Crow defence legue.

Rumor, gossip, nonsense... all the things we love. This area is auto-pruned for topics over 21 days.
Ragnar

Crow defence legue.

Post by Ragnar » Mon May 03, 2010 11:38 pm

I have written before about the crows nesting within sight of where I am sitting at this very moment, tzyping.

Earlier today, one of the crows was on the ground under the tree, finding a McDonalds wrapper particularly interesting, when from accross the road comes this real "office worker" type guy.

Said crow was dfeffinately NOT amused. Wandered around a bit, looked at this guy, who then made a GRAVE mistake.

He tried to shove the crow away with his foot.

AIR RAID WARNING!!!

Crows do NOT like this.

Crow in question takes to wing and chases this guy for 200 or so meters down the road. Pecking at his head and neck. Not only that, but three other crows decide to join in the fun.

Last I saw, the guy was been treated for scratches and "wounds" by the paramedics on the street corner.

DON'T MESS WITH CROWS! :badgrin: :badgrin:

GOOD news is, the Ordnungsamt.... a bit like the Town police as opposed to the State police (Speaking to the U.S contingent, Canada, I do not know if their IS an equivalent), came on the scene, to take a "complaint report".

After 2 minutes, they put their note books away, and told the guy "Tough. It is breeding season and you tried to kick it. We are not going to do anything about it. If you WANT to follpw up the complaint, we will counter the complaint with one of animal cruelty".

(I went up there to be a witness for the crows when I saw the Ordnungsamt arrive, so I heard it.)

I LOVE crows! :-D

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Re: Crow defence legue.

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue May 04, 2010 6:11 am

\:D/ =D> =D> =D>

That's hilarious! And fortunate that the Ordnungsamt is a reasonable guy. There's always the risk here of people deciding to dislodge the nest.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Ragnar

Re: Crow defence legue.

Post by Ragnar » Tue May 04, 2010 7:56 am

That is what I thought as well.

Luckily, as far as wild life goes, Germany, and Berlin in particular, are very serious about its preservation. I believe it is the only country that has "preservation of the natural world and wild life" as an article of it's constitution.

My main concern was, that the crow was protecting a chick that had fallen from the nest. After an area search, I found that was not the case. Luckily.

Although a pet crow.....(?) \:D/ ;)