me... a kitsune without empathy. #-o

Did you like the change at least?
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:54 pm

Aye lass, the change it's self was good. Like I say, I will re assess it when we get the new monitor. THAT could change everything. hex:

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:53 pm

I'm glad. You'll have to let us know what sort of screen you get (size, HD, gadgets, ect)... I love hearing about new toys! :-D

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:05 am

http://bamatthews.com/wip-dual-melodies/

Alright, I admit it, I'm pimping myself here again. :oops:

I just posted Chapter 1 - Part 1 of a novel that I'm writing and going to be putting up on my blog, tentatively called Dual Melodies. If you enjoy Dark Fantasy with very adult themes, then you should like this. Not child safe or work safe though... it's definitely an adult only piece of work.

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:29 am

I tried writting "novel style" at one point. A description of what I see as a "Gothic" city.

I must root it out and see what you think.

Trouble is, it is NOT a "story", it is merely what I would describe as "an atmosphere piece".

I have an idea where it is. I WILL post iot for it to be ripped apart by our resident experts. :lol:

(That LOL is about my "work" by the way. NOT at our experts. :-)

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:26 pm

Oh, I'm definitely not an expert... just an enthusiastic dabbler. Although if you like my writing I would be insanely pleased. I've been told that my writing is good enough to get published, but I never trust just one or two viewpoints (mainly because I know that I can't survive on only 2 sales total. lol).

I can't wait to see your piece though. If you're interested, I'd suggest putting it up on Writer's Retreat as well. We could definitely tell you what we think about it.

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:51 pm

We could definitely tell you what we think about it.
THAT'S what worries me. :lol:

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:39 am

Actually, thus far, we've all been pretty darn constructive over there. Any posts that are out and out angry or defensive will get warnings. The worst thing for somebody who writes can be the criticism. And for me at least, if its not constructive, it's detrimental. After all, if all one hears is "This is bad", they'll start thinking that everything they write is bad. And I've personally never met a bit of writing that I couldn't find something good about (even Twilight, much as it pains me). Everybody does something great. For you it might be mood pieces! (since I've never read any of your writing other than conversational, I really can't judge though)

I think it would be great to see your writing, there or here! \:D/
And I promise to be gentle. :-" :lol:

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:06 am

I will root out my notes. I have had no time today. Installing my....OUR, new computer and the print/scan programme.

Hmm, ONE problem though, my spell checker now speaks American at me! :-?

But at least I HAVE one now. :roll:

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:07 pm

Well, you should be able to change that for Canadian instead without too much issue. ;) :lol:

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:13 pm

Bad news lass, Canada IS America. The same as Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Honduras, Belize etc, etc. ;) :badgrin:

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:14 am

Shouldn't be for Dictionary usage :-? ... Spelling-wise and grammatically we're closer to Britain (We haven't quite gotten lazy enough to change the spelling of the Queen's English yet :-" ). What are you using for your spellchecker? Something Linux-based? backoff: :lol:

Oh, and another pimp for me... I posted a great blog post just last night. Snow White and the Seven Sparkly Vampires?!

What can I say? :oops: I felt Witty! :lol:

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:21 pm

I am on Opera, and with Windows as my "Office".

I SUSPECT my trouble had more to do with English/German rather than anything else.

I am still searching for my note book bye the way. I WILL post what I have.

One that came to mind is something I wrote about a hot August Wednesday afternoon. When, in those days, all the shops had a half day off. My mates were all on holiday, and I was alone in the streets and the park.....No "horror story", but my attempt at "atmosphere".

I will put the full thing on your site when I find and refine it.